Turndown service at deluxe resorts?

WDW Princess 71

DIS Veteran
Is turndown service available upon request at the deluxe resorts and if so, how is it requested? Or is this only offered to concierge level?

No, we have requested and received it in outer buildings at the GF. I called Housekeeping and asked about it. I will say, tho, that sometimes it comes at a time earlier than what you might want.

I agree with the previous poster. You need to call Housekeeping to request turndown service. You might have to call everyday.

I'm pretty sure that the maids start the service around 4pm.

I had it nightly at the Grand Floridian, without asking, and I was not club level.

I had it nightly at the Grand Floridian, without asking, and I was not club level.
Silly question...we are staying there for the first time later this month. I will obviously leave a tip each morning for housekeeping, but are we also suppose to tip for turndown service?

What is turn down service exactly? We declined it and just took the chocolates when we stayed at the Beach Club.

Is turndown service available upon request at the deluxe resorts and if so, how is it requested?
. . . it is fee-free and tip-free, and is included in the room rate
. . . if maid manpower is available, it is automatic
. . . if there are not enough maids, you must request it

Or is this only offered to concierge level?
. . . Club Level (NOT Concierge Level *) turndown is automatic
. . . they get first preference for the maids on-the-clock

* Disney changed the term to "Club Floor" four years ago. Disney DOES NOT
offer "Concierge Floor" service at ANY resort. If you do want Concierge Floor
service, try the Waldorf, where the Concierge Floor has except service.

Silly question...we are staying there for the first time later this month. I will obviously leave a tip each morning for housekeeping, but are we also suppose to tip for turndown service?

We have stayed at GF for four years now. Always had turndown. Tipped first night. Talked to them and such and then again the last day. Always excellent

I left $2 a night for turndown.

Depending on how long we've been out of the room during prime turn-down service time (5:00 - 9:00 pm), we've always received it (BC, Poly, AKL, YC). If we've been in the room, we've been offered towels, shampoo, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter