Tusker House is now 2 dining credits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People buy the plan so their dining expenses are somewhat capped at Disney. Disney has everyone plan 180 days in advance and people have budgeted x amount for their trip. When you think you are using your plan for specific meals and the terms change it alters your plans and budget.

If that's what people do...then people got it wrong.

The dining plan was designed to put a fixed value on meals...true...but if that cost rises then that is nullified.

Every person...every single one...on the majority of dining plans pays for food that they would not if given the choice onsite. Perhaps that's a way to"budget"...but you are already over budget.

There are other ways to do this...it's not a effective choice for large portions of customers now.

Except the DP costs more than OOP, set money in gift cards and dont feel the need to gorge yourself on time wasting sit down meals and the top priced stuff you maybe wouldn't have eaten. Easier and cheaper ways to budget than DDP.

To each his own...
Part of vacation for us is sitting down to meals. We cannot tour commando style with no breaks.
We have used the dxddp for every trip and we have never not saved money.
It may depend on how you travel and how you use your plan. But we don't gorge ourselves and we don't feel like we waste time.

As long as it's just those 3, I'm okay. No need to eat at any of them. It does seem hard to believe that they would elevate them to the same level as a signature or a dinner show.

(And yes, I am a "pathetic moron" that likes DDP. It allows us to relax - although I have to admit we didn't get quite enough food last time).

It does to those who have all three booked for upcoming trips. In the future they can just go without the dining plan and pay out of pocket.

Granted...

I always point out the longterm trend which nobody wants to ever bother with the "heavy" to think about...because it's always about the "booked" trip...not the next one...or the next.

Sure...it may not affect your ADRs with DD and DH...THIS year...so August is safe.

But in your "relief"...you've swallowed another gut punch that is permenant. It will cost you more
Forever.

(I don't mean"you"...I mean any overcharged yet "relieved" customer...there are too many to count these days)

Last edited:
At least it looks like they are sticking to just character meals. But, it is a shame that it will become that much more difficult for average families, with kids, to afford seeing characters. I wonder how this will pan out.

At least it looks like they are sticking to just character meals. But, it is a shame that it will become that much more difficult for average families, with kids, to afford seeing characters. I wonder how this will pan out.

The Disnet Company doesn't care about the average family. They are going after the 1 percenters, that's all they care about.

They want normal families to watch their movies, they no longer want them in FL.

I am thinking it's just a glitch. If you notice when you look under "dining plans accepted" 2017 entitlements required are listed, some say N\A and some are listed. For example, if you look at Tusker House you'll see under 2017 entitlements that only the deluxe dining plan lists 1 credit for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the deluxe dining plan only.

I have a feeling 2017 packages will be coming out soon, and whenever Disney comes out with something new, the website is sooo glitchy and tons of things get messed up. I wouldn't worry about it.

My silly doggie...

They jumped the shark on caring about anybody...affording anything...long ago.

Could care less/give a rat's...to be honest.

Granted...

I always point out the longterm trend which nobody wants to ever bother with the "heavy" to think about...because it's always about the "booked" trip...not the next one...or the next.

Sure...it may not affect your ADRs with DD and DH...THIS year...so August is safe.

But in your "relief"...you've swallowed another gut punch that is permenant. It will cost you more do
Forever.

(I don't mean"you"...I mean any overcharged yet "relieved" customer...there are too many to count these days)
So true. On the long term trend not being thought of. Hence the current panic we are seeing.
I would think a large majority will drop the dining plan for future trips with changes this major though. Or not. I suppose I could be completely wrong in how much others may value the DP. I guess we will find out soon...

We have Tusker House booked in October. That will change if we're not grandfathered in.

I have all three booked for our Sept trip. I'm hoping it's a glitch or that they will honour our confirmation. I'll wait a few days to see what happens before I start rescheduling....

My trip is in 20 days! This is stressing me out. Everything that I planned for at 180 days may not work now. So what was the point?

I have all three booked for our Sept trip. I'm hoping it's a glitch or that they will honour our confirmation. I'll wait a few days to see what happens before I start rescheduling....

I'd change it anyway...that's ALOT of bad food ;)

My trip is in 20 days! This is stressing me out. Everything that I planned for at 180 days may not work now. So what was the point?

The point of booking character buffets 6 months in advance? I have no idea what the point was ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter