• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tuscan Ridge

CHEK

DIS Veteran
Anyone stayed here?, could you tell me what it's like. We have stayed at Highlands Reserve & Westridge before.

I haven't stayed here, But I know it's near to the other places you have stayed. Are these town houses or villas?

If they are town house, I can recommend Regal Palms, which is next door to Highland Reserves and has a pool to die for.

Have a look a trip advisor, you will find comments on there about Tuscan Ridge. It does look nice, if it's the one I'm thinking of, there was still some development going on when we were there in October, but it should be finished by now.

Hi it's a villa, as have been the previous one's as we travel with the extended family, my parents :rotfl:, so we enjoy the extra living space.

Not familiar with Tuscan Ridge but the only thing I would say is that the development is south of the attractions, you will see from the map below.
So you may need to bear in mind it will take you longer to get the parks than it would if for instance you were based off the 192 in Kissimmee (our preferred location).

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa/map.htm

Thanks JohnnySharp2 we love this area as you can probably tell (where we've previously stayed ;) ), the drive back to the Villa doesn't bother us :) . Just wondered what the area or Tuscan Ridge was like?

Thanks JohnnySharp2 we love this area as you can probably tell (where we've previously stayed ;) ), the drive back to the Villa doesn't bother us :) . Just wondered what the area or Tuscan Ridge was like?

Not too sure to be honest, we have driven down as far as Calabay Parc but not much further.
The villa developments are pretty much spread out down the whole of US27 really, there is a Publix supermarket at Champion's Gate but not sure if you will rely on the restaurants situated on the 192 or not.

http://www.championsgate.com/retail_office.asp

If you can find the address of the villa you are interested in or staying at I have a useful link you can have (similar to google earth), that will show you images of Tuscan Ridge and maybe even the actual villa itself, pm if you want to.

We took a drive down there for a nosey around a few years back when it was still in the early stages of development. From what I remember, it was very pleasant and quiet and a little bit more upmarket than some of the developments on the US27. We were interested in the 2-storey homes and I seem to remember they were grouped together, but I could be wrong about that. Oh and I think the development backed onto orange groves.

Hi Chek,
I have stayed at Tuscan Ridge. As Johny says its 2 developments on from Calabay Parc. All the houses are 'single family homes' No townhouses.
There is a Tennis Court, a small childrens playground & a small gym.
On the other side of the road is a Walgreens, Domino's Pizza, Chinese & other shops. Champions Gate is about 3 minutes away & has a lovely little Italian & a new Chilis. There is also a Publix, McDonalds & a Subway.
There are without doubt closer developments, but you have great access to the I4 & you dont have to use the 192 if you dont want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter