• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turn Around and See What Happens -- It's Whoopi Time and that's a wrap 3/31; F&G add

I recommend the Potato Wrapped Red Snapper from Flying Fish. We had the combo of that with with steak. The steak was disappointing, in comparison to other steaks on property. But the red snapper was really yummy. The menu is seasonal, so sometimes they change appetizers and such. There was a really good salad also with ingredients all from the Land. It had pears, gorgonzola, and candied walnuts. Very good.

That's such a beautiful bag! D's originals are great.

I was underwhelmed with Test Track too. For me, it's still the same. I wasn't the biggest fan of Test Track to begin with, so I'm still like "meh...whatever". LOL

Those girls are sure growing up! It looks like a lovely afternoon in Epcot!

I had seen them just six months before and couldn't believe how fast they had grown in just those six months.

Hope you guys are surviving the nasty weather. I just rode out the storm in Philly Thursday...glad to be back in the mountains and my 60 degree weather. :)

Jill in CO

I'm glad you were able to ride it out (you'll remember Mark had problems getting to Philly). They are predicting 6 more inches possibly tomorrow and then a warm up to almost 50.

Hi Kathy! Cute bag! Maybe you can let Mark borrow it a time or two. :rotfl:

I'm sure I could have him hold it for me once or twice. :laughing:

How did the girls like the new TT compared to the old one?

They didn't really say now that I think about it.

Love the photopass pics! Pluto is just to cuddly and fun!

Isn't he? I have a picture of Andy on his first visit and it continues to be a favorite of mine. :)

Love the bag Kathy! Maybe Mark can pretend he's carrying it for you? ;)

Or holding it while I tie my "tieless" shoes. ;)

Such pretty girls, I love the Aurora shots. The Pluto pics are great too, he's always a good time :thumbsup2

Thanks; Aurora was very sweet.

Love your bag. Mark would definitely lose his man card for carrying that. :rotfl2:

Yes he would.

Cayley got shy? Say its not so! I'm so glad you posed with her because you got some adorable pictures.

I couldn't believe it; I've never seen Cayley shy in the years I've known her. I was happy to oblige her.

Also love the pictures from TT. Everyone looks like they are having a blast!

We had a good time.

Look at that sweet expression!
That's a 'Disney magic' face, in my opinion. princess:

I had to take another look at it, but you are so right, Caren...it really is.

Wow, love your new bag!

Thanks; I am so happy with it.

I think I'm the only person who actually likes the test track refurb haha, I like your car designs.

I wasn't a fan of the ride overall in the beginning, but this just didn't improve it in my opinion.

I can understand getting shy in front of a princess. Adorable pictures with Aurora! Also love the ones with Pluto :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

But Cayley has NEVER been shy with the princesses (Tigger, yes, but never a Princess). But I was happy to go with her.

Oh my that bag is just perfect. I need to find D's Facebook page and stalk it !!

Isn't it? I could not be happier with how it turned out.

We love the new test track - I think it's a big improvement but I know that most prefer the original

I didn't really care for the original either. i'm just not a "car" person I guess.

First - Thank you Kathy! I was super happy to create something fun and unique for you, and I am very happy that you like it... I hope it adds some magic to your upcoming trips! :) And - I do hope that Mark offers to "hold your bag" occasionally. :thumbsup2

I was totally blown away by it. Thank you, D. :hug:

I just loved this update! The girls are sure growing fast... And I have to mention that I love their outfits... They are just so perfectly Disney and they look super comfy! ::yes:: When my girls were little - I dressed them matching/coordinating every day... I loved doing it, so when I see others dressed like this, it just melts my heart. I' give anything to have those days back to just to will them to grow slower.

I wish they would stop growing so fast (I'm sure their mom and dad do too). They have the cutest clothes.

I especially loved the picture of Cayley with Aurora... YOu can see the glimmer of magic in her facial expression. So perfect!

It truly is.

Thanks for the great updates... I hope Mark is doing better... I am sure he is dying to get out of that sling by now!

D~

Mark is doing well; he was in town this weekend, but we didn't see him. He was recruiting and went right home from there

That bag is very cute. I would carry it and I only carry backpacks.

I can't wait to try it out

I'm with you not a fan of the new TT. I liked being a crash dummy. The man in the car with you :rotfl2: The look on his face is priceless.

It is, isn't it? I love looking at other people's expressions on rides.

Love the photopass pics. I hate the new digital download of them. I can't get Flickr to upload mine and Photobucket uploads but won't let me access the info to share. I purchased the CD but by the time I submitted the pictures the download was all I could get and I called customer service to complain.

I've heard nothing about the digital download? Exactly what is it that you do now? Do you have to purchase the CD ahead of tie?

Love the pics with Aurora.

Thank you. :)

It's so fun to read your TR - you can see the Disney love and magic all over the place!

Awww...thanks Sheree.

My kids often look over my shoulder and they get excited to see Cayley and Avery since we had the pleasure of meeting them in October 2012. They say, "Hey, I remember them!"

That is so nice that your girls remember Cayley and Avery.

I had to laugh when you said Cayley was shy! That must have been the one and only time that ever happened! Such cute fun girls!
I love world showcase!!!

I have to agree with you. I have never seen Cayley shy; not sure what got into her that morning. I love World Showcase too.

How did I miss your TR? At least I'm caught up now!

:wave2::wave2: I'm happy to see you again. Thanks for joining.

oh, so you're the proud owner of that bag.....I LOVE IT!!!!!! D~ does such a great job :lovestruc

Yes, I am the proud and lucky owner of the Dumbo bag. D does an awesome job!

cute pics with the princess.....I really hope that my girls don't develop shyness when we get there :goodvibes

I'm sure your girls will be fine; the princesses really make it easy with the kids.

hope you are doing well. (and I hope your weather gets better soon, although it looks like it might be a bit yet....:confused3)

Lord, I hope our weather gets better really soon. I am so over this winter.

Lucky you, I saw that bag on Facebook and love it! I have 2 D~ originals and just LOVE them! you will get tons of comments when you use them in the world! I'm glad I got them early, I have been trying to get on her waiting list again but haven't been fast enough.

I am so happy to finally have my own D original. I look forward to telling me where I got it.

The bag is super cute!

Thanks, Ann.

I like the new TT, but I know so many people really don't. My son in law actually had a bit of a pouty moment when he rode...cause it no longer is a "test track" :rotfl:

Just not a fan; but glad you like it. :) Josh pouting...hard to believe. ;)

Great princess pics!!!

Thank you.

Oh my gosh that bag is WAY too cute!!! I read her TR and was just so in love with everything she had made for her daughters! What a couple of lucky girls!

Yes they are; she is fabulous with everything she makes.

Such a cute Princess photo !!! kinda liked the designing the car on TT but I didn't like t speed demon ending at alll!!!

Thanks, Rosie. See, I only like the speed ending...best part of the whole thing.

I love that bag! So cute. One of these days I will get on her FB and try to request one. Another wonderful update.

Thank you; I hope everyone who wants one is fortunate enough to get one some day.

Kathy I saw your bag on Facebook - awesome! Dee does great work!

Yes, she does. I am so in love with it.

Cayley and Avery look so cute in their matching red tops.

Don't they? They are so cute!

I laughed with you at Mark falling in the bushes. Poor guy. Glad he came out of it no worse for the wear.

It really was impossible not to laugh.

They are ending the parade at AK?? we will be there at the end of June, I hope we will get one more chance at it. Is this because of the park changes for Avatar land??

Yes, because of the new Avatarland. I'm not happy about it at all and could care less about Avatar.

Your photos with Pluto are great - love them!!!

Thanks.

Hope that Mark is recuperating from his surgery well. Poor guy I've heard that this is not an easy recuperation period. Good that he has Alisha to help him..

He's got a long road ahead of him, btu he is feeling a lot less pain. He should be starting therapy a week from tomorrow.

sorry for the randomness of my post. I was trying to remember everything I wanted to comment on. I am just too tired tonight!

No worries at all.

What an adorable D~ original bag! It is so cute.

Thanks, Brenda. I LOVE the Dumbo face.

This is a great photo!! Looks like Mark is enjoying the ride. Michael saw these photos and asked what it was. I forgot that TT was closed down in August 2012 when he was there last. This is on his must do list.

We will have to do that one together...the boys can "build their cars" together.

This is a great photo too... Cayley is adorable.

Yes, she is.

Great update! :)

Thank you.

Following along :cheer2:

:welcome: and thank you for joining.

That bag is so cute. What is the Facebook page?

Thanks; I really like it I will send you a private message since links often can't be posted here.

I recommend the Potato Wrapped Red Snapper from Flying Fish. We had the combo of that with with steak. The steak was disappointing, in comparison to other steaks on property. But the red snapper was really yummy. The menu is seasonal, so sometimes they change appetizers and such. There was a really good salad also with ingredients all from the Land. It had pears, gorgonzola, and candied walnuts. Very good.

Ooh...Mark would like that snapper (I'm not a snapper fan)...he LOVES snapper. That salad sounds yummy.

That's such a beautiful bag! D's originals are great.

Yes they are and I do love it.

I was underwhelmed with Test Track too. For me, it's still the same. I wasn't the biggest fan of Test Track to begin with, so I'm still like "meh...whatever". LOL

See...we agree on so many things; we must hook up one trip.

After our visit with a princess, we needed someplace cool to go and rest. So we decided to hit the movie in France.

Waiting to be let in:

I have no idea why I took a picture of a closed curtain:

A beret anyone?

It was then time to head to our late lunch/early dinner. Along the way, we saw these fellas:

And pretty flowers:

We arrived at our ADR destination:

The last time Mark and I ate here was with the boys and my mother so we are talking around 20 years ago at least.

We were seated pretty quickly:

Bread (nothing out of this world):

Salad:

Our first visitor, Dale:

Then Chip arrived:

And soon Pluto followed:

Dale came around again and decided to color:

Mary decided to get in on the action:

Then the farmer came around:

I guess I got no pictures of the rest of the food. What did we think? We won't be back. Mark and I were not big fans, but the character interaction could not be beat.

Buddies:

Dessert:

My birthday dessert:

Up next, we head back to World Showcase for a Slush and some other fun

I'm glad the girls watched Impressions de France. It's good for them to see other parts of the world even in that way, even if they never travel, and the music is classic and beautiful. In their coming school years, when they read and study things about France, at least they will have that little bit of connection to it. So many people kind of make fun of all the World showcase movies, but I enjoy them.

Your closed-curtain-for-no-reason-picture was fine. You took it because you were sitting there ready for the show, and you were in Disney World with people you loved, and you were simply happy about being there. I totally related to the 'nothing, yet something' moment. I am glad you included it. :)

We felt the same way about Garden Grill. We had good character experiences for the girls, but the food was nothing memorable. Your birthday dessert looks good.

Jumping back in sweet Kathy!

I'm not sure where I left off. So I'll comment on your most recent updates!

Man, those two little girlies are adorable! Such bright, happy faces.:goodvibes

We've never done the Garden Grill at the Land before. We should because my middle DD loves Dale! But the food never sounds appealing and it looks I was right since you didn't enjoy it too much.

Do you like the Impressions movie in France? DH and I loved it as did my girls but I know some people use it for a power nap time!

Love the Dumbo purse!!!! Definitely make one for Mark lol.

Cute TT pics, though I never can manage to get good ones inside the ride either. I try to take one on the outside track but it turns into a mass of flying hair in every picture because of my girls!

The WS looks so nice all decorated for Christmas! I would love to go sometime just to see it.

How cute that Cayley asked you to go with her to meet Aurora.:goodvibes Very sweet pictures too!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Now I get the meaning behind the TR title!!! Poor Mark. Though I will say I'd have been laughing hard right along with ya! I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured though! I have a friend who tripped over a curb and badly sprained her ankle so Mark was lucky!

What a fun Epcot day.:thumbsup2 And I obviously worked backwards through your updates!

Yes, we were at the new and unimproved (in our opinion) Test Track.
Come on the queue is better. But the ride itself... well, you're right.:lmao:

Everyone...move to Europe immediately. Cayley is at the wheel
It's safe. She still can't reach the pedals. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

While we were in France, we saw Princess Aurora. Avery didn't want to see her and Cayley all of a sudden came became shy. Trust me, Cayley is NOT shy. So she asked me to go with her.
I'm glad you went along with her. :thumbsup2

Dale came around again and decided to color
Dale looks like he was a lot of fun!

I guess I got no pictures of the rest of the food. What did we think? We won't be back.
That settles it. We're getting an ADR there for our next trip.

If you didn't like it, I'm sure we'll love it! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm loving the character pictures at Garden Grill. It's been quite some time since we've eaten there too. I remember that the character interaction was fantastic but the food was just so-so.

I think I'm finally caught up. The story of Mark falling into the bushes had me :rotfl2:

We can just say he took one for the team.

Glad to see the hat pictures are still going strong. All in all, it looks like a fun day at Epcot. Sorry dinner wasn't to your liking.

I have not done the movie in france in a long time! I forgot how nice that theater is.

I have never been to Garden Grill. It has always seemed like something I would not enjoy. Your review kinda confirms that.

Caught back up again. Your afternoon at Epcot looks so enjoyable. Your fist pumping photo (well Mark's fist pump) cracked me up. The guy sitting behind Mark is too funny.
Loved your photopass pix with Pluto. Such a fun dog to hang out with!! :thumbsup2

Your bag is very nice!! DM could outdo Vera any time!!! (at least for us Disney fans) And I agree with another poster that said Mark will just have to "hold onto it" for you for "some" reason! ;)

Was glad to read your review of Garden Grill. I have often thought of having a meal there for the characters. But I think I will stick to Sunshine Seasons and visit with Chip and Dale elsewhere.

I think the character interaction at Garden Grill is really good. And the girls look like they are having a blast.

So did'nt you guys like the food? I enjoyed the food there, but I hate the seating. Everything just feels so tight and small. You can tell this was a restaurant that was designed when people didn't need as much room to spread out. But the whole rotation thing is too cute to change.

The characters look adorable!! but, that's too bad about the food...it always looks yummy in pictures!

Hello!!! I am CAUGHT UP!!!
After yet another CRAZY weekend. (because of Lex and his accident)
I have finally caught up!!!
Aurora was PRETTY!!! the look on Cayley's face is just priceless.. How sweet.

Both Girls look so adorable. as usual. They are really beautiful. i agree with everyone else. their outfits are really cute too!!!

Will be riding the new TT this coming trip. I am excited. The boys will Love making their car. How long does the whole thing take?!?

The picture with either dale or Chip (can't remember) holding the girls heads was funny!!! Looks like a GREAT interaction! always wanted to try this.. But like you haven't read a good review on the food there!!! :confused3

Slushie TIME!!!

The Garden Grill is one restaurant that isn't even on my radar. The food never interested me and I love so many other places in EPCOT.

Taking a picture of a curtain isn't that odd. I once took a picture of my foot because I liked my sock.

The photopass seems to have changed. It's now part of the Magical Experience. You can still pre-order but you don't get the CD. Everything is a digital download. I ordered the CD and couldn't get it. I had to do the download. I have been having trouble with mine. It comes as a ZIP file which I finally got unzipped. Now Flickr doesn't read anything but the authorization so I can print pics. Photobucket lets me upload them but then I can't get the link to work. Not a fan of all these changes at all.

That Dale was a character, literally! :lmao: It looks like fun character interactions at Garden Grill. I've been hesitant to book since I'm not a fish fan and everything else just looks ok, nothing spectacular. Maybe it is a do it once type of place and mark it off the list??

Can those girls get any cuter? The berets may have done that! ::yes::

That was actually a very nice photo of the theater, the curtain just happened to be there too. Seriously though it is a pretty theater.

Loved the Garden Grill pictures... We've had some of the best experiences there. It's on our list for the next trip, I don't think that any of us will want to miss it again. I will admit though, the food on our 2008 trip was better than the food we had on our 2012 trip, not sure if they changed their menu? It seemed to me like they may have?

Looks like a great day!

D~

I'm glad the girls watched Impressions de France. It's good for them to see other parts of the world even in that way, even if they never travel, and the music is classic and beautiful. In their coming school years, when they read and study things about France, at least they will have that little bit of connection to it. So many people kind of make fun of all the World showcase movies, but I enjoy them.

Caren, we had also gone during the girls trip in June. The girls really enjoyed it. In fact, they yelled at me because I was trying to take a catnap during the movie; they kept telling me to open my eyes. I enjoy the film as well (it was just really hot that day and I needed to rest my eyes). France is one place I would like to visit if I ever decided to travel outside of the US.

Your closed-curtain-for-no-reason-picture was fine. You took it because you were sitting there ready for the show, and you were in Disney World with people you loved, and you were simply happy about being there. I totally related to the 'nothing, yet something' moment. I am glad you included it. :)

Thank you, Caren. :)

We felt the same way about Garden Grill. We had good character experiences for the girls, but the food was nothing memorable. Your birthday dessert looks good.

The food wasn't bad (although Mark got sick...he thinks on the kids chicken he was eating), but it was not memorable at all.

Jumping back in sweet Kathy!

Hi, Molly; always good to see you, my friend.

I'm not sure where I left off. So I'll comment on your most recent updates!

No worries there.

Man, those two little girlies are adorable! Such bright, happy faces.:goodvibes

They are; Mary had a picture on her FB yesterday of those sweet girls and it lifted my spirits with our snow.

We've never done the Garden Grill at the Land before. We should because my middle DD loves Dale! But the food never sounds appealing and it looks I was right since you didn't enjoy it too much.

I'm glad we gave it another try, but I don't plan on going back. You can find Dale in all of the parks...stick to that.

Do you like the Impressions movie in France? DH and I loved it as did my girls but I know some people use it for a power nap time!

Yes, I do. It is one of my favorites (even if I did try to sneak in a catnap in June because it was so hot).

Love the Dumbo purse!!!! Definitely make one for Mark lol.

Isnt' it grand? I am SO pleased with it.

Cute TT pics, though I never can manage to get good ones inside the ride either. I try to take one on the outside track but it turns into a mass of flying hair in every picture because of my girls!

I've never tried to take one outside. Probably because Andy threw away the strap for his camera and I'm afraid I'll lose the camera.

The WS looks so nice all decorated for Christmas! I would love to go sometime just to see it.

It really is pretty; I hope you get a Christmas trip in soon.

How cute that Cayley asked you to go with her to meet Aurora.:goodvibes Very sweet pictures too!

She's such a sweetie.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Now I get the meaning behind the TR title!!! Poor Mark. Though I will say I'd have been laughing hard right along with ya! I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured though! I have a friend who tripped over a curb and badly sprained her ankle so Mark was lucky!

Seriously, the man is 61...he can't always be that silly. :rotfl2::rotfl2: Mark was very lucky he didn't sprain his ankle, or break his glasses, cut up his face!

What a fun Epcot day.:thumbsup2 And I obviously worked backwards through your updates!

You can work backwards anytime.

Come on the queue is better. But the ride itself... well, you're right.:lmao:

If you are a guy, I suppose it is better; just not my thing. Nope, the ride is NOT good.

It's safe. She still can't reach the pedals. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

You have a point there!

I'm glad you went along with her. :thumbsup2

I can'at turn my girls down (well except in the future on the Hurl ride, and EE, and Rock & Roll).

Dale looks like he was a lot of fun!

He was; Chip was too, but I didn't get a picture when he came back.

That settles it. We're getting an ADR there for our next trip.

If you didn't like it, I'm sure we'll love it! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Well, now you've done it. You've gone and hurt my feelings. :sad1:

I'm loving the character pictures at Garden Grill. It's been quite some time since we've eaten there too. I remember that the character interaction was fantastic but the food was just so-so.

Thanks, Lisa. The characters really were great. And just as you said, the food was so-so. I can cross it off my list (unless on a future trip the girls insist...but they are getting older so I don't think they'll be into the character meals that much by the next trip after this one).

I think I'm finally caught up. The story of Mark falling into the bushes had me :rotfl2:

It had us all laughing. It truly was a sight to behold.

We can just say he took one for the team.

He sure did.

Glad to see the hat pictures are still going strong. All in all, it looks like a fun day at Epcot. Sorry dinner wasn't to your liking.

We can't let the DIS public down.

Well, now you've done it. You've gone and hurt my feelings. :sad1:
Oh, come on now... I'm basing this on the fact that our opinions are typically polar opposite. You like Starbucks, I don't. I like Wilderness Lodge, you don't. Goes to reason, if you don't like Garden Grill, I probably will. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter