• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House Best Breakfast Time

fabulousfive

DIS Veteran
We currently have an 8:45 ADR breakfast at Tusker House. I am wondering if I should try to move this to 10:00 so we can go on the safari first. If we did that, would we have time to go on safari and come back? May be too tight. We can't do ADR earlier because its already so early for us. I was also even considering pushing it back so we have the option to sleep in if we like. It's the second to last day of our trip & I know we will be tired. Since I've never been to AK, I'm struggling to come up with a plan. Love some tips!

We love to go to Tusker House at 10:45 or so...then you get the Breakfast Food, plus the Lunch food! :)

We currently have an 8:45 ADR breakfast at Tusker House.
I am wondering if I should try to move this to 10:00 so we can go on the safari first.

Yes. Absolutely this (or even later.)

The entire park will be open to all guests by at least 8:45AM.

(Best time to ride nearly every "E ticket" attraction is first thing in the morning...
often more that once.)

We love to go to Tusker House at 10:45 or so...then you get the Breakfast Food, plus the Lunch food! :)

Thanks all!!! When you do this does it feel like you have to eat breakfast real fast because they are taking things away?

Thanks all!!! When you do this does it feel like you have to eat breakfast real fast because they are taking things away?
No, not really. They leave them out for awhile, it's just the lunch food slowly makes it's way in. Last time we went we were able to get a plate of breakfast (we don't usually go up more than once or twice for breakfast anyway) and then the waitress told us the lunch food was coming. We waited a bit and my kids were able to have pizza, etc. The other thing is that the restaurant sort of cleared out and we saw the characters 2-3X each (and this was the BUSY first week of January). After awhile we had to wave off the characters...LOL. We were there about an hour and a half total I think.

No, not really. They leave them out for awhile, it's just the lunch food slowly makes it's way in. Last time we went we were able to get a plate of breakfast (we don't usually go up more than once or twice for breakfast anyway) and then the waitress told us the lunch food was coming. We waited a bit and my kids were able to have pizza, etc. The other thing is that the restaurant sort of cleared out and we saw the characters 2-3X each (and this was the BUSY first week of January). After awhile we had to wave off the characters...LOL. We were there about an hour and a half total I think.

Great, thanks for sharing how that timeframe works. I will definitely make the switch if I can. :) I'm almost thinking perhaps I should employ the same strategy at CP when we go to MK on parade taping day.

See we did it differently we booked our ADR for before the park opened date and then when we got done not many people were there and we went on the safari with very little wait. I think our reservation was 7:30 am and we did it just fine.

Another vote for "brunch" we've done it this way 3 times now, and it's great! DS loves the breakfast foods, and this way, we get to try lunch items too! Never felt rushed, as the breakfast stuff has always been out for pleanty of time to enjoy it. Even to go for 2nds! :cool1: This time, breakfast was at 10:55, with a FP+ for the safari from 12pm-1pm. It was perfect!

Another vote for "brunch" we've done it this way 3 times now, and it's great! DS loves the breakfast foods, and this way, we get to try lunch items too! Never felt rushed, as the breakfast stuff has always been out for pleanty of time to enjoy it. Even to go for 2nds! :cool1: This time, breakfast was at 10:55, with a FP+ for the safari from 12pm-1pm. It was perfect!

You all sold me on it! Now I hope it's available. Nothing right now, but I will be ready with a plan at least, thanks! And when you went on the safari mid-day, we're animals still out and about?

Yes. Absolutely this (or even later.)

The entire park will be open to all guests by at least 8:45AM.

(Best time to ride nearly every "E ticket" attraction is first thing in the morning...
often more that once.)

I agree - we had a reservation for 9:45 in June when the park opened at 9 and had no problem riding the safari and getting to breakfast on time. We were even a few minutes early, and they took us right away.

See we did it differently we booked our ADR for before the park opened date and then when we got done not many people were there and we went on the safari with very little wait. I think our reservation was 7:30 am and we did it just fine.

Tusker House doesn't open until 8:00AM.

Now that DAK opens between 8:30-8:45AM,
it's not possible for many guests to be finished with their (character) meal by the time the park is open.

This new early-opening time at DAK, DHS, and Epcot makes early-morning ADR's much less desirable.

Tusker House doesn't open until 8:00AM.

Now that DAK opens between 8:30-8:45AM,
it's not possible for many guests to be finished with their (character) meal by the time the park is open.

This new early-opeing time at DAK, DHS, and Epcot makes early-morning ADR's much less desirable.

I wish I had realized that when I made my early-morning (8 AM) ADR at Tusker House for this November. But in the grand scheme of things, it's fine. We got a FP+ for the safari and it's all good.

We had an ADR for 10:50am this past Thursday. We ran into some snags and didn't arrive until 11:10, but we were still seated almost immediately. I thought the timing was awesome! The characters were on a break when we got there, so we were able to go fill up our plates with breakfast food right away, without rushing and worrying that we'd miss a character. Then the characters came around while we ate, and when we went back for seconds, the lunch foods were out. So we got to try both breakfast and lunch, and actually eat something before the character craziness started. I'd absolutely do the same thing again.

We rode the safari before our 10am Tusker reservation. No trouble at all. Got in at park opening and walked right to it, had a 10 min wait.

It also helps the kids sit through breakfast a bit easier, if they just rode something really fun.

This past August, we went to Tusker on a morning EMH day. We didn't get there right for rope drop, but probably just a minute or two after. We stopped to rent a locker (dry clothes for after Kali/before dinner!). Then we went on Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Triceratops Spin and Tough to be a Bug, all without any wait at all. We then walked over and did the walking trail near the safari. We grabbed safari FPs on our way to Tusker House and the timing was perfect! We had 9:45 reservations and our FP return time was right when we were done eating. Couldn't have worked out better! And we were still able to ride EE and Kali, both with and without FPs, not waiting long for either.

Don't know when your trip is or if regular FP will still be available since everything is changing now, but when we eat at Tusker House in that time frame I've been known to grab everyone's tickets at opening time, run down and grab FPs and then return to the restaurant. Safari is pretty much right next door, so it doesn't take any more time to do that than it would to get up and go to the restroom during your meal.

Thanks everyone for your ideas and sharing what has worked for you! I will definitely try to change our time if I can. Need a little pixie dust! Love the Dis!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter