• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turn-Down Service

sarah_n_brian2006

<font color=deeppink>No questions asked and they w
Can anyone explain this to me? What hotels participate, price, inclusions?

Thank You

Turn down service is available in the deluxes. It is automatic if you stay on the concierge level. I requested it last year when we stayed in a standard room at YC. They turned down the beds, left chocolates, rearranged the kids' stuffed animals, and replaced the used towels. There is no additional charge, but I always leave a tip of about $3 ($5 for the morning housekeeper).

Turn down service is honestly the one thing we miss when we stay DVC. Like the PP said, it's automatic if you stay concierge, but you have to request if you're not club level. It's not additional charge, though. We came back to our room to this when we stayed AKL concierge once:

turndown.jpg

the is really a servive that someone comes in your room and turns down your bed?In what way do they do it better in you can do it your self.? They put a piece of candy on your pillow? I am really cerious why someone cant turn down their own bed ? I guess I am missing something

We take our showers in the late afternoon, after pool time and before we go to dinner. I request turndown service mostly so that the dirty towels are removed and are replaced with fresh ones for the morning. I don't care about the chocolates or the bed being turned down, but those come with the service.

Ok to each it's own..I have no promblem picking up after myself especially "my" wet towles..I guess thats why I will be staying at the Value resort I nor my children dont need nor expect maid service.But thanks for the input if I ever need someone to pick up my wet towles after me I will stay in a "delux" hotel.:rotfl2:

Well it is a nice touch, we maybe will get once during our stay but we do club level. After one time we do request no turn down services. After 37 yrs we deserved being pampered.:goodvibes But each to their own.

In Europe even the cheaper hotels do this for their guests at least the ones I stayed at. And the hotel that my DH stayed at in Kenya did the same :goodvibes

I might add also we are not messy & pick up after ourselves as well. <smiles>

It's a nice touch. We did it on our anniversary just for something a little special. Other than that, I didn't bother b/c we keep weird hours.

I LOVE turn-down service, and, we parents deserve it! If you haven't tried it before, make sure you request it. You are on vacation, and this service is your little treat for the hundreds of loads of laundry, thousands of hours of housework, meal preparation, chauffeuring, doctoring, (I could go on and on) that you do day-in and day-out every year.

When I am on vacation, I take the "vacating" part seriously. I don't do anything that I consider to be a chore, and that includes picking up wet towels and turning-down beds.

Okay, I am getting off of my soap-box now. But seriously, turn-down service is one of the rare "freebies" at WDW, so why not? :yay:

We had this service last year at the Coronado Springs. We did not request it; I think it was just something they did because it had been noted that we were celebrating my 50th birthday. It was a nice little touch, but not something I would request.

Ok to each it's own..I have no promblem picking up after myself especially "my" wet towles..I guess thats why I will be staying at the Value resort I nor my children dont need nor expect maid service.But thanks for the input if I ever need someone to pick up my wet towles after me I will stay in a "delux" hotel.:rotfl2:

You appear to have misunderstood the difference between "picking up wet towels" and "getting fresh clean towels."

You also appear not to understand the amenities which distinguish a value resort from a deluxe one (of which turn down service is a minor one). If you don't want to pay (or are unable to afford) the cost for those additional amenities, I can understand why the concept of turn down service would be so funny to you.

You appear to have misunderstood the difference between "picking up wet towels" and "getting fresh clean towels."

You also appear not to understand the amenities which distinguish a value resort from a deluxe one (of which turn down service is a minor one). If you don't want to pay (or are unable to afford) the cost for those additional amenities, I can understand why the concept of turn down service would be so funny to you.

I can afford pleanty but I will not teach my children to have others who make 6 dollars or what ever the wage is out there which I am sure it's not 30 dollars and hour to pick up after me or her..to me it's degrading to expect other hard working people to pick up after me like I am Jennifer Lopez no matter where I am I pick up after myself..I feel it's funny people actually expect others to pick up after them in which it is discribed here I have passed this to many of my friend who also find it funny as well.I feel real sorry for people who have to do this kind of work in the first place but to actually have to pull my bed covers down for me..my god..I am going to time myself tonight to see how long this chore takes me..

I go on vacation to take my daughter to places she has not been befor not to have others pick up after me..I have my own oppion just like everyone else.I feel I would never want people to treat me like I am nothing more then a maid.

I can afford pleanty but I will not teach my children to have others who make 6 dollars or what ever the wage is out there which I am sure it's not 30 dollars and hour to pick up after me or her..to me it's degrading to expect other hard working people to pick up after me like I am Jennifer Lopez no matter where I am I pick up after myself..I feel it's funny people actually expect others to pick up after them in which it is discribed here I have passed this to many of my friend who also find it funny as well.I feel real sorry for people who have to do this kind of work in the first place but to actually have to pull my bed covers down for me..my god..I am going to time myself tonight to see how long this chore takes me..

I go on vacation to take my daughter to places she has not been befor not to have others pick up after me..I have my own oppion just like everyone else.I feel I would never want people to treat me like I am nothing more then a maid.
While I understand your point, it is not an issue for housekeeping to do this. It is their job..it is what they are paid to do. In all truth, housekeeping at WDW is not considered, by Disney, to be a tipped position. But, most of us still tip our 'mousekeepers'. For those that use their towels midday, after the regular housekeeping has been done, it's nice to have some fresh towels. Do you not avail yourself of normal, every day housekeeping when at a hotel or a resort? You say that you 'would never want people to treat you like you are nothing more than a maid'...but that'e exactly what your housekeeper is. And believe me...they don't mind getting a nice $3-5 tip for just turning back the blankets and putting out fresh towels. Being a 'maid' is an honorable job...if it is well done, with pride, there is no shame in being a 'maid' or a 'housekeeper'.

I actually had turn down service at POP in January..yes, POP. My dd and I returned to our room, after a day in the parks. I walked into the room and almost had a heart attack....the light was on, music was softly playing, the beds had been turned down and there were chocolates on each pillow!! There was a framed certificate telling me that we had been chosen by housekeeping as the POP family of the day!!! Who knew??!!!

You are far more arrogant than the people you are complaining about.

Get over yourself.

I love turn down service, I think it is very nice to come back after a long long day in the parks to a dimly lit room where the bed has been turned down and with chocolate lying there on the pillow. :goodvibes

Turn down service is the norm on cruises regardless of your level of cabin and at most deluxe hotels. It's a nice touch for the guests, that little something extra you don't get at home. I don't see how it would be degrading to the housekeeping staff no more than any of their other routine duties. Tips are greatly appreciated by all persons working in service oriented jobs.

Everytime we go to WDW I forget about that!! This time we are staying at a deluxe (again) so maybe I won't forget to have this done. It sounds really neat and I wouldn't mind trying it!! I like the idea of chocolate when we come back to the room at night!!! Mmmmmmm!! Thanks for reminding me of this!!

It would be a great way to end the busy day with turn down service..I guess I never thought about it...

I have to say that I love turn down service. I never did request it but will from now on after our cruise. It is so nice to come back from dinner with the light dimmed, your bed turned down and fresh towels. The kids love the towel animals and chocolates.

I am not asking for anyone to pick up after me or be my maid. Disney included this in the Deluxe price so this is what their employees are getting paid for.

It would really be nice to have turn down service take care of the sofa bed for us next time around... esp. after struggling with the AKV sofa bed last stay :rotfl: I've never used this service, but after a long day in airports and walking the parks it would be nice.

... OK... who came up with the idea that chocolate at bedtime was a good thing? :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter