Turkey breast in crock pot?

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
Has anyone every tried to do a turkey breast in a slow cooker? We are doing some updates to our kitchen, and I'm not sure if the new oven will be functional by Christmas.

We'll have a small group over for dinner for the holiday, and I'd like to do a Turkey breast and then some other main dish on the stove top. Obviously doing a turkey breast in the slow cooker will mean it won't have crispy golden skin. I'm looking for tips from anyone who has tried this.

I've done a roast chicken in the slow cooker with root veggies. That recipe turned out pretty well, so I'm thinking of substituting turkey breast and doing the same sort of thing. The only real problem was the chicken was so well cooked it fell apart and we had to pick through the bones when we ate it.

Yes it can be done and there are many recipes out there. Try searching the net for one that will fit your family's needs so you can get an idea of the time needed to cook it properly as it will depend on the size you cook.

I did one seasoned with herbs du provance (sp?) and placed it on a bed of chopped carrots, onions, celery and garlic; then pour 2 cups of chicken broth on the veggies. Cover and cook until a meat thermometer reads 155-160. remove & cover to rest; then take the veggies out and defat the juices and then blend all together to make a nice gravy and salt & pepper to taste.

There's a couple of good Betty Crocker ones, and Crokpot lady has a couple two which I tried (DH is usually not keen on turkey but really liked it!)

I did one seasoned with herbs du provance (sp?) and placed it on a bed of chopped carrots, onions, celery and garlic; then pour 2 cups of chicken broth on the veggies. Cover and cook until a meat thermometer reads 155-160. remove & cover to rest; then take the veggies out and defat the juices and then blend all together to make a nice gravy and salt & pepper to taste.

That sounds YUMMY..
If you dont mind,I'm gonna copy and paste this to my PC..

If you want a simple turkey breast then I have one for you. My elderly friend taught me to put the breast side down. Pour one can of chicken broth over it and cook on low for about 8 hours and voila, you have the most moist turkey breast that you ever had. If you have leftovers make sure to pour the liquid over it when storing. It doesn't dry out that way.

If you want a simple turkey breast then I have one for you. My elderly friend taught me to put the breast side down. Pour one can of chicken broth over it and cook on low for about 8 hours and voila, you have the most moist turkey breast that you ever had. If you have leftovers make sure to pour the liquid over it when storing. It doesn't dry out that way.

Good tip - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter