Turkey legs

Terpgirl79

Mouseketeer
Anyone else find them absolutely disgusting. I think I'm a glutton for punishment. Every few years I try them again and throw them out after one inedible bite lol. Tastes like ham or something to me.

WDW TURKEY LEGS:

1) Disney sells about 1.5 MILLION turkey legs every year!
2) That is about 7 turkey legs for every man-woman-child in Orlando.
3) Each of these monstrous bird legs weighs in at 1.5 pounds and costs $9.75.
4) They supposedly come from 40-50 pound turkeys!
5) Nutrition facts per leg
. . . about 1,092 calories per leg.
. . . about a days worth of fat
. . . about two days worth of sodium
6) Recipe
. . . take one leg
. . . inject salt brine
. . . smoke at 225º for 4 hrs.
7) Available
. . . MK - near Liberty Square
. . . EP - near America
. . . AK - near Flame Tree BBQ
. . . HS - near Tower of Terror

NOTE: We really do like the taste of the turkey legs. However,
we seldom finish one, so we save the calories for later. We still
get the taste when we have a hankerin'.

I don't like meat very much and especially meat that has bones in it. One friend told me that a turkey leg was the ONE thing I had to get while we went on our first trip. When I actually saw the turkey legs......ewwwwww. They are huge and gross. Cannot bring myself to even think about eating one. Luckily she never asked if we tried them!

Neither DH nor I are picky eaters, but we're definitely not fans of the turkey legs. They just don't taste good, IMO.

Tastes like ham or something to me.

I love the turkey legs! Yup, they take kind of like ham, but better!

I buy one or two to take home to enjoy after vacation. They can be used for salads or sandwiches and are much easier to eat when you have a proper fork and knife. The bones are also great for making stock.

We tried one last trip and threw it out after 2 bites. I find it didn't have any taste other than salt.

After reading up on these legs, I really dont want to try one. I am more concerned on the growth hormones, forced feedings and conditions these turkeys are under tomreach 40 to 50 lbs. ??

Then again we are the type that spend ALOT of money on fresh, organic, free ranged turkeys for Thanksgiving.

We always get at least 1 turkey leg. Dh looks forward to this in a big way. Yes they're bad for you, but it's vacation! Not like we eat them daily. I have never once thought about the calories or fat content of food on vacation.

DH calls them hamhocks! No we do not like them. They don't taste like turkey! Now the pork shank is good. BUT every bit as messy.

Those turkey legs are way too salty for my taste. DS13 is the only one in the family who likes them, and he REALLY likes them

Those turkey legs are way too salty for my taste. DS13 is the only one in the family who likes them, and he REALLY likes them

DNephew14 was the only one who liked them a few years ago when we all went together. OMG He dove in head first! LOL!! He was covered in it. Up to his elbows and all over his face. :eek: OMG I still have the picture of him in my mind!:scared:

A couple years later they went again and that was again the highlight of his trip! Teenage boys ;)

Anyone else find them absolutely disgusting. I think I'm a glutton for punishment. Every few years I try them again and throw them out after one inedible bite lol. Tastes like ham or something to me.

I think they're delicious! Guess your budget is bigger than mine though - I don't get them anymore because they're huge, pricey and I don't have anyone to share it with. I can't imagine spending that much for something and throwing it out after one bite.

WDW TURKEY LEGS:

1) Disney sells about 1.5 MILLION turkey legs every year!
2) That is about 7 turkey legs for every man-woman-child in Orlando.
3) Each of these monstrous bird legs weighs in at 1.5 pounds and costs $9.75.
4) They supposedly come from 40-50 pound turkeys!
5) Nutrition facts per leg
. . . about 1,092 calories per leg.
. . . about a days worth of fat
. . . about two days worth of sodium
6) Recipe
. . . take one leg
. . . inject salt brine
. . . smoke at 225º for 4 hrs.
7) Available
. . . MK - near Liberty Square
. . . EP - near America
. . . AK - near Flame Tree BBQ
. . . HS - near Tower of Terror

NOTE: We really do like the taste of the turkey legs. However,
we seldom finish one, so we save the calories for later. We still
get the taste when we have a hankerin'.

I love eating double my sodium intake for the day with one Turkey Leg

I think they're delicious! Guess your budget is bigger than mine though - I don't get them anymore because they're huge, pricey and I don't have anyone to share it with. I can't imagine spending that much for something and throwing it out after one bite.

Lol! After once I will not try it again. I dont give too many things a 2nd chance!!!

The Turkey legs are by far the best tasting treat in the parks!

The meat flavor is great and tender.

I must every trip!:thumbsup2

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter