Turning 28 at DLR! A 6/12 solo/Dismeet PTR! -- On hold until 2012; 3/14

:hug:
I don't think that there is a way to teach a person to be detached and not care. And I think that it is a show of your humanity and compassion that you care. I hope you get your new job. I will say a little prayer for you.

One of my nurses told me that they do go over it in nursing school... But they don't in CNA classes. So I don't know how to detach myself. I didn't get the job I applied for today, but that's okay. I'm still looking.

Well I'll be bummed if you can't make it out here, becuase I was looking forward to meeting you and hanging out. But I will understand. :hug: I can see where that would be a tough job, and with the economy as it is, better to have a job than not.

Keep us posted!

Well, as of right now, let's just say that it's still on hold. I might be able to go, but I don't know. I didn't get the job today, but that's okay, because I didn't really want to do telemarketing anyway. But yeah, I need to get out of this job.

Telemarketing is a horrible job, be glad that you didn't get the job. I think that it is just hard to detach yourself. I know that I was in a rehab hospital/nursing home after a stroke I had and I had roommates that never had family visit or even call them and that just tore me up and I adopted them as my family while they were my roommate. It is a hard thing.

Oh, I know. I'm actually quite glad I didn't get the job. I'm hoping for something else, but I don't know when I'll hear from anything.

I'm sorry to hear you spent time in a rehab facility... That had to be difficult.

Oh, I know. I'm actually quite glad I didn't get the job. I'm hoping for something else, but I don't know when I'll hear from anything.

I'm sorry to hear you spent time in a rehab facility... That had to be difficult.

I felt so helpless when I first got there. I couldn't walk. I received some exemplary care there. The physical therapist and the occupational therapist I had were the best. It is thanks to them I can walk now and that I recovered. It wasn't easy but they were wonderful!!

Yeah, some of my residents feel like that sometimes. When that happens, if there's a medical reason for it, we send them to the hospital, since we're assisted living, not skilled nursing. I'm glad you got good care :)

So, um... I may have to cancel this trip. :duck:

I've been job searching for a while in hopes of changing careers. I've recently come to the conclusion that I'm burning out fast and can't watch another favorite resident die, and no one ever taught me how not to get attached to the people I care for every day. We've had two residents die just in the last week, both men that I really cared about. I don't want to stick around and watch the ones I'm close to pass away, because it's hard enough when it's a resident I'm not close to.

Well, I have a job interview today, in a couple hours. They told me to bring my IDs and be ready to fill out paperwork and do a drug test, so I think I'll be getting a new job today. If I do, I don't think I'll be able to take time off so soon for a trip. I'm going to bring it up at the interview and if they say that's fine, then I'll continue planning. If not, then I'd honestly rather have a job I don't dread going to than a trip to Disneyland :( So, I'll keep you guys posted, but just to give you all a head's up that this PTR may be canceled. I'm hoping I'll still be able to go on my WDW trip, since that's not until December.

I'm :sad1:.

One of my nurses told me that they do go over it in nursing school... But they don't in CNA classes. So I don't know how to detach myself. I didn't get the job I applied for today, but that's okay. I'm still looking.

Well, as of right now, let's just say that it's still on hold. I might be able to go, but I don't know. I didn't get the job today, but that's okay, because I didn't really want to do telemarketing anyway. But yeah, I need to get out of this job.

I don't think any amount of training can ever stop you from being completely detached.

I'm glad you don't want to do telemarketing.

Telemarketing is a horrible job, be glad that you didn't get the job. I think that it is just hard to detach yourself. I know that I was in a rehab hospital/nursing home after a stroke I had and I had roommates that never had family visit or even call them and that just tore me up and I adopted them as my family while they were my roommate. It is a hard thing.

I'm glad you got good care and I hope that you're fully recovered now.

I don't think any amount of training can ever stop you from being completely detached.

I'm sad about it, too, but such is life. At least I'm finding out now that I'm not good at it than after going through nursing school, you know?

I have another interview on Monday for a position at a hospital. They're also looking for CNAs, so I might be able to get a position as a CNA as well.

Thank you so much. Do to those wonderful ladies that took care of me I managed to come back 100%. They told my DH that I would most likely never walk again, I left the rehab with a walker, graduated to a cane, then I "lost" the cane and no longer needed it after that. I had miracle workers.

I'm sad about it, too, but such is life. At least I'm finding out now that I'm not good at it than after going through nursing school, you know?

I have another interview on Monday for a position at a hospital. They're also looking for CNAs, so I might be able to get a position as a CNA as well.

I hope you get the hospital job.

So I never heard from the hospital, but I had another interview on Thursday at a Starbucks in downtown Chicago and it went well, so I might be getting that. Hopefully.

However, I went to my eye doctor today for an exam and to get new contacts and even with my insurance, I have to pay about $270. I still owe them $230 because I only had $40. So between that and trying to change jobs and having a doctor appointment in three hours, not to mention other bills and not having paid anything yet for this trip, I've decided to put it on hold until my 28th birthday, in 2012. So that should be better, too, because then I can afford a better vacation and not be worried about budgeting as much.

So, yeah, this trip is on hold until June 2012, for my 28th birthday.

So I never heard from the hospital, but I had another interview on Thursday at a Starbucks in downtown Chicago and it went well, so I might be getting that. Hopefully.

However, I went to my eye doctor today for an exam and to get new contacts and even with my insurance, I have to pay about $270. I still owe them $230 because I only had $40. So between that and trying to change jobs and having a doctor appointment in three hours, not to mention other bills and not having paid anything yet for this trip, I've decided to put it on hold until my 28th birthday, in 2012. So that should be better, too, because then I can afford a better vacation and not be worried about budgeting as much.

Sorry to hear you had to change your plans, but it's probably the right choice. That's crazy that your insurance doesn't cover more, but I think eye insurance is in general a little lacking... I will cross my fingers for you and your job search!! A friend of mine worked at Starbucks for a while when she was living in Hawaii and she really enjoyed it. Plus I have heard their benefits are good.

Oh I am sorry to hear that. But, you know that in 2012 it will be a major bang up party!!

Sorry to hear you had to change your plans, but it's probably the right choice. That's crazy that your insurance doesn't cover more, but I think eye insurance is in general a little lacking... I will cross my fingers for you and your job search!! A friend of mine worked at Starbucks for a while when she was living in Hawaii and she really enjoyed it. Plus I have heard their benefits are good.

I already posted on the Boo to Us thread about my experience with the doctor today, which was frustrating. Depending on what happens with my lungs, I might have to postpone the December trip, too, but I hope not. I really hope this is just an infection or something. The Starbucks I interviewed at was a licensed store, so the benefits would be from the host company, which was a hotel, not a corporate Starbucks.

Oh I am sorry to hear that. But, you know that in 2012 it will be a major bang up party!!

Oh yes, it will :teeth:

Sorry you had to cancel your trip! Something to look forward to in 2012 is the whole round of construction should be done or close to done and you will get to see all that new stuff too!

Hope you'll keep this thread active until then.

princess::upsidedow

Well let me know as your thoughts develop. We should have a boatload of points since I'll be canceling two of the four nights, and banking those points into next year. With no F&W, I don't have a lot of reasons to stay out there. :confused3:

Well let me know as your thoughts develop. We should have a boatload of points since I'll be canceling two of the four nights, and banking those points into next year. With no F&W, I don't have a lot of reasons to stay out there. :confused3:

Well, as of right now, it's a firm plan :lmao: I'm looking at June 1-5, 2012, since that's a Friday-Tuesday stretch. But yeah, I'll keep you posted as things develop :)

So sorry to hear you had to cancel your plans. However you are right in thinking it's better to get settled financially first so you can truly enjoy your celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter