Tut-Tut, it Looks Like Rain! May '09 Trip Report. *Finished! 9/27 Pg. 69.

I used to watch the Muppet Babies! We LOVED that show. You never did get to see the Mom did you? Just her legs and her nifty tights.

That is a really neat factoid about Mary Poppins and the costume designer. I had no idea! I think he did a GREAT job. :goodvibes

Another awesome bit of trivia! Wow! I wish they wouldn't have destroyed it. Very clever.

LL, sounds like you had a GREAT evening being solo! All the way from enjoying to DHS to "me time" in the hotel. :thumbsup2 I hope your feet start to feel much better for when your Mom arrives...
Oh yes, I remember her tights too! :laughing: It was a great evening despite the rain and feet.

Man how I adore Disney trivia and your update was full of it!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

I'm so glad you were able to do a lot of exploring and just enjoy DHS before the rains came. Even better you were able to just have some time to relax and rest those poor feet of yours!!

I cannot wait for our DHS day...the 4 of us are going to have a blast hitting up certain places and areas and I think One Man's Dream should be one of them!!!!!

Great update LL!
I really can't wait for DHS again, it's so much fun. I am just super happy while I am there. :goodvibes

Great updates LL! I'm glad you had a good time at DHS both with Jen and by yourself. I know the rain might be a bummer but it forced you to give your feet just what they need. :thumbsup2 Sounds like a relaxing evening at your resort-something I need to do more of!!

I really need to do One Man's Dream. I think I did it 15 years ago but not since then-if it was even open then. As you saw from the sign, not much was there back then!
There seemed to be a lot of changes to One Man's Dream even from when I was there last September. It's a great tribute to Walt. :goodvibes

Sigh...I just love One Man's Dream-I'm a big fan of all that early Disney history/trivia...sigh

I'm starting DS out early reading him a kid's bio of Disney-he was really so visionary and I particularly love his early short cartoons from the 30s and of course Snow White-beautiful...:cloud9: and the 50s-Peter Pan and Sleeping Beauty and Alice of course...

I was really interested in your report of the Hollywood Brown Derby-sounds great-I enjoyed living vicariously through your experience-I started having a meal there once...but dd started to feel ill so I took her outside and let DH & DS finish...:confused3...I'll have to get back there some day...

(I got sick on a different trip and missed my meal at Jiko...:confused3-perhaps my family is cursed...and it's never the Counter Service we miss-its the Table Service that I was really looking forward to...(DS got sick when we were in Disneyland and we missed Napa Rose at the Grand Californian)-ok... so we've had three strikes-NO MORE ALLOWED-As God as my witness-it will never happen again...:headache:

I love that your having a good time solo and can't wait till your mom shows up...:surfweb:

(I am sorry about your feet and hope they feel better-that can be such a miserable feeling...:sad1:)
Wow! No more strikes for you! I can't recommend Brown Derby enough, it's my favorite at Disney...well so far. ;)

I'm so behind again! Too much to quote so I'll just say it was a great update and I'm so sorry about your feet! I really hope on your next trip your feet behave themselves so you can enjoy everything! :hug:

556134485_5QVdG-M.jpg

And right after this picture........

The raindrops came falling down.

I love that picture. Where is that? It is so pretty.

I am really worried about the rain in August. We went one year in June and it rained alot and from the things I have looked at August has a higher average of rain fall than June.

I am really worried about the rain in August. We went one year in June and it rained alot and from the things I have looked at August has a higher average of rain fall than June.

I can tell you from what I remember from when we used to go in August it did rain just about every day but it was usually between 3 and 6 and it was usually done by 6, I think if I remember correctly. So not too much time and it was usually when we were back at the hotel eating. Usually it wasn't 3 hours though, like maybe an hour to an hour and a half so it shouldn't ruin your plans too much. I guess we'll both find out though very soon!!

ok I am all caught up now! Its amazing how far you can get behind on all the TRs ur reading when you are with out your computer for a week. Great TR, I am gonna have to take notes on our next trip.

I wouldn't worry too much. I think with the rain you never know. I went in late September 2 years ago, and it rained every day we were there. Even the CM's we talked to kept commenting on how crazy the weather was. My parents went about a week or two later and had one short rainfall the entire trip.

I went the last week of August last year and we had no problems with the rain. It rained a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not continously.

I'm so behind again! Too much to quote so I'll just say it was a great update and I'm so sorry about your feet! I really hope on your next trip your feet behave themselves so you can enjoy everything! :hug:
I really hope they do too! I can't take another trip with my feet like that. :rolleyes:

That picture is near the statues in Hollywood Studios, on the side where Indiana Jones is. Does that make sense? It's really a pretty background.

I can tell you from what I remember from when we used to go in August it did rain just about every day but it was usually between 3 and 6 and it was usually done by 6, I think if I remember correctly. So not too much time and it was usually when we were back at the hotel eating. Usually it wasn't 3 hours though, like maybe an hour to an hour and a half so it shouldn't ruin your plans too much. I guess we'll both find out though very soon!!
I think you will both be find with the rain! It rained enough on me in May. :rolleyes1

ok I am all caught up now! Its amazing how far you can get behind on all the TRs ur reading when you are with out your computer for a week. Great TR, I am gonna have to take notes on our next trip.
Yay for being caught up! I always feel like I am behind! :laughing:

I wouldn't worry too much. I think with the rain you never know. I went in late September 2 years ago, and it rained every day we were there. Even the CM's we talked to kept commenting on how crazy the weather was. My parents went about a week or two later and had one short rainfall the entire trip.

I went the last week of August last year and we had no problems with the rain. It rained a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not continously.
I think that it will just the "normal" summer rain.

LL:

Update..... Please!!!!!! popcorn::
Wait......Pretty Please! popcorn::
Sorry MEK! I hope to get in one this week but don't know. It might be this weekend. I've had another busy week. :upsidedow

Oh well I'm sorry about that but thanks for taking one for the team!! :thumbsup2 (Just kidding I really am sorry it rained on you!)
I'm more than happy to take one for the team! :rotfl2:

How was your movie tonight? I saw your Tweet! :goodvibes
Oh...Harry Potter was EXCELLENT! I really loved it. They did a great job with it I think. I was only a little disappointed that they left out one part or...they didn't do it like it was in the book but overall AWESOME.

Finally. Caught. Up. :woohoo:

Now I am exhausted.

I don't know why I made myself read your entire PTR before jumping back to your trip report, but I did. I think it was well worth it. ;)

So excited to be real time now, way too much to comment on but now that I am caught up you will be hearing from me. :)

Just finished reading all of your updates. What a great tr!

So sorry to hear about your foot pain. Was it the shoes?
I got blisters last year from new shoes. Blisters are a nightmare.

None at all! popcorn::
I'm working on it!

Hey! I love this trip report!! i am subscribing!!
Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Finally. Caught. Up. :woohoo:

Now I am exhausted.

I don't know why I made myself read your entire PTR before jumping back to your trip report, but I did. I think it was well worth it. ;)

So excited to be real time now, way too much to comment on but now that I am caught up you will be hearing from me. :)
Aww, bless you for getting through my PTR, it's quite wordy! :laughing:

Just finished reading all of your updates. What a great tr!

So sorry to hear about your foot pain. Was it the shoes?
I got blisters last year from new shoes. Blisters are a nightmare.
Thanks for reading!!

I think it was a combination of the Mary Jane Crocs with a lot of rain! :rolleyes:

I feel like a big TR Slacker! It's been a busy week for me. :headache:

I am happy to report that I have uploaded all of my photopass pics so plan to do an update with those tonight or tomorrow. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter