• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker or Coral Reefe

tusker or coral

• tusker

• coral reef

Results are only viewable after voting.
These are two of my favorites, but the ages swung me in favor of Coral Reef. The kids just love watching the huge full size aquarium.

Cannot go wrong either way -- they are both great!

I voted Tusker...we went to the Coral Reef last fall and in all of the meals we've eaten at Disney (which has been many) it was the WORST experience. I know that all places/servers/kitchens have off nights, but :scared:. And, for my kids (2, 5 and 7 when we were there) the fish only entertained them for a short period of time.

You didn't mention what meal, but Tusker House for breakfast and characters is hard to beat. The buffet is huge and the restaurant is fun for little ones! Excellent food and service.

I would have said Coral Reef until the past couple years. It's been going downhill fast, food quality-wise. OTOH, we ate three times at Tucker House in September on our last family trip! I planned a lunch and breakfast but we loved the food so much we went another time for dinner. We like it even better than Boma which it shares qualities with.

They are very different types of meals though. How do you feel about buffets in general? We like them cuz I can get food for the kiddos immediately! CR is a beautiful restaurant that provides lots of distractions for little ones but service is sometimes less than brisk and, like a PP, my kids were bored by the fish by the time we finally got dessert!

I always wonder what people are ordering who say they don't like Coral Reef.
Every time we've been there, we've enjoyed it a LOT. We like it more than Le Cellier. I sent some friends there a couple weeks ago and they loved it.

If you're thinking Tusker house for breakfast, I have nothing bad to say about it! It's great.

Coral Reef!! That was one of our favorites on our last trip and we'll be doing it again this trip! When planning for our upcoming trip, I asked DS11 if he wanted to repeat any of last years 11 restaurants and he said this and Narcoosees (that boy has some good taste). Those were my two favorites as well.

Tusker house breakfast was good too, but it's a "been there done that" for us.

I voted Tusker...we went to the Coral Reef last fall and in all of the meals we've eaten at Disney (which has been many) it was the WORST experience. I know that all places/servers/kitchens have off nights, but :scared:. And, for my kids (2, 5 and 7 when we were there) the fish only entertained them for a short period of time.

You didn't mention what meal, but Tusker House for breakfast and characters is hard to beat. The buffet is huge and the restaurant is fun for little ones! Excellent food and service.

Ditto! One of my worst restaurant experiences ever, anywhere! YUCK! Plus we had a seat all the way in the back and we couldn't see the fish at all, especially my kids!
Tusker House on the other hand was very good! The food was very good, nice and hot and fresh, great character experiences, and what a great way to see the park, early in the morning with nobody else there!

I had an excellent meal at both places on my last visit. I guess It would boil down to if you want to be served or serve yourself. Some times its nice to just sit and relax and let everything come to you.

My group enjoys Coral Reef.

I've eaten there 4 times, and we're eating there again in our trip in November.

You're going to get a bad server, food you might not like, and it may be at Coral Reef, or it may be at California Grill (I did!).

But I remember when I was making ADR's for my first trip, I wanted it to be perfect. I read to guidebooks, online reviews, and I went against the negative reviews and booked CR anyway. We ALL thought it was great!!! Now it's a must-do. If you have a bad meal, complain.

I have to let you know Coral Reef was the WORST MEAL we have had in Disney. We had an ADR and waited for a seat 45 mins...when we got inside the was alot of empty tables. My sons chicken was undercooked. My fish smelled really bad and took one bite...it was not fresh. We asked for the bill and it took our waiter about 25 mins to give it to us...left the place hungry b/c nothing was eatable and had a good lunch at Sunshine Season's...my husband said we should have went here inside of trying the worst food of his life.
Tusker House breakfast is one of our family favorite. My son loves the character interation here...the kids and characters have a dance parade. Food is great. We went here 3 times since they have openned. The kids will love this place and the parents too...great selection of food.

I chose Coral Reef. We loved our food and had fab service. The wall tank is awesome as well!

Never been to Tusker, I have been to Coral Reef and love it!!

I feel Coral Reef has declined terribly in the last 5 years or so. I also hate the long waits we seem to have everytime we eat here so this one is off of our list for the time being.

We enjoy the food at Tusker House and it's still on our list of places we enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter