• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turkey Day Gang 2009

No vow renewal--couldn't swing the cost on the ship and decided on doing other excursions instead, but I'm hoping to get the REAS package:love:

We had the REAS package this past week...for our anniversary...and it was very nice!! We received a soft sided ice bucket w/ tongs and what looks like 2 large white towels or robes (still have not unpacked it) on our bed in our stateroom w/ a letter advising us of the benefits (ie rainforest room for the week, Palo ressies and free 8 by 10 photo). We also received a very nice turn down one evening w/ rose petals, love bird towel animals, hearts and all surrounded by our DS's webkinz collection!! :thumbsup2 We also received breakfast in bed one morning--full menu for all 3 of us and at Palo, a premium bottle of wine, a rose for me and a very nice table. It worked out very nicely!! :love:

Lisa

We had the REAS package this past week...for our anniversary...and it was very nice!! We received a soft sided ice bucket w/ tongs and what looks like 2 large white towels or robes (still have not unpacked it) on our bed in our stateroom w/ a letter advising us of the benefits (ie rainforest room for the week, Palo ressies and free 8 by 10 photo). We also received a very nice turn down one evening w/ rose petals, love bird towel animals, hearts and all surrounded by our DS's webkinz collection!! :thumbsup2 We also received breakfast in bed one morning--full menu for all 3 of us and at Palo, a premium bottle of wine, a rose for me and a very nice table. It worked out very nicely!! :love:

Lisa

We did it a few years ago and loved it:thumbsup2 see you in 09

We are doing a Carnival cruise at the end of summer break just to get a cruise fix.

Rob

I'm afraid to try another cruise line cause we're spoiled by DCL. My family would never let me forget that it wasn't Disney.

When my sister and I started talking about another cruise in 2009 we looked at RC and a few other cruise lines. She lives in MD and I live in NH, so I would order two books from each cruiselines and then we would talk. Both Dh's and all the Dteen's stated "NO WAY, DISNEY ONLY!" so we explained that it was just out of our budget at that time. Especially with all of our teens heading toward college (one in college) so it was going to have to be another cruiseline. Everyone said that they would rather not cruise again if they could not do Disney. I was VERY surprised. So when I saw this cruise I just had to book it. Dsis and her family will arrive the night before the cruise. DH and DD and I will fly down to Orlando with DH's aunt (she will be 78 at that time and a HUGE DISNEY FAN ) and spend a week at Animal Kingdom. She will then go spend a week with her niece in Orlando and we will cruise (YIPPEEEEEEE) and then remeet back at the MCO terminal for the flight home.

One of my nephews informed me the other night that he felt we should not go on the trip due to finances :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I said NO way in HELLo was I missing this cruise and that he best bust his little butt to get some money saved ( each teen has to save $500.00 toward the trip )

There would be no way I would ever back out of this now with all the plans I am making -- part of my VR will be a tour of the island for the entire party -- :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Oops, I forgot..

Welcome jollytammy and family!:wave2:

2009 will also be the 20-year mark for Rob and me. (Let's have a 'toast' in the dining rooms!):drinking1

Priscilla

Alwayslisad it sounds like you have a wonderful VR planned! Too bad we can't get a group discount on the ship since it seems like there maybe lots of us:lmao:

I keep trying to talk my sister into going, she has 4 kids, including a set of twin boys. The twins just love mickey mouse. When the twins were about 2 they went out west and while my sister was taking a shower, they unlocked the door and took off down the hall:rotfl2: They're 3 years old now. The other day they were looking for things that started with "s" to take to school and decided to take their dad's shaver. In the process, one of the twins shaved the middle of his head:lmao: I know I would certainly enjoy having them on the ship:woohoo:

:wave2: Hi Tammy and Family,

Glad you are joining in the fun. The Turkey Day Gang is a great group of people! We had so much fun in '07 and met some of the nicest people.

DH and I will also be celebrating 20 years in '09 (yes, we started dating when I was 16 and got married at 22, so we were both young). I can't believe it (shaking head) where has the time gone! I think we all definitely need to meet one evening for toasts.

Karen

I am so excited! I can't believe all the people that are celebrating major anniversaries:scared1: That is just amazing! We will definately all get together and raise one, or two, or more:thumbsup2

welcome Tammy and family! I'm sitting here :rotfl2: about your twin nephews and the shaver. Your poor sister.

Count us in among the couples celebrating #20 in 2009.

We're also celebrating DS's Bar Mitzvah on our cruise. His Bar Mitzvah is in August and he has opted for a cruise instead of a big party. Such a smart DS I have!

This will be our first DCL cruise so we're super excited and can't wait to get addicted.

Well we could not wait for another 20 months to cruise either, so note the additions to our signature tags below...We are going to try out the Wonder given that the 4th of July both this year and next year will be celebrated on a Friday in terms of the da off from work, so it works out that there is only one missed day of work...we grabbed cat 11's for both, and hopefully will also be able to swap into a Florida residents discounts closer in to the date, but either way, it makes for a great fourth of July....and besides, Lisa has promised to pack no more than if we were heading to WDW for the weekend...yes, I know, I will believe that one too when I see it...LOL

Chuck:cool1:

Well we could not wait for another 20 months to cruise either, so note the additions to our signature tags below...We are going to try out the Wonder given that the 4th of July both this year and next year will be celebrated on a Friday in terms of the da off from work, so it works out that there is only one missed day of work...we grabbed cat 11's for both, and hopefully will also be able to swap into a Florida residents discounts closer in to the date, but either way, it makes for a great fourth of July....and besides, Lisa has promised to pack no more than if we were heading to WDW for the weekend...yes, I know, I will believe that one too when I see it...LOL

Hey Chuck, We are meeting Doogie and family at WDW (SSR) July 3-11. Are you guys hanging at the parks any after your sailing?

Still have not sold DW and girls on the Thanksgiving 2009 Magic, yet. But working on it. The seasickness kind of got us in 2005 when we were in the Atlantic, and from what I have read, sailing from PC down to Eastern Carib can get rough.

I hope you all are doing great.

Well we just got back from an Eastern and the only somewhat rough night was leaving St. Thomas, but that was not too bad really.

As to the parks, something may be possible to meet you guys on Sunday the 6th after we get off the boat.

Just a hearty HELLO the the 04 Turkey day gang. Doogie, Willie, Chuck and Lampy.:cool1:

Hey.... Where have the 5J's been?:confused3

Actually, the 5J's are still around and probably reading this thread from time to time. Lisa and I had dinner w/John and julia a few months ago down here in Florida.

Ok so lets start a list of celebrations while on the cruise - of course TDAY is one of them...

11/22 - brother in law Chip's Bday
11/24 - Vow renewal on the island ( almost 20 yrs married )

Does it count if we're celebrating on the ship, but it's not actually taking place that week?
Our cruise is to celebrate son's high school graduation party: (June), DH and I's 20th anniversary :love2: (July 8). Plus DS15's birthday :cake: (oct 25). Trying to kill lots of birds with one stone:idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter