Turning blue

Mk0323

Earning My Ears
I've been holding my breath, hoping against all hope they would repeat the PAP special before I purchased our AP's for our upcoming trip.
But I'm coming to terms with the dream ending ;)
BUT.....with my luck....once I purchase my AP's....they'll offer the deal. If that happened...could I get refunded the price difference and upgrade?

Refund? No.

Upgrade? Maybe. Disney apparently has a policy that you cannot "upgrade" to a cheaper ticket. In this case, the standard DVC AP cost more than the specially-priced PAP. Cast Members are supposed to only process an "upgrade" when guests have to shell-out more money at the time of the transaction.

That said, there were reports of people being able to upgrade at Guest Relations. Not all attempts were successful, though. Some Cast Members adhered to the official policy.

If you are renewing a DVC AP, you should be able to upgrade if the PAP is announced again this year. We had already renewed our DVC AP before the PAP announcement last year and had no problem upgrading.

If you are renewing a DVC AP, you should be able to upgrade if the PAP is announced again this year. We had already renewed our DVC AP before the PAP announcement last year and had no problem upgrading.

Depends upon the exact numbers involved.

Again, if the ticked being held cost LESS than the $399 PAP, upgrades were permitted as long as the owner paid the difference.

If the ticket being held cost MORE than than the $399 PAP, upgrades were (officially) not allowed.

OP mentioned getting a refund, which definitely would not happen. (Well, unless you happened to find a rogue CM who broke two rules by both allowing the upgrade and issuing a refund.)

The devil is in the details. Last year the PAP was $399. If a special reappears at $449 or $499 per ticket, it changes the entire scenario. Personally I think it's unlikely we'll see such an offer at all this year.

I've been holding my breath, hoping against all hope they would repeat the PAP special before I purchased our AP's for our upcoming trip.
But I'm coming to terms with the dream ending ;)
BUT.....with my luck....once I purchase my AP's....they'll offer the deal. If that happened...could I get refunded the price difference and upgrade?

Buy your AP when you get there. Don't buy it before.

Buy your AP when you get there. Don't buy it before.

Sound advice, but we wanted Magic Bands and FP+ for our early October trip, so we had to take the plunge and buy APs today. Had we bought upon arrival I'd have had to set all that up from my resort room, if at all.

There are always exceptions to every rule. :)

That was my thinking too....I would like to take advantage of FP+ before we get there. Such the dilemma ;)
Thanks for all your responses!!

I'm in the same boat. I went ahead and bought my APs today over the phone so I could do the Magic Bands/ FP+. I was really hoping for the PAP, but I know last year at this time there were at least some rumors to that affect, so I'm guessing they are a no for this year.

Refund? No.

Upgrade? Maybe. Disney apparently has a policy that you cannot "upgrade" to a cheaper ticket. In this case, the standard DVC AP cost more than the specially-priced PAP. Cast Members are supposed to only process an "upgrade" when guests have to shell-out more money at the time of the transaction.

That said, there were reports of people being able to upgrade at Guest Relations. Not all attempts were successful, though. Some Cast Members adhered to the official policy.

Yes I got a refund of like 20$ last yr :) ***that was last yr****

I also received an upgrade and refund on a gift card for 6 AP's which I think was around $25 per ticket. From what I read last year, this was hit or miss depending on the CM.

We had 5 AP vouchers last year. My husband and I went in October, but my boys weren't joining us on a trip until December. Our two passes were upgraded to PAP in October and the difference was refunded to our credit card. The CM also created a file to explain that this should be done again in December with the three remaining passes. She then gave me a reference number to show the CM when we came back in December. The next CM read the file and did the same. They were great!

Awesome! Hopefully I can find similar results if they offer the deal after I purchase my tickets next week!
Thanks for sharing your experiences!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter