Turtle Talk with Crush experience

It's easy to see why she loves her daddy so much. He obviously loves her too! And how clever of Crush to know just the right thing to say!

I love this type of story. Thanks for sharing!

Such a precious story that it brought a smile to my face. Thanks, I needed that today!

Great story! Thanks for sharing! I hope to one day take my SIL to Disney. She has Downs as well and I know she would love it all! :goodvibes

Awww, thank you for sharing that. I read it, teared up, read it to my DH, and he teared up.

I would have been ballin tears. I've never been to that attraction but will make it a point to go.

And that's what Disney is all about! I'll probably think of this story every time I see Crush. Thank you for sharing...it gave me goosebumps! :hug:

Your sweet story brought tears and smiles! I have a DD who is 24 and has Down Syndrome and I can relate to this wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing.:flower3:

Hey Dad, the best part of the story (for me) was not what your daughter said or what Crush's reaction was. The best part was the part about your daughter sitting up front while you and Mom sat in the back. That right there tells me you know exactly how to raise a child with special needs. BRAVO!

Hey Dad, the best part of the story (for me) was not what your daughter said or what Crush's reaction was. The best part was the part about your daughter sitting up front while you and Mom sat in the back. That right there tells me you know exactly how to raise a child with special needs. BRAVO!

Well, we felt the socialization with other children in this type of setting is very important while still allowing us to keep an eye on her. Also, it would not have seemed right to take up space from the other children. However, some children may require more supervision or just be uncomfortable sitting alone with others without parental guidance. This must be decided upon by each parent of a special needs child for they know their child best

Thanks, for all the responses. It was just a special moment I wanted to share with my fellow posters on the Disboards.

Just back from our Orlando trip and wanted to share with everyone our experience in Turtle Talk with Crush. Myself, DW, and DD12 went to epcot and naturally had to visit Crush. My wife and I sat in the back and my daughter sat in the front row on the far end. My daughter has Down Syndrome and a limited vocabulary and this often prevents her from participating in group activities. Well a little bit into the show Crush asks if anyone would like to ask a question and we were a bit surprised when Taylor raises her hand. Surprise was followed by worry that her silence would embarrass her when she Doesnt respond. Well Crush asks her name to which she states "Taylor". Then he asks what question she would like to ask. Her answer was "I Love my Daddy".
Everyone starts laughing a good natured laugh. Crush says "Well sometimes a statement is just as good as a question and I am sure he loves you too." After the show as we were leaving several people came up to her and told her what an excellent question that was and she was grinning ear to ear. I would have loved to have that on tape. Anyways, that was our Disney moment this trip that kept us smiling all week.

:love: AWWWW!! I'm misty eyed too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter