• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turn-Down Service

I'm staying at ASMo...I'll be inquiring about this!

As a mom of 5 I would LOVE to have this done. Yes I can do this myself, but truth is on a daily basis I provide turn down service here at home to 6 beds! While on vacation, it will be nice to have that done!

I don't teach my kids that one job is better than the other. I'm in the process of teaching my 12 year old son that even a McDonalds job is a honest way of making a living. I bet the mousekeepers take pride and get joy of putting a smile on vacationers faces. I find the beauty in everything and everyone, and THAT'S what teach my chiildren.

Hope everyone has a great vacation!

(Edited to remove reply to Funnthesun! No hard feelings here either!)

I'm staying at ASMo...I'll be inquiring about this!

As a mom of 5 I would LOVE to have this done. Yes I can do this myself, but truth is on a daily basis I provide turn down service here at home to 6 beds! While on vacation, it will be nice to have that done!

This is only offered at the Deluxe resorts.

Upon further research, it appears that it is only offered to concierge guests as well. My mistake.

Upon further research, it appears that it is only offered to concierge guests as well. My mistake.
Anyone can request turn down service at each of the Deluxe Resorts, even if they are not staying on a Club Level floor or building. I do know that the Grand Floridian is the only Deluxe Resort that offers turn down service to all their guests in each room and not just the Club Level guests in Royal Palm and Sugar Loaf.

Oh well. We won't be getting it because we're staying at Motel 6 LOL

As motel 6 as it may be, we will only be there to get dressed and to sleep at night, so I'll be darned if we pay such a high price to sleep somewhere, bathe and get dressed. We'll be too busy making memories for our family to remember forever and for always .....and to us, that's what Vacations are all about :)

(I removed the snarky part of my message here. No hard feelings, funntheson :))

Back to the topic at hand ...
I say, if turn-down service is offered, why not? For many people, atmosphere is everything in a vacation. If you're shelling out extra for a deluxe atmosphere and service, why not get it? I think there are misconceptions about the way cleaning service employees view their jobs. They know they're in housekeeping, and that turndown service is part of the job. It's part of what they get paid for. I doubt they view people who request turndown service as snobs or lazy people.

I have removed my post, so as not to offend anyone else. It was totally directed at one person, but I can see how it was misunderstood.:guilty:

I also did not mean to make anyone feel that they were making a bad choice of resorts. When I think of a motel 6, I think of a clean, no frills room at a decent price. I haven't stayed at one for a while, so I guess they are now considered roach motels?:confused3

From my viewpoint, the value resorts are a great way to enjoy the parks, without going too deep into debt. :banana:

The main reason that I am able to afford the rooms that I have reserved is because the first one is booked entirely on credit card points.:thumbsup2

Please forgive me. :grouphug:

This is a hot thread, but I want to keep my toes out of that lava filled pit! I do have an honest question though.

I usually just toss towels in the tub if I feel I need new ones. Not everyday usually, I don't care (I don't care if you like new ones everyday either, to each their own, please no flames :hippie: ), so apart from the bed thing is turn down service for if you say want new towels mid day or something? I've forgotten to toss them in the tub before, is this part of the service? I stay at deluxes usually, but I've never used this before, or known what it was. I'm fairly certain in my travels some hotels just do this and I've been a recipient, but I don't really notice. Might be more handy at Disney where you actually live at the resort for awhile.

We love turndown service, it's so nice to come back to the room in the evening, have the lights on, music playing or the TV on, fresh towels, ice, everything tidy and your bed all set up. Seriously, what's not to like?

room2.jpg

we are staying at AKL club in dec for the first time and i will be doing this at least one time to try it, why not I am paying for it...also i think jelousy is a worse thing to show your kids than letting someone who gets paid for it turn down your bed...and chances are the kids will not even notice anyway...

i am amazed at the time people have to slam others for their personal decisions. when people get so judgemental, i think it is an indication of "issues" they have within themselves. who cares what decisions people make with their own time and money--is it hurting you? so sad and such a turn-off for these boards....

It's sour grapes I think...

we don't get it so it must be stupid and unnecessary.

I expect turndown at a Deluxe Resort especially for the price I'm paying to stay there! It's a nice touch that just makes me smile :goodvibes when I return in the evenings.

I have those "Mousekeeping" envelopes I found here years ago. I print two out per day, one for Mousekeeping, one for Turndown Mousekeeper. I've found that the trips that I just didn't have the time to prepare for and didn't have the envelopes, we didn't get towel creatures. :headache: When I don't have the envelopes, I just leave one big tip at the end of the week. I think those creatures take time and when you have cash on the pillow, some take the time more than others to make them. I actually asked a mousekeeper at the Poly why I wasn't receiving any and she claimed the one person who knew how to make them was on vacation - sure! :rolleyes:

Happy to hear at the GF you don't have to request it. I thought it was included for all rooms, but then wasn't sure when I started reading this thread.

This is only offered at the Deluxe resorts.

Absolutely NOT TRUE. Its NOT just at the deluxes.

We just returned from POP where we received turn down service two nights, without requesting it.

We were shocked when we received it the first night, and delighted when it happened again later!

I left tips for the 4 of us ($4-5 a day depending on how many singles we had) on the counter every morning, but not in an envelope. We also got towel animals ALMOST every day.

I have NO idea if its standard there - sounds like its not - but regardless how or why it happened, it was very nice.

I posted PRIOR to reading page 2...

Thanks for keeping such a good eye on things ;)

Hahaha, I was so confused. I kept reading your post and looking at the page count I thought it was page one and I'd gone crazy. I get it now though ;).

Can you request the turn down service for DVC rooms? This would be awsome for my wedding night.

we stayed for 9 nights at por. I don't know if it was just because it was the week of Christmas or not, but every night when we went back to the room, either we had turndown service (no chocolates) wiith the blankets turned down and stuffed animals arranged all cute...or there were new towel animals joining the others on the heater. I must say, the girls used to race back to the room every night to see what was new. It made it for such a wonderful end to a long day. I do also tip every day, but we do it a little differently. I go and buy plastic cups from the dollar store, fill them with candy, chocolate, an ornament, candy canes and 5.00 for each day. On our last day, mousekeeping came to thank us, saying how much they appreciated it. I plan on doing it again this july, but this time I have to find things that are not chocolate...worried about the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter