Tusker House

DISNEYNY

DIS Veteran
I have heard many people say that Tusker House at AK is one of the best CS at WDW. What is the best thing to order??

Now I have heard that Tusker House will be closed. Any Opinions on Flame Tree??

I am a big fan of the salmon-better than most TS...Don't forget to try a breakfast here as well, great combos, or grab a huge muffin w/a snack credit!

Husband and I had the ribs and kids had the pork sandwich..all were good

rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans - yum!

I agree! That is a yummy meal.

I don't know when your trip is, but Tusker House is closing for a rehab sometime in September. If you're going to WDW during the rehab, you'll have to consider another place to eat.

The rotis. chicken is one of our favorite meals at WDW! Unfortunately, I can no longer rave about the carrot cake for dessert--it has been replaced by something small, round, and not nearly as good. Our AK meal plan is now the TH chicken, followed by a stroll to Flame Tree for the yummy key lime pie.:thumbsup2

My daughter and I both loved the salmon meal. My husband got the rotisserie chicken, and said it was "okay". I think my younger daughter had a chicken drumstick (the kids meal), and it wasn't really enough food for her so we shared.

I had the rotisserie chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes. Very yummy! DD had the kid's drumstick meal and enjoyed hers too, though she also ate some of my chicken as like the other poster, it wasn't enough for her.

We also got some fabulous chocolate cake for dessert, but I've read here, that is no longer available, which is a shame, it was really GOOD!

Here's another vote for the chicken, but we also like TH for breakfast- the scrambled egg platter is a great buy!

We too like the chicken and the salmon. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Last time my DM and I shared the chicken and also got the Balsamic Chicken Salad-which was really good! We planned on having it again in Sept, but as previous poster said, Tuskers will be closed in Sept. :confused: We will really miss it. We also had breakfast there last trip and it was also good. The cinammon rolls, were really good!! Scambled eggs and bacon-very good, and plenty to share.

(I have a review of Tuskers, in link below)

Happy Dining!

Tiffer said:
Are they mashed or garlic mashed?
I just checked my review, and they are garlic mashed.

I like the turkey wrap with corn chowder. The fried chicken sandwich is also wonderful. Can't go wrong with anything at Tusker House, actually.

I have read on this board that Tusker now serves the same prepackaged desserts as other WDW CS locations. Haven't seen that the regular menu has changed.

I went to the Tusker House last December and had the Turkey Wrap which turned out to be the worst thing I have ever eaten while in WDW, it had no taste and was very disgusting. The only thing good was the soup plus the fries I got on the side however, I plan to never go back to the Tusker Huse because of how bad it was. After eating there I went to Pizzafari and got myself a Cheese Pizza because I was still hungry from the Turkey Wrap.

Plus they had to have the worst service in the history of counter service locations in WDW. It took forever to order and took just as long to get our food. I should also mention this was just after 11:00 AM when they were not that busy to begin with. I have been to Cosmic Rays and ABC Commissary just after 11:00 AM, where the service was much faster when ordering and for getting our food.

The salmon is good, but I love the green beans - they were soooo tasty! And while I have had some slow service there at times, the food is always great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter