Turning 50 at WDW in Nov 2013...how to spend that day?

A drink, snack or meal at 50's PrimeTime

50 character signatures in an autograph book is doable, with photos of course.

50 drinks around the world, resorts and parks. Not alcoholic necessarily, but different. You could practically do that at Epcot of course, if you do drink alcohol, just not all at once LOL.

hmm:scratchin,
Done 50's Prime Time enough that it's time for other places..
Don't do character autographs
Do drink...... but dang.... 50? That's, like, a year's worth at this point in my life! It's more like 50 trips to the washrooms!

We spent my DH's 50th at Disneyland the year before last. We were in the park the day before and he picked a silly birthday hat and we had it personalized. I also brought him a funny 50 t-shirt to wear. On the morning of his birthday, our party of 8 went to a character breakfast in the park. The characters loved his silly hat and he got lots of attention. After that, we rode everything he wanted, and hopped over to California Adventure to hit the rides there. It started raining pretty hard, so the parks cleared out quite a bit. DH, my brother, and our two teenaged boys shut down the park with 6 consecutive rides on Splash Mountain. The CM's kept letting them stay on since no one was in line. They came back to the hotel soaked but very happy.

On your birthday, be sure to do your favorite things and take lots of photos. A funny hat or birthday button will get you lots of birthday greetings from CMs and guests. Have fun!:)

yeah, I'm waivering between being mum about the birthday & going for it@

I'll have my mother there for her 59th in January. I've been kicking around ideas and my main goal is for her to have a nice, relaxing day with dinner at California Grill or Narcoossee's. I've also thought about having a custom cake made for her. I did that for my dad last year and it was a great experience!

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll be wonderful. You'll be in Disney! :)

Thank you!

We are running the W&D Half and staying at POFQ the same time you are there. We arrive 8 Nov and depart 14 Nov. Would have stayed until 16 Nov but I'm in a wedding on the 16th. Haha.

As for dinner and such.. Depends on the food that you like. We like the Biergarten and Rose & Crown Pub a lot. We haven't eaten at La Hacienda yet. Sounds like you have a plan though. We have done Rose & Crown at 8 pm and watched Illuminations from the outdoor patio there. It was nice.

Rose & Crown and La Hacienda are places that I just haven't made it too, so between this and the next trip for sure!

Yes, being a member of a wedding sort of puts an expectation that you will be in attendance! (not your own wedding, is it? lol, :rolleyes1)

Ooh! Just realized POFQ is the home of Beignets!... oh dear.

I'd be soooooo happy to be anywhere in WDW on 15th November...it's my 50th too!!!

I think I'd like to do something really memorable, so I'd go for the 4 Parks in 1 Day challenge, doing 2 fave rides in each park, and having something to eat and drink in each park.

Hope you have a fantastic day whatever you decide on.
Thank you! I'll have a drink on your behalf that day!

If I were you ... to celebrate my birthday in WDW ... I would first get a massage, possibly at the spa in the Dolphin. Then later, I would have a really good meal in a special place, not counter service.

Really good meal in a special place is definitely one of the things to happen!

I will also be spending my 50th at WDW on Oct 1st. My husband and I are doing Animal Kingdom with Yak and Yeti for lunch and then Narcoossee's for dinner. Can't wait! :cheer2:

Mmm! Those 2 are on my list, Yak & Yeti maybe this trip! (realizing my ADR window was already open is what started this whole thought process!)

I celebrated my 50th birthday last November at WDW. On the big day, I did the Richard Petty driving experience :drive: (almost wet myself!), followed by a massage and facial and ended with MVMCP. It was absolutely a perfect day. DH took me to Yachtsman Steakhouse the following night. I would try to do as many of your favorite WDW things in one day as possible. Happy early birthday!

Lol! that would be a special Richard Petty driving experience! :laundy:
That's a thought: do something I'd never think I'd do....... I'm really nervous about heights (I would have to have someone actually lift my legs one at a time to get up onto my roof... and getting down: that's not pretty..).... could I...would I be able to manage the DTD hot air balloon thing (see, it's so far off my radar, I don't even know what it's called...).... it might be doable after those 50 drinks Sharadoc mentioned!

Celebrating the Big 5-0 at Magic Kingdom October 11! My first visit wasn't until I was in my 30's and every trip has been with my kids. I'm celebrating by being the big kid this trip with no kids. Have fun and Happy 50th Birthday!!!

Whee!!!! And what plans are you making, especially just because it's the 5-0?

I'm celebrating my 50th there this summer with DH and DH - can't make it on the day, but going a couple of weeks later. A very quick trip - we'll fly in Friday am, spend the day at BCV, and dinner at Flying Fish.

On Saturday: four parks, one day.

Start with EMH at Hollywood Studios, ride TSMM and Star Tours, let the boys do RNRC. Then off to Animal Kingdom, where I finally want to see the Finding Nemo show, and we'll grab some lunch. Next, Magic Kingdom for a bit of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, a ride on "Pirates," let the boys do Space Mountain, and an early dinner at BOG where I hope to enjoy the Grey Stuff. We'll end at Epcot, where I'd ride Soarin' in my wildest dreams, but if that's not possible, we'll hop on whatever looks open, then do Illuminations and stroll (or crawl) back to BCV.

...and then an early flight home on Sunday. Pretty ambitious for an old broad, but I can't wait!

Happy birthday, fellow 50s!

Thanks! You've got a full day planned!

1963 was a VERY good year - I won't be there on the actual day but plan to celebrate there!

Wow! There's a lot of us turning 29 this year! And November is a prolific month as well!

I'll be there soon for my 49th birthday. Having dinner at Sanaa and BOG and then my actual birthday will be spent at Epcot trying different treats from around the world. Plus my daughter has a surprise planned for on my birthday at Epcot that she won't tell me about.
Have fun and have a great birthday.

I will be celebrating my 50th - a little late I'm a September girl - but figure its close enough! during our 13 day trip 11/23 - 12/6 with my DD and a bunch of friends from the DIS! can't wait to see WDW all decked out! my treat is having dinner at BOG for the first time (doing lunch too) MVMCP, and Candlelight Processional lunch at Rose and Crown! just getting to be in WDW during the holidays has been a long time dream and so happy to have it coming true and sharing it with my girl and friends :goodvibes

I'll be turning 50 in WDW in October. I thought since we were planning a trip there with our two kids I'd plan it to be over my birthday and it would be a fun way to celebrate. I kind of just want to turn 50 while forgetting about reality, so this is a good way, it will be as we're being immersed in WDW.

It should work pretty well. We arrive on a Saturday afternoon so we have an afternoon at the resort. Then Sunday is my birthday, so we have the first half of the day at MK, then back to POFQ for a rest, then to DTD where we have a dinner ADR at Raglan Road. There are probably more "upscale" places to go, but Raglan Road gets good word of mouth, and I just thought it would be fun and relatively easy and I like pub food and so does my family. I don't think I'll ever look back and say "I wish I hadn't gone to an Irish pub on my 50th birthday."

Wow! There's a lot of us turning 29 this year! And November is a prolific month as well!

Makes you wonder what happened in February of '63...

We're going to be at POFQ during your birthday as well - coming down on the 13th. A Hacienda reservation with a view of the lagoon for Illuminations would be great, really.

Ok if it was me doing a solo (actually have this planned for Oct 30th but not a Birthday)
1. See as many Resorts as possible, (pass on the values)maybe a drink at each one lol
2. Dinner at Kouzzina
3. Climb the Swiss Family Tree House (nobody ever wants to do it with me so this would be the time)
4. Catch a parade!

Have a great Birthday!!

Oh, I'm so excited for you! I have to share that I celebrated my 50th there riding Space Mountain, eating at Crystal Palace with Tigger and my 60th riding Expedition Everest...we got the whole car to make "little bunny foo foo fingers" on the picture...and our wonderful Mayor sang to me in the "old" (and much more wonderful than Starbucks) bakery.

Do your favorite things and remember them forever! I wish you much, much happiness and pixie dust!

My wonderful significant other was kind enough to buy me the Castle necklace for my 50th and I confess that I smile whenever I wear it. It makes me feel special all over again.

PS...am planning for the 70th already!!!!

Woo Hoo! Lots of replies and great stories too!
I had forgotten about this post (I've been AWOL from the Dis, too much other stuff on my plate to do more than do a quick specific purpose Disboards search!), but time is getting close!!!

No longer a Solo Trip, sis is coming with me!

I'm putting lightweight foldable Numerals on my bring-with list!
Haven't decided what I will take the pictures of, but if you see someone with numerals at a ride/with food/with a drink/ outside a bathroom, it'll prob be me, so be photobomber & let me know in this thread later that you did so! (or, be radical, and say hi!)

50 pictures:

-- Would you all suggest starting with 1 and working my way up, or vica versa?
-- I'm kinda thinking 1 and upwards, with the 50th on the 15th! I could go up to 49 before that, and all day on my birthday, use the 50 & then a 50+
!

This would be cool! Now I have to figure the best way to do the numerals (they have to be big enough to stand out on a photo, stiff enough not to flop over, yet easy enough to carry!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter