Tusker House

sunshineNJ

DIS Veteran
I looked at the menu for Tusker House. I am trying to decide if it will work for us. Is it mostly african or curry stuff? Is there a good amount of American food or not? Thanks so much. :yay:

I looked at the menu for Tusker House. I am trying to decide if it will work for us. Is it mostly african or curry stuff? Is there a good amount of American food or not? Thanks so much. :yay:

There are a lot of more adventurous foods and tons of american foods too. We all found something to eat...foodies and picky eaters.

I am very picky when it comes to what I eat and Tusker House was one of my favorite restaurants (for breakfast and lunch). There was something for all of us, even a 6 and 2.5 year old who, also, are quite picky. The carved meats were delicious! There are tons of different entree type foods, side dishes, salads, breads, and desserts. Definitely grab a chocolate chip cookie there (or two, or three...) - they are awesome! Our waiter told us to take some to go for snacks later in the day!

Enjoy

Tusker House and even Boma are very toned down with their food. I've eaten at African restaurants all over (I love African food) and neither really require a whole lot of adventure on the part of the guest. There is always a station with more standard food for kids or people who have absolutely no desire to fluctuate from their comfort zone but it really isn't all that spicy.

Tusker House was DH's favorite last trip & picky eater DS found plenty he liked of the offerings. Something for everyone. Enjoy!

I think everyone has given you great guidance so far. There are a few dishes that will be a little on the exotic side (the tofu entree, some of the sauces), but plenty is right down the middle (sirloin at the carving station, cold cuts, mashed potatoes).

And there is nothing exotic that I remember on the dessert table, just plenty delicious.

Also, the CMs there seem to me to be some of the friendlier ones around.

We absolutely loved Tusker House!!!! Soooo many choice.....oh, and the dessert table. Wow and YUM!:thumbsup2

It's my new favorite restaurant on property. Second only to Jiko. See my dining review for details! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter