Tusker House or Chef Mickey..Which one would you choose?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DisneyBliss7, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Fiveisaparty

Fiveisaparty Mouseketeer

I would only do Tusker House if you can get in early. I would love to do it, but never have because the day at AK is so short already that I didn't want to take up 90 minutes of it with an ADR. I have heard nothing but good things about it!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. donnot

donnot Earning My Ears

I have actually never been to Chef Mickey's, so I can't comment on that (we have always stayed at Port Orleans and All Star Music, so it's not convenient), but I am returning to Disney in a few weeks after having been away for a few years. The only place in all of Disney World my kids (who are now teenagers and pre-teens) said they wanted to eat and not miss is Tusker House for breakfast. The food is good, the place is huge and the characters come around to all the tables dressed in Safari gear. They do cute parades with the kids. It seems to me that the reviews of Chef Mickey's are always bad and the reviews of Tusker House (for breakfast at least) are always good. I'd go with TH if I was in your shoes! Have fun!

PS - I haven't been there in 3 years, but last time I was there it was the same characters as someone said above - Mickey, Goofy, Daisy (and I think Minnie too), plus Donald outside.

4. Cobern

Cobern DIS Veteran

What is the photo package? Sorry first trip to Disney and and want some fun pictures to show the kids later. We are doing the pp+ so how do you do that?

5. hgeisler

hgeisler DIS Veteran

This!

6. tpimental

tpimental Mouseketeer

We LOVE Tusker House!

7. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

You couldn't PAY ME to eat at CM again. I can't believe they get away serving the gross food that they do!

I tried Tusker House for the 1st time last month, and have an ADR for this month. It is now a must-do for us!

8. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

We went June 2011 was a really very decent I was a bit worried after the reviews I read but we thought the food was good.. I enjoyed the pasta, parm mash potato, chicken, salad, Mac and cheese, prime rib, & desserts..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013