Tusker House for breakfast or lunch?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by PinkEars, Oct 7, 2012.

1. PinkEars

PinkEars Mouseketeer

Can't decide on which to go to? I can't find many pictures of the food to help me choose. We are doing Chef Mickey breakfast and Ohana breakfast. If its close wise with food I'd rather do lunch. However we are doing Boma for dinner same day. Is it too close to Boma food? Characters don't matter as Pluto is my sons favorite :lovestruc and we will see him at the other two places. So this is based all on food!

Thanks! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

If you are going to Boma, which is great, try Tusker House for breakfast. I like the breakfast there.

4. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam DIS Veteran

We've done both multiple times, and based on food.... We think Tusker house has the best breakfast on property. The lunch was OK- breakfast better. We are in the same breakfast trap- MOST of our ADR's are b-fast, except 3 (out of 8).

5. mowatm

mowatm Earning My Ears

Breakfast! And if you schedule your ADR early enough, you can get into the park before everybody else!

6. PinkEars

PinkEars Mouseketeer

Great! Maybe we will go with breakfast. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the replies!

7. meredith1

meredith1 DIS Veteran

Breakfast at Tusker is really, really good!

8. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

We enjoyed lunch there in August.

9. PinkEars

PinkEars Mouseketeer

I really loved Boma so wasn't sure if Tusker had some of the same offerings at lunch.

Is there something different everyone loves at breakfast you can't get at the other places?

10. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

I agree. Breakfast is so much better. I didn't really like the lunch selection at all. since your doing boma dinner, i would do tusker breakfast for sure. they have the best selection/variety.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

11. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

We love the lunch buffet at TH (it has become a must do for us), the breakfast is good too. I really don't think you will go wrong with either of them.

12. Brave teacher

Brave teacher DIS Veteran

We had an ADR for lunch at 11 in May last year. We got there about 20 minutes early. We got to have both breakfast and lunch. It was great! Seems like a great compromise...

13. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 We always book the LAST breakfast time, and then we usually get a preview of lunch too!!

14. Miz Diz

Miz Diz <font color=darkorchid>I'll give up anything, as l

We also had an 11am ADR on our last trip and got breakfast and lunch. I was glad because dd would not eat anything on the lunch bar, but she did eat breakfast items.

DH and I really like their lunch, but the kids don't care for it.

15. mobesfamily

mobesfamily Mouseketeer

We had 9 different brfst ADRs this past trip and Tusker House was, by far, the best out of all of them. Boma brfst & dinner were both great too. If you can, and it works for you, do an early ADR (before the park opens) and then you can go right to the Safari ride next door.

16. sydneysmom

sydneysmom needing a vacation....soon!

Breakfast, hands down! :thumbsup2 (I think if you only got the juice, it was worth it!) There's something so peaceful about being in the AK before rope drop... it's just serene and pretty and relaxing. (and you can get some fantastic pics)