Turkey breast and crock pot?

skuttle

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a good recipe for a turkey breast and a crock pot? DH and I eat out way too much, usually because neither one of us feels like cooking when we get hom from work. I found a bunch of neat recipes here on the DIS for the crock pot, but I haven't really found a crock pot recipe for turkey breast. Thanks!

I am thinking the same thing. My mom has made it by sticking it in the pot, with one can of cream of celery, one can of cream of chicken, pinch of s & p, garlic powder and let it cook. I have a breast that is to big for my pot though (right now) so I got a suggestion from some gal to put it in the roaster, cover the breast with raw bacon, put it in the oven on 280 for about 8 hours (the breast/bird shoud be frozen) I think I might try that.
Hope this mess of words helps you out!

I haven't tried this because I always use my roaster for turkey, but here's a crockpot recipe for turkey breast:

Fresh Herbed Turkey Breast

1/8 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup fresh sage, minced
1/4 cup fresh tarragon, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 4 lb turkey breast
1 1/2 Tbs cornstarch

In a small bowl, create a compound butter by mixing together the softened butter, sage, tarragon, garlic, pepper and salt. Rub this compound butter all over the turkey breast. Place turkey breast in the slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours. Remove the turkey breast from the stoneware. While the slow cooker is on High, slowly whisk the cornstarch to thicken the sauce. When the sauce is thick and smooth, pour over the turkey breast. Slice to serve.

- - - - - - -
Although I roast mine, this would work for the crock I'd think too.

2 – 3 oranges or lemons
½ c orange juice or
¼ c lemon juice
Cut oranges or lemons into 1/4" slices & slide under the skin. (You have to put your hand/fingers in first to loosen the skin.) Then squeeze juice over the skin. (When I use a whole bird, I throw any extra pieces of fruit inside the cavity.) Then rub with...

Kosher salt
½ - ¾ tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp ground celery seed
½ tsp lemon zest (I use dried)
¾ tsp orange rind (I use dried)

This is awesome!! :teeth:

Our grocery store sell the hotel turkey breast (just the breast, no legs or wings) and it's prepackaged with a pouch of turkey gravy.
I dump the gravy in the bottom of the crock pot, add the turkey breast and cook for 8 hours. My family likes turkey this way much better than roasted. :confused3
It comes out nice and moist and falls off the bone

The absolute easiest way to do a turkey breast is to just get it thawed, rub it with salt and pepper, stick an onion and maybe some celery in the bird, then put it in the crock pot on low for about 10 hours. No water, no nothing. The crock pot will fill about 1/4 up with turkey juice, and the constant condensation on the lid keeps it basted. I do this all the time and it works wonderfully, even if it isn't fancy.

I posted this recipe last november from a cookbook I had from a thread with a similar request. Lindababe from the boards here made it and said she liked it. I just tried it a few weeks ago and it was very good, even DH liked it! :teeth:

Turkey Roast Chablis

3/4 c. dry white wine
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 3 - 3 1/2 lb boneless turkey roast
1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 c. light cream or milk
2 T. cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt

In crock pot combine wine, onion, garlic, and bay leaf. If turkey is wrapped in netting, remove and discard. If gravy packet is included, remove and refrigerate for another use. Combine rosemary and pepper. Rub roast with rosemary mixture. Place turkey in cooker.

Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 - 12 hours or on high for 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 hours. Remove roast and keep warm. For gravy, strain cooking juices; discard solids. Skim fat from juices. Measure 1 1/3 c. juices into a small saucepan. Combine cream or milk, cornstarch, and salt; stir into juices. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.

Slice turkey roast. Spoon some gravy over roast. Makes 6 - 8 servings.

(Not recommened for 1 quart cooker)

This is kind of crazy and simple but it will give you the most moist turkey breast you have ever eaten. Put the turkey breast in the crockpot skin side DOWN and pour a can of chicken broth over it and cook all day long. It is so moist. Make sure to pour the drippings over the leftover turkey to keep it moist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter