• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turn Around and See What Happens -- It's Whoopi Time and that's a wrap 3/31; F&G add

What FUN updates!!!
Even better i am CAUGHT UP!! :woohoo:

the girls are SO cute!! love how Mark plays with them all the time.

AWESOME DIS MEET!!! i love how the back ground is a book! you can tell your own story!!
it's just fantastic..

the one picture of the Dumbo ride is picture perfect! love it...

Since today we are in BLIZZARD mode. i hope to catch up on the dis... but i have to call in pretty soon to the Job #2 pray i don't have to go in.. i do not want to drive in this crap...

i won't talk about the bears until next season now... :mad:

I love the Dismeet photos, that looked like so much fun! Reminds me of the huge one we had during F&W and we were all toasting each other with slushies. Wish I was there that night with all you fun people!

The pictures of the Little Mermaid ride make me wish we rode it more last Dec...I forget most of it so the pictures bring back the memories.

The Plaza is one of our favorite meals but we do not make it there that often. Love the fries and the club sandwich is my favorite....stinks about the bad service though, that can ruin any meal.

The girls look like they are having a wonderful time...so are you older folks!

Hi Nikki !!!:goodvibes

Thank you. :goodvibes It was a fun DISmeet and I'm glad I got to meet so many new DISer's. Let him think he went...works for me!

:hug:

Another great update Kathy. It was so busy our MVMCP night we missed SO many rides, I can't wait until summer to get back to MKpixiedust:

And I think I forgot to wish you a Happy New Year :blush:

Great update and pix! Love Mark that he is adding sword fighting to his repertoire. :upsidedow Will we see an Epic dual at HS? If so, was the force was with the girls? :goodvibes

Love the selfie of you and Cayley. And the faces of the girls with their cotton candy. :thumbsup2

How nice that Mark got the Christmas light necklaces for the girls (we got them too :)). But then we know he's a happy (not grumpy) generous guy! :)

Great update and pix! Love Mark that he is adding sword fighting to his repertoire. :upsidedow Will we see an Epic dual at HS? If so, was the force was with the girls? :goodvibes

Love the selfie of you and Cayley. And the faces of the girls with their cotton candy. :thumbsup2

How nice that Mark got the Christmas light necklaces for the girls (we got them too :)). But then we know he's a happy (not grumpy) generous guy! :)

I have my lights put away for next year along with my Hat!!!!:goodvibes

Most definitely!

:goodvibes

I love that new mermaid ride. The details are awesome. And with the two Dumbo it is amazing there are no lines. We walked right on. I am interested to hear your story about wishes and fireworks as we had a terrible incident there. If fact I wrote Disney about it and they called me to see exactly what happened and where we were standing.

I love not having a line for Dumbo anymore...especially since it is Mark's favorite. Oh dear...I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Wishes. We had a good spot with no people in front of us.

I was wondering why I wasn't getting updates and I figured out its was because I forgot to subscribe!!!! Problem rectified now.

Fantastic trip so far.

Jill in CO

I wondered what happened to you. I'm glad you found your way back. And thank you.

You had a nice evening and got on quite a few rides!!

We did, and we had at least one more too.

Love the selfie photo of you and Cayley! You both look so happy to be in that moment.

We were excited to be flying our elephant.

We never seem to have enough time to play in the lines either. :upsidedow

I know; and Mark gets really upset about it. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Very nice.

Thank you. :)

Mark showing us his muscles and a sword fight? How he must keep you entertained! Seriously. :lmao:

Brenda, you have no idea. But I tend to believe you have something similar at your house.

What an adorable selfie with you and Cayley.

Thank you; I love that picture and it is now my desktop photo.

That was very nice of you/Mark to buy the girls the Christmas light necklaces. I saw those around and thought they were so cute.

That was all Mark's doing. I saw him with them and said "I don't want one." He said, "they're not for you...they're for the girls." :rotfl2:

So far you guys are doing great with the rides on party night. :thumbsup2

We did do pretty good on the rides.

I love Mary's "talk to the hand" shot. :rotfl: I know that feeling.

Seriously that woman NEVER lets me take her picture.

I love waking up in the morning and seeing pictures of some of my favorite rides. Looks like you guys had a great evening and got to hit up a lot of the classics. I bet Dumbo at night is really fun!

I love Dumbo at any time, but it just is so special at night.

Did Mark buy that hat? That was a fun one!

Nope; no hats were purchased this trip.

What a wonderful update Kathy!

Thanks, D.

I just love seeing the parks at night, it's my favorite time to be there - they take on this magical quality, and I don't think there is anything better.

I agree; I think it is the most magical time at the parks.

I love that Mark got to ride by himself on Dumbo... Too funny. I just love Dumbo at night too - it's so mesmerizing! I could sit on a bench all night and watch it change colors... If only there wasn't so much else to do and see.

Isn't it neat the way it changes colors?

Bummer your tee shirt wasn't there, maybe next time.

It appears that they are no longer selling it. I may check the disneystore tomorrow since I'm not working.

Looks like you had a great night so far.

D~

We did...thanks.

EPIC DISmeet!

Yes it was...and fun too!

That is all!

Now going to catch up on your last two updates.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: You are too funny.

I enjoyed your party updates. That is great that you didn't have any lines for Pooh, Little Mermaid, Haunted or Dumbo.

Look who is back? ;) I was surprised that we walked on to all of them (I think Pooh may have been five minutes once you get past the play area).

You all look like you are having a fantastic time. The girls are doing great so far after what has been a long day.

We will see how much longer those girls last. :3dglasses

Mark is so fun to watch. He really embraces his inner child. THAT is totally the right way to enjoy time at Disney!

He certainly does; and he just makes Disney all the more fun.

:goodvibes:

Thank you.

Mark needs to make mandatory sword fights his new "thing" if he's getting tired of the hat pictures. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::lmao:

I'm sure some unsuspecting parent would love that. :eek:

Getting in some favorites around Fantasyland! Nice way to enjoy the start of the party! :thumbsup2

It was...and with barely a line.

Wow you guys got a lot done in a short time! I guess everybody at the party was doing the meet and greets.

The meet and greet lines were ridiculous as were some of the bigger rides. I sent a letter to Disney about them "overselling" the parties.

I think the Dumbo t-shirt you were looking for was probably the same one I wanted to get in October. I saw it in March and never went back for it and it was gone in October. :sad1:

I am so bad I didn't get it when we saw it in August. :mad:

First off, I want to say that I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!! I'm sorry that I'm so late in getting that to you.

We did...thank you. And no worries...you've had a lot going on...you're having a baby.

I'm all caught up on your report now, and it looks like you had a wonderful start to your trip!

It was.

- The Boardwalk is such a gorgeous resort, I look forward to reading about the rest of your stay there

It really is; I was quite pleased with it.

- You always get so many great PP pictures, it makes me want to get it for our trips!

We've been very fortunate over the years to get some really great PP photographers.

- I'm sorry that you had a disappointing visit at the Plaza - especially since that is a trip tradition of yours. I hope that it was just a random fluke and doesn't happen again.

We will give it another whirl in September; I really don't want to lose that tradition.

- Wow, that is a mega dismeet!! It is so neat that people can meet online over their shared love of Disney and meet up while on vacation

It really is a lot of fun.

I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Thank you.

Hello! I'm new to your reports and a little bit late to this one but I'm in for the rest!

:welcome::welcome: thanks so much for joining. We are still early...not finished with the first day. I'm happy to have you here.

Catching up!!!!

Hi, Jen.

What a busy and fun day. I love the Dismeet. it looks like so much fun!
To bad service was so bad at the plaza. I have yet to try it and I may see if I can fit it in this year....I really need to start planning. :goodvibes

It was a fun DIS meet...so nice meeting everyone. I'm sure the Plaza will be fine next time. When are you going to Disney?

Awesome updates Kathy! We've never ridden Little Mermaid, Winnie The Pooh, or the new Dumbo....so we definitely enjoyed the pictures!

Alan so much new for you to see. And with any luck, the new Mine ride will be open.

Oh, and love the "talk to the hand" shot of Mary! Lol!~

:rotfl:

Oh she's a hoot. She may avoid this TR for awhile as she's not too happy with me right now (I was rooting against the Packers....sssh).

You really got a lot done ride wise. I think I spent most of my time waiting to see one character. I may even get to the party one day on my TR. Just haven't been in the mood to do updates. Hopefully before my next trip in May.

We did, Lorrie. I wanted to see characters but I couldn't stand the lines. *Spoiler alert* we do see one group.

I see you did an update; I hope things improve for all of you soon.

When in May are you going? Any chance you are there any of the days we are?

I think Christopher will give Mark a run for his money when they have their sword fight. :lmao::lmao:

I have a feeling Christopher will kick Mark's butt!

Love your selfie pic. :lmao::lmao:

Thank you. I can't believe that young urchin said "let's take a selfie."

Wow, you guys managed to get a lot of rides in! I've never been to one of the MK special events - but I sort of forgot that there are still rides on top of all the extras!! :rotfl:

Rides, special parades and fireworks, goodies, and different character greet and meets. They are a lot of fun, but I don't think we'll be doing one again any time soon...at least until they stop overselling them to the point you can't get even a third of what you want to do done.

I love the Dismeet photos, that looked like so much fun! Reminds me of the huge one we had during F&W and we were all toasting each other with slushies. Wish I was there that night with all you fun people!

I wish you had been there too...everyone would have loved meeting you. But we got one day with you and that made us happy.

The pictures of the Little Mermaid ride make me wish we rode it more last Dec...I forget most of it so the pictures bring back the memories.

I'm not sure why we didn't get more than one ride in last December? I think we were so busy with our silly PP pictures and getting everything done that we are lucky we got it in at least once.

The Plaza is one of our favorite meals but we do not make it there that often. Love the fries and the club sandwich is my favorite....stinks about the bad service though, that can ruin any meal.

You know how much it means to us to make that our last meal; we will be back.

The girls look like they are having a wonderful time...so are you older folks!

Us older folks? Seriously? After you tell me we aren't old when I ask you why you and Todd love hanging with us "older folks?" :rotfl2:

Aww! I love the selfie of you and Cayley! How cute is that!? :lovestruc

She is just the biggest sweetheart.

I love the New Fantasyland, and Storybook Circus! The new gift shop under the big top is great!

That new gift shop is one of my all-time favorites in all of the parks now. I like it better than the Emporium!

I had to laugh at the "no picture" Mary. Her girls certainly don't take after her do they? And, I'm glad that they don't 'cause I love seeing their smiling faces.

Nope, the girls do not take after Mary in the picture category at all...they can both be little hams!

You guys have covered quite some ground and there's still more to go!

Yep, we still had a bit more to go and we were running out of steam.

That was quite the Dismeet you had. I would like to meet more Diser's, but I always seem to miss on the timing.

Thanks, Doris. I hope one of these times "our" timing will be on and we will meet.

Love Haunted Mansion, but on our September trip we forgot to ride it!

I'm sorry you forgot to ride it; it's a favorite of ours too.

Hi, just wanted to say I love your TRs. I been sick in bed all week and have read two of your TRs and I just started this one. Your pictures of O'Hare made me sad I don't get to fly out of there this time. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

:wave: and :welcome: I am so sorry to hear you have been sick all week and hope by now you are feeling better. Where are you flying out of? Midway?

Holy Fabulous First Day Kathy! and you're not done with it!

Thanks, Mary Ellen; still some more to come.

The BW rooms are so colorful...sort of like all the hotel/motel colors at the Jersey shore. fun!

After seeing a recent review of BW, I have a feeling we got one of the "un-updated' rooms. But it was still very nice.

bummer on the Plaza - your experience sounds a lot like the one we had in May. I'll give it another try, but we were not blown away at all. oh well, everyone has a bad day, right?

Our food was still excellent and I'm not going to let one day of bad service in over 10 visits take me away from our tradition. I'm sorry your experience wasn't better.

Mark's shirt is great. He has quite a collection of Grumpy shirts!

Yes he does, and I've never quite figured out why. He is so far form being "Grumpy", but he just loves how Grumpy comes across.

Mega dismeet is right - wow! You've got some great photos of the whole gang too. Way to go!

Whoever was our photographers did awesome jobs!

Katie has recently discovered that she loves space mountain. As long as I close my eyes through the first part with all the lights, I love it. a dark wild mouse. but I could not do it over and over again. that would not be good.:sick:

The lights part is the only part I like. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

You are all having such a great time - the photos show it all. all those big happy smiling faces on kids of all ages. Fantastic!

Thank you; it's hard not to have even more fun when you are with those two little girls.

Hope not to be so far behind again, but you know it will happen. Now I am even worse since I discovered Once Upon a Time on Netflix. that series is addictive - I watched the entire first season between the Friday after Christmas & New Year's Eve. :scared1: the cold weather is quite conducive to curling under a blanket with a movie or a good book, both of which I have been indulging in quite a bit.

and happy happy happy 2014 Kathy!

I appreciate you being here when you can. I've never seen Once Upon a Time or Downtown Abbey.

Thank you...and Happy 2014 to you as well.

Woo hoo on getting some rides in during the party! We only got a couple done before we met up with you all

Thanks, Lisa. I was glad we got a few in at least.

Happy New Year Kathy! I am all caught up, although I have to admit I have skipped the chatter. :duck: Your first day was certainly packed with fun and festivities! Love the drums at the Pooh ride! It was a big hit with the grandbabies, too! The girls have grown so much! Love the huge DISmeet! It is amazing how Disney can bring so many wonderful people together and all of the beautiful friendships that have happened here!

Thank you, Tammie. Don't feel bad...I often skip the chatter on threads I'm subscribed to. I bet those grandbabies of yours love those drums. I hope one day to meet ALL of my DIS friends, you included.

yeah well i am finally on to catch up after two weeks!! I AM WAY BEHIND!!!

Mo, the holidays do that too us...no worries.

ok those chairs are OVERLY SCARY TOO!!!!

Yes they are; I had to avert my eyes every time I walked by them.

glad you didnt' get a pool view of the scary IT clown... i hate pennywise and do't think i would be able to sleep knowing that thing is right outside the window!!! ok going back to page 12 to keep catching up...

I'm glad I didn't have to see that clown either.

What FUN updates!!!
Even better i am CAUGHT UP!! :woohoo:

:thumbsup2 for being caught up.

the girls are SO cute!! love how Mark plays with them all the time.

Mark absolutely adores those girls! He is going to make a really good grandpa some day.

AWESOME DIS MEET!!! i love how the back ground is a book! you can tell your own story!!

it's just fantastic..

Thank you. I'm so glad so many could show up. :)

the one picture of the Dumbo ride is picture perfect! love it...

I like that one too.

Since today we are in BLIZZARD mode. i hope to catch up on the dis... but i have to call in pretty soon to the Job #2 pray i don't have to go in.. i do not want to drive in this crap...

I hope you didn't get called into work at Job #2. I am SO done with this winter.

i won't talk about the bears until next season now... :mad:

I don't want to talk about them ever again after signing Cutler to that ridiculous contract.

i almost didn't recognize you with the new avatar!!! :confused3

I tried making a new one at work and it wouldn't let me. I finally fixed it. I hope this one is better for you. :)

Another great update Kathy. It was so busy our MVMCP night we missed SO many rides, I can't wait until summer to get back to MKpixiedust:

We missed quite a few too and it was our only MK day. But I knew we'd be back in May/June and then again in September so I wasn't quite as bummed as I could have been.

And I think I forgot to wish you a Happy New Year :blush:

No worries; Happy New Year to you too.

Disney is running out of new hats so he has to try something. ;) No, no upcoming dual at the HS!

Thank you; those girls LOVE their cotton candy.

Yes, that Grumpy thing is a big act on his part.

I should be able to get an update tomorrow as work has been closed due to the weather.

We've had close to 9 inches of snow since yesterday and it is going to be a HIGH of -16 tomorrow, meaning -50 with the windchill.

Mark had to work all day today and our snow blower went kaput on New Year's Eve. Luckily, we have a really great neighbor who took care of us today:

For all of you who are in these dangerous weather zones, please, please be safe.

Kathy We had freezing rain last night !! It was awful I drove so slow and was a wreck !!! This has been the worst winter we have had in a long time and I was getting spoiled !!!

I should be able to get an update tomorrow as work has been closed due to the weather.

We've had close to 9 inches of snow since yesterday and it is going to be a HIGH of -16 tomorrow, meaning -50 with the windchill.

Mark had to work all day today and our snow blower went kaput on New Year's Eve. Luckily, we have a really great neighbor who took care of us today:

For all of you who are in these dangerous weather zones, please, please be safe.

Ugggghhh. I'm a warm weather person for sure. January is just not my month! May cannot get here soon enough! You guys stay warm!

Great update! You all look like it was a very nice evening.

I am sorry you are getting slammed with the snow! That is just not fun. Stay warm!!!

Playing catch up here Miss Kathy!:goodvibes

Oh man, I'm with you on that scary clown slide! No way would I want to see that glowing monstrosity from my room! His eyes are creepy and his hair looks like spaghettio's!

How cute are those sweet girlies! It looks they just adore you and Mark, and vice versa.:thumbsup2

Gah, The Plaza disappointed you?!?! Oh dear, that is not good. I'm sorry to hear it though I must say we weren't overly thrilled last time we ate there either. But I love the atmosphere inside.

Love the selfie you took with Cayley! Very cute.

Man, that was a mega Dismeet! How fun! I just think it's so cool that people you "meet" on the Dis get the chance to meet in real life. Unless it's Tim...:p :duck:

You guys are seriously getting dumped on over in Illinois! I saw your pics on facebook and wow! What a sweet neighbor you have.:thumbsup2

I just love these trips you get to take with Mary's girls.:goodvibes They look so fun! I'll bet those girls are keeping you young, right?:goodvibes

I see you are trying to slip something through….. I've got my eye on you miss :sail:

Why, whatever do you mean?:angel:

She's paying you back for all the picking on poor innocent Rosie that you BOYS do !!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That's right Rosie!:thumbsup2 Don't you worry, Kathy and I won't let them bully you.::yes:: These boys aren't tough, though I do recall Tim owning a whip...:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter