• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House Breakfast - wwyd?

krismanda

Mouseketeer
Kind of going back and forth on ADR time for TH breakfast. Option 1 - go at 820 and be done shorty after park opens. Option 2 - do a few attractions and then have breakfast at 1030. What would you do ?

I would do the earlier ADR. Now that FP+ is the FP option, you can book your FPs whenever you like and structure your day around those. By doing the earlier ADR, you're still in the park shortly after rope drop when the crowds are low. Most lines will still be short for quite some time. Granted, if you DO want to see rope drop, you may want to opt for the later ADR. Personally, I love walking through AK before the park opens, and I like to get an early start to my day!

I like the earlier one as well. You likely won't finish too late after RD and will still be able to walk on any ride in a relatively short period of time.

Is it an EMH day? We had a nearly perfect day last time we went. A fast pass for the safari at 8:05 and all the animals were awake, eating, and super active. Then the first trek nearby, then TH character breakfast around 9:30. We did the Patagonia next which by then the animals were terribly cute settling down or already in their naps. We probably should have done both treks before stopping to eat and next time will.

So based on nap times, if it's an EMH day, do the later time!

Have fun! We can't wait to go back!

I would take the 8:20am ADR.
. . . arrive at park the gate for 7:45am entry *
. . . go to Tusker and start breakfast
. . . you can be seated almost immediately when the eatery opens
. . . ask waitress for the check WHEN you sit down
. . . it can be paid while you eat
. . . you will be out in time for the park opening at 9:00am

* Tusker allows you to to enter at 7:45 with an ADR prior to 9:20am,
and at 7:45am if you are Japanese with a 10:00am ADR or earlier.

EDIT: There is an reciprocal between Disney-Tokyo and WDW for some
eateries for an early entry. Thus, in the USA, Tusker allows Japanese
citizens to entry early with ADR up to 10:00am. The 9:20am early entry is
just a guest-centric practice of Tusker. Since they are not as swamped as
CRT or CP. they have room to bend.

I have a 930 but just saw a 825 open up but not sure if I should switch. It's not an EMH so they do open @ 9. How long would it take w/transportation from WL?

I would take the 8:20am ADR.
. . . arrive at park the gate for 7:45am entry *
. . . go to Tusker and start breakfast
. . . you can be seated almost immediately when the eatery opens
. . . ask waitress for the check WHEN you sit down
. . . it can be paid while you eat
. . . you will be out in time for the park opening at 9:00am

Even if you aren't out exactly at 9, you'll still be out early enough to reap the benefits of RD.

I'll be the vote for the late time. We have a 10:45 ADR. I figure we will get there at RD and have time to do some stuff early. Planning on at least EE and Safari and whatever else we can accomplish. TH at 10:45. We are hoping to take advantage of getting to pick from both breakfast and lunch selections. Then I'll schedule our FPs for later in the afternoon.

I think if I were to go to the earlier ADR, I'd tend to rush through the meal trying to get out at park opening or close to it. Not something I'm interested in when I'm paying $100 for a buffet! With the later time, I think we can accomplish a few things early and then have time for the shows and a few other attractions that afternoon.

We like the 1030 bfast time at TH. We get EE and Safari and at least one trail done before that, and usually have some photos taken too.

We do shows after TH. :goodvibes

We love the later breakfast times, so we can take advantage of both the breakfast and lunch offerings.

Another vote for the later time. We love the early park time, by 10:30 you can have as much finished as you would some times the rest of the day. Makes a nice brunch break, and we hate to give up prime early morning time!

The pro to the early one is that you'll finish right around park opening, which puts you in a good position for the Safari. You also enjoy walking through AK with virtually no one around, while you walk back to TH for your ADR. The con for the early one is that it's early and if you're relying on WDW transportation that time of morning, you should be at the bus stop pretty early. The other con is that TH tends to be insane that time of morning.

We always do an early one and find it works best fo rus.

We always get the latest breakfast times....but more because no one in our family are breakfast people, meaning we don't eat right when we get up. So we would never get our fill at a buffet breakfast. If we wait for a brunch time, we are good and hungry and get to spend a little time at the parks before we sit down.

We are doing a later time. We are coming from the contemporary so I don't want to worry about waking up super early, and this way we will just have a quick snack in our room to tide us over for "brunch" since we will hit breakfast and lunch at TH. Which means we probably will just snack or skip until dinner time leaving us plenty of time to check out AK before and after TH.

Kind of going back and forth on ADR time for TH breakfast. Option 1 - go at 820 and be done shorty after park opens. Option 2 - do a few attractions and then have breakfast at 1030. What would you do ?

Earlier!

We always do Crystal Palace and Tusker House character breakfasts early, that way we're in the park early and have already eaten, we hit the long-wait rides before the line gets big and grab some fast passes too!

I vote the later time. We always book a 10:45 reservation so that we can enjoy both breakfast and lunch. We've done a 8:00 ADR before and felt so rushed. Everyone is trying to get out by 9, and it is a madhouse in there! I was constantly looking at my watch making sure that we were done by 9. It was not very enjoyable. We love both the breakfast and lunch food there...so yummy!

Another vote for the later. We like to get in the park and get things done and then have a nice brunch there. Just did that last week. It worked out perfectly! :goodvibes

We really enjoy the earliest breakfast reservation possible at Tusker House on an non-early magic hour day. Easier to get into park and restaurant, plus still so far ahead of the big crowds coming in later in the day, too.

Whatever you choose, sure hope you have a great time!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter