Tusker House Lunch

GBBTomorrow

DIS Veteran
How is Tusker House for lunch now that it has characters? We have always loved this buffet and considered it something of a hidden treasure. I don't have a big preference as to whether a meal has characters, UNLESS it gets really wild to the point that you can't enjoy your meal.

Those who have been since lunch added characters: would we be better off paying a few extra dollars and going for dinner instead of the character lunch?

We are a group of 5, with 3 kids: 15, 12, 9.

I'm trying to decide on this, too. We booked it before it was a character meal, and i've seen several reviews about how crazy and loud it is. There's an opening at Yak and Yeti for right around the same time as our TH ressie and I am seriously considering switching it. We're doing several other character meals, so.

It's loud, but it is a buffet, so you won't be waiting long for your food. If I have food in front of me I'm generally much more tolerant of the noise.

And I found it fun/interesting to watch the characters interact with the kids.

I ate there a week ago, and am pleased to report that it looks to be the same excellent food selection as before the change.

Also found that by eating at shortly after 11 am, which is technically in between the end of breakfast and the beginning of lunch, the place was much quieter and less busy, so that we actually got at least two visits from each of the characters. When I walked out at a quarter after 12, the line to check in was backed up probably 35 people deep.

Excellent food. Excellent. LOUD. Very LOUD. Even at first lunch seating. LOUD.

Did I mention it was LOUD? LOL!

The menu looks awesome. I think we are going to do this when we go to WDW. I love hearing that it is loud. It's perfect if my then 2 year old decides to be vocal! She will blend right in. :rotfl2:

Love Tusker House. All the food is delicious. Can't go wrong.. plenty to choose from. I love the lunch-dinner food but we were going for breakfast all the time to see the characters. So, lunch is our must do now. In addition to the table greetings, characters lead a mini-parade through the restaurant and kids follow with musical instruments. I think the food is SO GOOD! I like Africian-Indian (India-Indian) type food but there's plenty of "normal" food for picky eaters too. We last went right around 11am and they were just changing from breakfast to lunch so DS had mickey waffles with his lunch.... made him a happy camper.

Do you think a late lunch would be better as far as noise is concerned? My nerves get flibbertygibbity after a while in that environment, but I think the kids would enjoy it and the selections sound good...as long as I didn't go insane ;)

Does anyone know how late they let you make a lunch ADR?

Hope its good- we have it booked next month. We have always done it for b-fast, and it is VERY loud, but I have 3 kids, so I am used to loud. I heard the food was good for lunch, so we are trying it for the first time.

How is Tusker House for lunch now that it has characters? We have always loved this buffet and considered it something of a hidden treasure. I don't have a big preference as to whether a meal has characters, UNLESS it gets really wild to the point that you can't enjoy your meal.

Those who have been since lunch added characters: would we be better off paying a few extra dollars and going for dinner instead of the character lunch?

We are a group of 5, with 3 kids: 15, 12, 9.

Aww, now, how can you NOT go with 5, I mean 3 kids :laughing:

Do you think a late lunch would be better as far as noise is concerned? My nerves get flibbertygibbity after a while in that environment, but I think the kids would enjoy it and the selections sound good...as long as I didn't go insane ;)

Does anyone know how late they let you make a lunch ADR?

We have a 2:30 lunch in August - if the parade is at 3pm, it might be a tad quieter by then, then again :confused3

Donald for a photo op, Daisy, Goofy, Mickey.

Tusker House is Donald's digs, therefore his buddies & girlfriend

Chef Mickey is Mickey's digs, therefore his buddies & girlfriend :rotfl:

You'll have to excuse me as I amuse myself :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter