Tusker House? Good, Bad, any thoughts?

fairygodmomma

making my children's wishes come true since 1999
Hello! We will be going to Ak On one of our park days and are considering tusker house for a late breakfast/early Lunch. How is the food? I have one picky husband and 1 picky son! Is the food pretty fresh? Is there a time to eat there that is better than others? Thanks!

We ate there for dinner as the AK was open a little later that night (new years day) and the food and the service both were good.

We ate breakfast there on our last trip. We really enjoyed the breakfast. We have reservations there again for breakfast on our next trip.

This November, I could not find an appealing restaurant for my family (8 people). It was my dad's birthday, free dining, and we didn't want a signature. Ideally, we wanted Ohana. After months of checking, 3 weeks out I got TH.

Family was uneasy - I'm the only one who liked Boma but it was a character meal for the kids and we do always try to hit some new places.

We all loved it! I think the food is a little more Americanized than Boma (not that I'm claiming Boma as a bastion of authenticity) and the character interaction was great.

We love Tusker House- it's become a must do breakfast for us. The food is fresh- there's a good variety with lots for picky eaters. The character interactions are always lots of fun.

The breakfast is great. We've done it many times and enjoyed it every time. We finally tried it for dinner on our last trip and we were not impressed at all.

We love lunch at Tusker House! Lots of variety, and fresh, healthy options. There are more adventurous choices plus more traditional for those that are picky. Plus, you get to see Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy! :)

I loved Tusker House! I hate to admit it, but I'm a semi-picky eater, mainly when it comes to vegetables.... But I left Tusker House feeling stuffed. There's definitely something there for everybody! I also enjoyed seeing the characters dressed up in their safari gear, and I think they have little parades for the children to participate in.

Another Tusker House lover here. It's the one and only buffet/character meal that we actually enjoy. The food is unique and different (and good) but they have some more traditional items for picky eaters too. We love a late breakfast reservation as you get to enjoy breakfast and lunch at breakfast prices.

If you don't think your family will like it, Yak n Yeti is also very good.

Tusker House was our best character meal this trip! Good character interactions, attentive servers, and a variety of traditional and unique breakfast options. They were my favorite buffet for allergy-friendly options.

Love Tusker House. We had a pre-park opening ADR there last March. Food was awesome. I was torn between that and the brunch hour. I've heard good things about going between 10-11a in that you get to try both breakfast and lunch.

Tusker house is a favorite. We just did lunch last July and our family of 11 all loved it.

Tusker House is a must do for us. Our last trip we couldn't snag a breakfast but we were able to book an earlier lunch. It was so good and much better than breakfast we thought.

For me there is no such thing as an excellent buffet, mass produced food sitting on serving stations has too many limitations to be great: especially lunch/dinner buffets (Boma is the only exception outside of breakfast that is average). But with that said, I actually find a few breakfast buffets to be average to above average; Tusker House is one of those that I actually enjoy and would recommend, at least for breakfast that is.

Thanks everyone! I reserved it for our animal kingdom day and am excited to give it a try!

I think you'll like it. We tried it for the first time for lunch a couple of years ago, we were very impressed with the food. In fact, we thought it was better than Boma--a long time family favorite. Everything seemed so fresh & tasty, we're trying it again next trip.

I'm a picky eater. I really enjoyed their breakfast. For lunch, I found it okay but not great for lunch. They do have plain chicken on the kids section of the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter