• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turn Around and See What Happens -- It's Whoopi Time and that's a wrap 3/31; F&G add

I'm back on the boards after my bout of post-trip depression DIS avoidance syndrome and all caught up on your TR!

I'm glad you enjoyed Yak & Yeti, I feel like we rarely see it featured in people's TRs. We are eating there on our upcoming March trip (we'll be there the same time as you!) and it's good to know you enjoyed it, I'm really looking forward to it. It will be our first AK evening experience!

Looks like a great trip so far, can't wait to read more!

I'm back on the boards after my bout of post-trip depression DIS avoidance syndrome and all caught up on your TR!

I'm glad you enjoyed Yak & Yeti, I feel like we rarely see it featured in people's TRs. We are eating there on our upcoming March trip (we'll be there the same time as you!) and it's good to know you enjoyed it, I'm really looking forward to it. It will be our first AK evening experience!

Looks like a great trip so far, can't wait to read more!

It's so good to see you back...thanks for joining us.

Loved Yak & Yeti and I thnk you will enjoy.

If you see us, please stop us and say hello. We are doing the Magic Kingdom on Wednesday (March 5) and Epcot on March 6 until noon.

Checking in to say....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!! I absolutely LOVED his decorated office!!! Yes, that hat would have fit right in with the decor! :thumbsup2

Not sure how much much follows the Dis, but keep an eye out for my PTR because Quackattack's hubby is silly hat crazy too. To quote him..."I have enough hats to do a three month tour." :rotfl:

Checking in to say....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!! I absolutely LOVED his decorated office!!! Yes, that hat would have fit right in with the decor! :thumbsup2

Not sure how much much follows the Dis, but keep an eye out for my PTR because Quackattack's hubby is silly hat crazy too. To quote him..."I have enough hats to do a three month tour." :rotfl:

:yay::yay::yay: you are here. :)

Yes, he should have worn his hat...had I only known.

I've already signed on to your new PTR and will eagerly follow along. And I will be on look out for Quackattack's DH's hats. :)

Playing catch up. Again. As usual.;)

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's health problems! Praying that he is able to forego the amputation, poor guy.

Loving all the Boardwalk pics, it was decorated so nicely for Christmas.:thumbsup2

The safari is so fun and look, your friendly giraffe stopped by so you could take it's picture! Great shot by the way. Bummer that your driver stunk though!

Yak and Yeti is so richly themed, I love the details! Glad to hear your food was good. That pina colada looks delish! The girls are too cute.:goodvibes Love Mark's tiger hat with Cayley. Such a sweet picture.

The jungle trek is fun but I'm soooo with you regarding the bats! I took one step inside and promptly took myself back OUT in 1.7 seconds! No way would I go in there ever again.

Woo hoo! Another Dismeet! And Rosie clearly still has it, her pole dancing skills are still sharp lol.:lmao:

Ok, your picture on Dinosaur cracked me up! Were you sleeping? Or praying? What a fun pic!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Girl, no WAY would I ever ride Primeval Hurl again either! I don't do well with spinning in circles anyway so I could pretty much predict vomiting for sure.:crazy2:

Love Expedition Everest! Just love it!! Great pic of Mark riding with Avery too.:goodvibes

What nice photopass pictures Kathy! It looks like a great AK day.:thumbsup2

And I already commented on facebook but HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!pixiedust: I hope you spoiled him rotten Kathy.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Great pix and in true Rosie Form I never even gave it a thought about running up to Mark and hugging the Heck outta my Hat Man !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:He auotomatically pointed me in your direction :rotfl2::rotfl2: As for POLE Dancing , How could I not , that would be so UN Rosie Like :rotfl2::rotfl2: At least this trip I didn't sit on Piglet's lap !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: It was so good to finally get to give you all a good HUG!!!

Mark my Hat Man Have a wonderful Birthday and enjoy Florida in March!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Playing catch up. Again. As usual.;)

But at least YOU come to play catch up. ;)

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's health problems! Praying that he is able to forego the amputation, poor guy.

Thanks, Molly.

Loving all the Boardwalk pics, it was decorated so nicely for Christmas.

I've really come to love that area.

The safari is so fun and look, your friendly giraffe stopped by so you could take it's picture! Great shot by the way. Bummer that your driver stunk though!

Wasn't that sweet of my giraffe?

Yak and Yeti is so richly themed, I love the details! Glad to hear your food was good. That pina colada looks delish! The girls are too cute.:goodvibes Love Mark's tiger hat with Cayley. Such a sweet picture.

It really is well themed, as is all of AK in my opinion. My Pina colada was very yummy. And yes those girls are too cute!

The jungle trek is fun but I'm soooo with you regarding the bats! I took one step inside and promptly took myself back OUT in 1.7 seconds! No way would I go in there ever again.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. :)

Woo hoo! Another Dismeet! And Rosie clearly still has it, her pole dancing skills are still sharp lol.:lmao:

Rosie doesn't miss a beat; she really is terrific.

Ok, your picture on Dinosaur cracked me up! Were you sleeping? Or praying? What a fun pic!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes, I was the one who decided to be asleep during the picture.

Girl, no WAY would I ever ride Primeval Hurl again either! I don't do well with spinning in circles anyway so I could pretty much predict vomiting for sure.:crazy2:

Oh trust me...you would be vomiting.

Love Expedition Everest! Just love it!! Great pic of Mark riding with Avery too.:goodvibes

I used to love it; my age has caught up with my youthful spirit.

What nice photopass pictures Kathy! It looks like a great AK day.:thumbsup2

It was really a fun day; I'm glad we will have two days there in May/June as I really love that park.

And I already commented on facebook but HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!pixiedust: I hope you spoiled him rotten Kathy.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Mark was so surprised at all the birthday wishes; it made his day. Andy took us out to a very nice dinner for his dad's birthday last night. I gave him Dunkin' Donuts gift cards (yes, he is NOT a Starbucks person like his wife) and a Disney gift card that I told him was all his own...I could not touch it.

Great pix and in true Rosie Form I never even gave it a thought about running up to Mark and hugging the Heck outta my Hat Man !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:He auotomatically pointed me in your direction :rotfl2::rotfl2: As for POLE Dancing , How could I not , that would be so UN Rosie Like :rotfl2::rotfl2: At least this trip I didn't sit on Piglet's lap !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: It was so good to finally get to give you all a good HUG!!!

Of course you didn't my friend, and I would have expected nothing less. Yes, you were a good girl with no Piglet this trip.

Mark my Hat Man Have a wonderful Birthday and enjoy Florida in March!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thank you, Rosie, from Mark. I told him the story of how one of your people asks to see his hat pictures and he just got the biggest smile on his face.

So after everyone's adventures on EE and the hurl ride and a group photopass picture, Lisa and Megan decided to hang with us a little longer and go to Rafiki's Planet.

Soon we were boarding the

The girls were ready to go:

Some of the areas where the animals go at night:

We were very close to our destination:

The girls found a castmember that had some creature (don't remember what it was) and the adults just walked around and looked in all the windows, etc. No surgery was being performed today.

Hello, Mr. very big frog/toad

Even Rafiki's Planet was decorated for the holidays:

Mark saw this and had to have a picture:

Then it was time for the petting zoo area:

Soon our visit was over and we took the train back. We said our goodbyes to Lisa and Megan because we were staying for the parade and they were not. It was so nice meeting them and we had a wonderful visit.

Continued in next post

We found a spot down a bit from the entrance to Africa (as if you were just coming into the park) and had a seat. I had to run one of the girls to the restroom (I think it was Cayley) just before the parade reached us, but we made it back in time.

While we were waiting, I think Cayley was pretending to be some kind of animal and Avery was enjoying my popcorn.

No point in words...pictures are all that is needed here.

Soon the parade was over. After the masses cleared out, we made our way to the front of the park to exit:

Up next: we drive to AKL to get Mary and the girls in their new resort and special dinner plans for the adults ONLY

We haven't been to Rafikis in a long time. I hate toads as much as you hate bats, although I do dislike bats intensely. Those giant toads really creep me out.

It's been a couple of years since we've ventured over to Rafiki's Planet Watch. It's too bad they weren't performing any surgeries or check-ups while ya'll were there since it's pretty neat to watch them.

Great pictures of the parade! You know that we've never stopped to watch the parade at Animal Kingdom and I have no idea why?

Hello! Apologies for my absence... but I'm trying to get back into the swing around here, so I'm saying hi. I'll go back and do some reading later!

Two more things I need to put on my list to do!

I haven't been out to Rafiki's since 2011. I think we may end up there this time because my DB & SIL want to do everything the missed in 2010 and Rafiki's was one of them.

And as for the AK parade, well I've never seen it at all let alone the Christmas one. That's why there is always a next time, right? ::yes::

It stinks that Mark has to miss out on some rides b/c of his surgeries, but he's making the right decision. My dad had fusion surgery on his spine due to discs and he made the mistake of riding Dinosaur (even though was advised not to :scratchin) and it really set him back for part of the trip.

We've never made it to the AK parade...in fact I don't think we've ever made it a point to watch ANY day time parade, although I think we're usually back at the resort in the mid-afternoon so that might explain that.

We made it to Rafiki's Planet Watch for the first time this year and I really enjoyed it! There was a lot of interesting things to see and I really liked the conservation/veterinary aspect of it.

I think a lot of AK is easy to overlook if you're just focused on the headliners but there's WAY more to do there than initially meets the eye. I also think it's an especially great park for kids...looks like you guys took full advantage of that.

Wow! You are an updating machine!

We have not been to Rafiki's or watched the parade at AK in a long time. Mainly to blame on the hot summers when we visit, but I guess we should figure it in again next year.

LOVE the last photo of you and Mark in front of the tree. pixiedust:

I am one of the ones who neglects so much at AK so I'm loving the pics!!! It's always so hot, so after the safari and dinosaur we are usually done :(

Enjoyed your trip to Rafiki's. We haven't been out there since our first trip with the kids in 2004. :eek:

I love the Jingle Jungle parade. I think this is one of Disney's better afternoon parades.

Checking into AKL!! :love:

Great updates!

We ventured to RPW on our last trip, we didn't spend too much time there, long enough to get V's autograph from Rafiki himself.

Love the AK parade - it's pretty sad that the ONLY time we have ever seen it was while we were in it. LOL We need to make a point of watching it some day.

Looks like you all had a fun day! :)

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter