Turf Club...Take it or Leave it???

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
I've heard the Turf Club out at Saratoga Springs is a hidden gem. Has anyone dined there recently, and if so, what did you think? I have a reservation for March...
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014
:mickeyjum (DH 45)
:tink: (Me 44)

Our Ratings of Turf Club: (rev 6/21/2013)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: D
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: D
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The Turf Club is a bar-eatery inside SSR. It is somewhat small, but is OK because
it gets few guests. The dinner steak entrees are average (eg. Applebees) and overpriced.
(C'mon, pasta with shrimp for $20 ?) We prefer to make a meal of the appys and desserts,
which are quite good and reasonably priced. By the way, the Apple Crisp and Lemon Pound
Cake are great. Now, if we can only get slow wait staff service to speed up. Open for
dinner only, no longer for lunch.

Well, it's been a few years since our last visit but I would totally recommend the Turf Club. We went for our anniversary and we had a great time. Great service (we got complimentary glasses of champagne, choc strawberries and a cupcake). The steaks were cooked perfectly and so delicious. I agree the atmosphere was a bit lacking compared to other Disney restaurants, but I would go back in a heartbeat.

eta, just read the previous review and I would not compare it to Applebee's at all, the steaks were on par with a good steakhouse restaurant- but perhaps things have changed since our visit. I would check out allears.net for more recent reviews.

We went in July.

If I was staying at SSR or in the DTD resorts, I would have no problem eating dinner again. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit the resort there for dinner though.

The food is just good enough for that.

We were staying at SS about two yrs ago, and had dinner there one night. My son LOVED the lamb chops, and the rest of our party had no issues with our meals; all quite good. It might be a good night away from the crowds? We are going there on our next visit just for the lamb chops again. Don't know if we'd go out of our way if it weren't for that very specific item, but it is a short park day for us, and we plan on taking the walk to DTD after dinner, and bussing back to our hotel from there.

We ate there in August and I was unimpressed. My prime rib was overcooked and I had to send it back. Then our server told me they didn't have any more that was medium rare, and she came back again and said it was available. I kinda wish that it hadn't been. It was tough and tasteless. My son had the pork chops and my daughter the shrimp pasta - neither was overly impressed. Overall our meal was just ok.

It IS a hidden gem. Smaller than most but the food and service were awesome! We would DEF eat there again. The ONLY draw back is the location ;)

We wanted to eat at the Turf Club when we were staying at SSR after we had been off-property for the day (had the dining plan so cheaper to eat back at Disney!). But the hours for the restaurant end very early in the evening, closed around 7 or 8pm I think. So we went up to POR and ate at Boatwrights instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter