Turtle Talk With Crush

We saw it in June and loved it! So cute.

I didn't know it was at DCA too. Awesome! We'll be there in December.

Questions that were asked during our shows:

How long do sea turtles live? (my daughter's question)

What do sea turtles eat? (this one got a great response)

Can you come out of your shell?

How fast can you swim?

There were others but i don't remember them. Hope this helps!

It's a really nice show, I consider it a must see at Epcot FW. I think as long as you do it before 11am you should be fine. I went to the 10:40 showing 3 weeks ago and it wasn't packed..

I'm Waiting Till My Next Trip To Ask A Q.I Love Crush!It Was Funny When He Was Talking The Little Ones And He Would Ask A Q And They Would Stay Quite.lol
Baby Simba:flower:

Does Turtle Talk usually open when the park opens? I am going at the end of Aug. and was wondering what was happening now.

THANKS

Fantastic family show, very funney and interactive. Cant work out how they do it. Any idea?

I love this show, every show is different especially if you get a different actor every time. I had a blast. This is what I got from another website abot how turtle talk works:

Turtle Talk with Crush, which seats about 60, combines computer graphic animation with lip-synch features that create a high-definition cartoon performed in real time.

Its operators, most of them actors recruited with improvisational comedy experience, control the roughly 15-minute shows.

No two are the same. The advance that made it possible is software that makes the cartoon Crush's mouth move in synch with what his operator/voice is saying in off-screen headsets. The operator also can manipulate the character's facial features through a variety of programmed expressions or actions that make Crush, a surfer dude from the film Finding Nemo, do other shtick.

Crush can retrieve stuff from the ocean bottom for ad-lib talking points, dodge a whale or explain sea life such as how the sand temperature around turtle eggs determines if a hatchling is male or female.

"That's why boys are cool and girls are totally hot," Crush said during a recent performance.

First-timers typically are stunned when a cartoon character swims headfirst into what appears to be the glass wall of his tank, then starts fielding and answering questions from the audience.

"It's incredibly spontaneous," said Kathy Mangum, executive producer of the show. "Kids buy into it immediately because they are used to interacting with characters online and in computer games. But adults try to figure out how it works."

Crush actors even have standard lines for glitches. When the screen action froze for a second, Crush, made it part of the show.

"Did you see that? I froze!" he exclaimed. "That was awesome!"

Just curous: As comedy relief was it the same for everyone? The bikini top and "getting the bubbles"?

My family did this last Sept. We were there between Hurricane Frances (departure) and Ivan (was supposed to hit) and the crowds were very diminished. We waited about 10 minutes in line (we were at the front) and my DD (almost 5) sat on the floor in front. She was wearing her Sleeping Beauty dress, so of course Crush noticed the "Princess" among us. The only other kid on the floor was a boy in a baseball hat. After Crush talked to the kids, he started on the adults. I thouroughly enjoyed the show!

And I'm glad that we now have it here at DLand. I just told my daughter that now DLand has Crush and the Nestle Junior Chef thing. These were 2 of her favorite things. I guess will have to renew our AP soon.

Anyway, I did ask my daughter what she was going to ask Crush, (I forget her orig. ?) but at the last minute she decided to ask him ..how many fish are in the ocean? He said that was a hard one and he had a question for her. How many people are there in the world? It was very funny. Could have done with a few less "Dudes" but we will definitely go there again this Sept. 59 days and counting :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter