Tusker House or Ohana dinner?

Megara5115

DIS Veteran
I have found a lot of threads debating breakfast between these two but not dinner. Right now we have 'Ohana booked for a late-ish dinner and Tusker for an early lunch for our AK day. I'm considering changing the day to DS in morning/early afternoon and doing AK in the afternoon/evening and Tusker House dinner there.

It will be me, DH and our two kids (11yo and 9mo). My first focus is how good the food is and nobody is especially picky. Characters & activities are a distant second for us this trip and more of a bonus. Any insight is helpful- thank you!

I have only dined at Tusker House for breakfast, but whole heartedly recommend 'Ohana for dinner. 'Ohana is a unique dining experience. You won't have as many options as the buffet at Tusker House, but the food is very good in my experience. Also, the atmosphere is great and they have fun activities for kids. To me, Tusker House seems like just another character dining buffet.

We always go to 'Ohana when we visit Disney. It's actually the only restaurant we make sure to visit each trip.

TH is the ONLY restaurant my family requests when we visit WDW and we always go for dinner. I never tried O'hana but the reviews are mixed. I hope I will try it on our next trip (I cancelled our ADR there the last two trips but would never consider cancelling TH).

The character interactions at TH is great.

We love 'Ohana and I think the food is really good, but honestly I'd pick the one that fits your plans better. Your 'Ohana ADR is lateish...how will that work for the baby? I think both of your options are good ones as far as food quality and experience goes.

Thank you everyone- I think we may do Tusker House this time around and save Ohana for another trip :)

While we used to love tusker, we tried ohana 2 trips ago and it has become one of our family's fav. The only thing is just forcing ohana for a "late-ish" dinner just to eat there i would pass. My personal feeling is keep trying for an earlier time or go with a meal time that makes sense at another restaurant. Maybe we are just drinking the kool-aid, but most sit downs have been good experiences for us and eating at a good time would be more important than a specific restaurant. That is unless you ask my wife about BOG ... that would be a requirement for her even if dinner is at 12AM.

We've done Tusker a few times for breakfast and definitely enjoy it, never done dinner there, but we've been to Ohana for dinner many many times and highly recommend it. It's a must-do for us every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter