Tutto Italia - My Truth About Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAswimmer626

I may love swimming, but I love Disney more!!!
PREFACE The three week delay between my previous review and this one was devoted to much consideration regarding a few topics that arose regarding my reviews - the titles, validity, and content of my reviews

I don't know why I'm writing this since it's obvious, but the title of my series, "The Truth About", should not be taken literally. The "Truth" according to a specific source is based on individual experience and opinion. That being said, no one experience or opinion is more important or "truthful" than another, and all should be considered and appreciated. My titles were not meant to overpower or outshine any other review, but rather to generate healthy discussion and sharing.

Secondly, some DIS members have questioned the validity and accuracy of my reviews because of my age. I think of my age in this scenario not as a hinderance but rather an advantage. Since most DIS members writing restaurant reviews are adults, there are not many opportunities to read what a younger person has to say. Since Disney vacations are often, if not most often, taken by families with children and teenagers, my reviews are likely helpful to DIS members fitting this description.

Lastly, the lack of content regarding alcoholic beverages has also been a heated topic of discussion on my threads. Although alcoholic beverages are an important part of a meal to many, I choose not to review them. I hope that everyone can respect this choice.

So now that I've gotten all that out of the way, here is the review. I usually have an argument to go along with all my reviews, but I just could not come up with one for Tutto Italia. So, I guess each reader can take from this review what they wish.

Atmosphere - The decor is nothing more special than your local fancy Italian restaurant, but it is a nice experience for those who have never had to chance. The dining area consists of a small entrance "hall", per say, and then the large dining room. Since I've only dined in a party of 2, we've always been in the "hallway". But there are tables for 2 in the main area, so if you ask, they will accommodate you.

Menu - There are so many choices for all three courses that I would find it difficult not to be adventurous and try something different each time. Enough said.

Appetizers - The bread basket and olive dish brought to every table are very nice to begin the meal. The salads are all good and fresh, but they're just salads, so don't expect anything "wowing". The Prosciutto di Parma (ham with thin slices of seasonal melon) is really nice to cool down with after getting hot from walking. Other starters include the Grand Antipasto Misto, Eggplant Caponata, and Calamari Fritta.

Entrees - With nine pasta dishes and 7 meat and seafood dishes, there are enough choices to satisfy anyone. The Sacchetti, pasta pillows with ricotta and mozzarella cheese in a pomodoro sauce, is absolutely melt-in-your-mouth perfection. The Lasagna al Forno with meat ragu, bechamel, and parmesan, is very good. The Costoletta di Maiale, a grilled pork chop with broccoli rabe, is so juicy and tender. I have two reservations here on my upcoming trip, and I am going to try two completely new entrees this time.

Desserts - Very good selection and quality. The Chocolate Torta with raspberry sauce is very good - heavy, but small enough that you won't be bursting at the seams. The Mocha Tiramisu is totally awesome! I've had it twice, and it is yet to disappoint. The restaurant also offers Canolli, Cinnamon Ricotta Cheesecake, and a few Sorbetti and Gelati choices.

Portions - The sizes are not huge, but definitely filling. If you're on the Dining Plan and are taking full advantage of your credits each day, you shouldn't have anything to complain about here. If this is your only meal stop the entire day, you may leave wanting to grab a snack.

Service - The wait staff is one of the best around in Disney. I am yet to have a bad experience due to our server. The staff is knowledgeable of the menu, specials, and are very accommodating.

Cleanliness - I've never had anything to complain about in the restaurant. The dining room is very tidy, and the bathrooms are very clean too. Just perfect!

Value - Unless the pasta is perfect, which in this case, sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't, I am probably not willing to spend $24 or more for an entree on a regular basis. I find that the appetizers and desserts are a bit overpriced for what is given to you, but it's Disney, so what do you expect.

Location - The restaurant is located in the Italy pavilion of Epcot's World Showcase. Since Italy is on the back side of the World Showcase Lagoon, it is a long walk to the restaurant from the Epcot main entrance, but much less if coming from the International Gateway.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this helped to answer any questions you may have about Tutto Italia. If you have any more questions, please post and I'm sure that someone would love to help you. The rest of "The Truth About" series is available through the signature portion of my profile, so please take a look if you wish.

Thanks again for such a great review! Sounds like a nice place. This is not on our list to try for our upcoming trip but really enjoy reading your reviews. Am looking forward to the next one. :)

Great review! I do, however, disagree about the portion sizes. I had the lasagna, and I could barely finish 2/3 of it! I didn't even have an appetizer. I couldn't imagine walking out of that place wanting a snack.

PREFACE
Secondly, some DIS members have questioned the validity and accuracy of my reviews because of my age. I think of my age in this scenario not as a hinderance but rather an advantage. Since most DIS members writing restaurant reviews are adults, there are not many opportunities to read what a younger person has to say. Since Disney vacations are often, if not most often, taken by families with children and teenagers, my reviews are likely helpful to DIS members fitting this description.

I don't think I've ever picked up on any indication of your age in your reviews. Unless your reviews were only being done on the kids meals I wouldn't even notice! I enjoy your reviews so keep 'em coming.

I broke down and made ADRs for Tutto Italia after reading a few reviews raving about this place. I hope it lives up to the raves!

As the mom of 2 teenagers, I appreciate the teenage perspective of dining reviews. I have gone back and read your other reviews too. Thank you for taking the time to contribute your opinions and hopefully you will write reviews of you upcoming trips!!!!

Ive really enjoyed your reviews, i take EVERY review i read with a pinch of salt and im fully prepared to give a place a try for myself anyway :thumbsup2

I've never eaten there because I don't think the value is good for those who are paying out of pocket. I think they're pricing the food too high, even for Disney standards.

However, I have seen enough dining reviews lately that make me rethink my stance, so I might want to "someday" try this place.

Great review

We've got this booked for our upcoming trip - I wasn't sure about it but i am quite excited now............................ thank you

Why should your age make any difference in terms of validity of your review? I've seen and know MANY grown adults that have a worse palatte than many 5 year olds and are so picky and only eat fries and chicken fingers. They have no right to say your age has anything to do with it. I like how you actually try different things. Who cares if you can't drink alcohol yet? I'll wait unti you turn 21 to get your reviews on drinks ;)

Anyways... nice Tutto review. We love it there and have 2 ADRs for our next trip. It's slightly more expensive than the normal 1 TS Disney restaurants but I think it's worth the extra money.

Thanks again for your review...please keep them coming b/c I enjoy reading your review...The Truth was an eye catching for me and I'm glad you have continued to do more. Thank you again for taking your time and share your review with us.

i freakin love ur reviews......i went to kona cafe because what i read in your reviews and i loved it

Thanks for the review. I booked an ADR for this restaurant prior to reading your review, but now I'm looking forward to eating there even more after having read your review.

"The Truth About" are my favorite reviews - keep them coming!

I appreciate your:

1) Proper grammar and spelling (A)
2) Fairness in expectations (A)
3) Honest opinions, substantiated by fact (A)
4) Detailed descriptions of service, atmosphere and food (A)

I give you an A all around, and I hope you don't let the naysayers get you down. :)

I'm totally Team Tutto Italia- so it's nice to read a balanced opinion.:hippie: I think they have the best servers in WDW.

Good job! We loved Tutto. If there weren't still so many places to try, I'd go back next time (too many restaurants, not enough days!).

Thank you for this wonderful review, it makes me that much more excited to try Tutto when we go in October :thumbsup2

BTW-I don't know how old you are, but as a Mom to a teen boy who LOVES Diney dining I really appreciate your views. This was the first review of yours that I have read, but I'm going to be looking for more!

I was perusing the review section today and saw the title "The Truth About Tutto Italia" and thought - woohoo, another Truth About review, gotta open that right away, especially since we are eating there in Sept.

I have to tell you, I usually only read your review and not the coments left by others, so was unaware you have received some negative reactions. Your reviews are so thorough and informative - I just love them! I do know that everyone's taste is different, and your might not be mine, but the way you write your reviews, I can decide if what you liked or didn't like about a restaurant would be important in my desire to eat there.

Please continue to write them! And I am an almost 50 year old woman coming to WDW with my tweeners, so I am always reading with both the kids and the parents in mind!

We ducked in there at lunchtime about 10 days ago because of a torrential rainstorm. Had no reservations, but they took us straight to a table (party of 4). We were on the DDP, and we thought it turned out to be a wonderful way to "spend" our credits.

DH had the veal medallions; I had the pork chop; DDs both had a pasta/panacetta dish that was fab (and they are VERY picky eaters!). We each got a different dessert and shared bites. After trying four (cannoli, chocolate gelato, chocolate raspberry torta, and gelato-stuffed cream puffs with hot fudge), I wished I'd just gotten a big dish of the vanilla gelato--or the stuffed cream puff things. Anyhow, all were very good, but that vanilla gelato was fantastic stuff.

I agree-the service was top notch. And it was great learning that all the staff there are actually from Italy (it was our first time to WDW, so we didn't know that!) and how authentic the food was. Our waiter talked to us about how the food compared to what he grew up with, etc., and we had a wonderful meal and a great time chatting with him.

If we ever go back, Tutto will DEFINITELY be on our list! :thumbsup2

I'm totally Team Tutto Italia- so it's nice to read a balanced opinion.:hippie: I think they have the best servers in WDW.

The best? Or the cutest? ;)

The only thing I'll disagree on is the portions. I'm someone who loves sweets and I almost always have dessert. I had to skip dessert when we tried Tutto! I was stuffed!!!

Otherwise, I agree, it's totally overpriced and I have a hard time recommending it to people paying OOP, but if you're on the DDP, it's very tasty and totally worth your time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter