Tusker House or Yak & Yeti

Resqlt

Mom to a Prince and a Princess
I want to try a TS in Animal Kingdom. I will be with DH, DS (9), DD (7) and the grandparents. We have never eaten at AK except CS. Which do you recommend? I know that Tusker House is a buffet and Yak & Yeti is an order from the menu restaurant and that is is a more Asian cuisine. In terms of food quality, atmosphere and overall experiences which would you suggest?

We've been to both quite a few times. Between the two choices I'd go with Tusker, whic has african but mostly american food. Yak and Yeti has mostly asian inspired food.

We have been to both and we have some picky eaters. We had a hard time with lunch at Tusker House but breakfast was excellent. Yak and Yeti had an excellent selection for even our most difficult eaters.

I don't see much of a differnce in food quality. I like them both. I do think Y & Y is the more attractive of the two.

I can't speak for Tusker House because we haven't tried it yet, but we absolutely love Yak and Yeti. Their steak and shrimp dish is wonderful. We make it a point to eat there every trip.

We've done both and loved both. We did TH as part of the Finding Nemo package, and we had a great server and loved the food too. Our next trip, we did Y&Y and had a fantastic meal there. I think your decision ought to depend on what kind of food (Americanized African vs. Americanized Asian) and experience (buffet vs. table service) you want. But rest assured, you won't make a wrong choice - both restaurants are excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter