Tummy Tuck

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
Sorry...I know this is off topic but was hoping for a little help for those of you that may have experience in this area! I've been dreaming of a TT since I had my triplets almost 8 years ago. Well I think I'm going to bit the bullet and go through with it! I of course not only have extra skin...but severe muscle seperation and an umbilical hernia.....so I'm a good canidate!:thumbsup2 Now if only I could get a plastic surgeon to do it pro-bono like Kate Gosselin! ;)

Upon doing a little research (have yet to go for a consult) the recovery/surgery seems SCARY! 2-4 hours long with a pain pump and two drain tubes...yikes!:scared1: I really feel I should do this for myself but in all honesty I feel extremely guilty going under for something I don't really need....although this hernia does need to be addressed. Any info would be helpful and appreciated...thanks!!:flower3:

I saw an interesting info packed article in the Redbook magazine I got in the mail today - good luck with your decision!

Another triplet mom here - I have the same issues as you and I am afraid of a TT. I have a lot of back problems as well, which my doctor thinks is from my weak ab muscles. I've been told that the only way to correct everything is by having a TT. My girls are still kind of young and we hear "No, Mommy do it" 100 times a day so I wouldn't dream of doing it now.

I know a handful of twin and triplet moms (online) who have had it done. Recovery varies. I know what you mean about the guilt but you shouldn't feel guilty. Your body went through so much and needs repairing.

I need one too(no hernia, but loose skin and muscle) and have decided against it.My coworker had one, has a long recovery and several complications.She still can not bend all the way.I would seriosuly research this.

I need one too(no hernia, but loose skin and muscle) and have decided against it.My coworker had one, has a long recovery and several complications.She still can not bend all the way.I would seriosuly research this.

Interesting...I have been researching it for almost 8 years and haven't really heard of this...although I don't doubt people have complications from all surgeries...there is always a risk. I think what's most important is the doctor...so i'm going to go to many consults. Like everything in life...I think you get what you pay for!

Interesting...I have been researching it for almost 8 years and haven't really heard of this...although I don't doubt people have complications from all surgeries...there is always a risk. I think what's most important is the doctor...so i'm going to go to many consults. Like everything in life...I think you get what you pay for!

Have you watched videos of the surgery and the post surgery? They have them online. I have looked into it, and TT have the most complications. That and inner thighs

I had a TT this past June, 23 years after carrying my twins to full term.

I really just had extra skin and muscle separation, that being said I really worked hard on my ab muscles for about a year before my surgery and I kept my weight down. Because I was in good shape, I had no pain pump and no drains whatsoever. My PS said that because I had very little fat that drains were not necessary.

The recovery wasn't too bad. Can't stand up straight for about 3 days, even if you could your dr. doesn't want you to. You have to sleep on your back and wear a compression garment. I used a wedge pillow also. I was off pain meds about 1 week later and back at they gym about 2 weeks later doing elliptical. I was taking long walks within the first week.

I highly recommend it. Best money I spent on myself.;)

I had a TT this past June, 23 years after carrying my twins to full term.

I really just had extra skin and muscle separation, that being said I really worked hard on my ab muscles for about a year before my surgery and I kept my weight down. Because I was in good shape, I had no pain pump and no drains whatsoever. My PS said that because I had very little fat that drains were not necessary.

The recovery wasn't too bad. Can't stand up straight for about 3 days, even if you could your dr. doesn't want you to. You have to sleep on your back and wear a compression garment. I used a wedge pillow also. I was off pain meds about 1 week later and back at they gym about 2 weeks later doing elliptical. I was taking long walks within the first week.

I highly recommend it. Best money I spent on myself.;)

Great to hear! I've only heard the same too...."best money I ever spent!" Do you mind telling me what you paid? I know it all depends on the area/surgeon...but just want to get an idea.

Good to hear about your recovery too! I'm hoping for the same since I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs. and am a gym rat ;)..no fat..just nasty skin I want gone!!

Great to hear! I've only heard the same too...."best money I ever spent!" Do you mind telling me what you paid? I know it all depends on the area/surgeon...but just want to get an idea.

Good to hear about your recovery too! I'm hoping for the same since I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs. and am a gym rat ;)..no fat..just nasty skin I want gone!!

If you go on surgeryloans.com it will give you estimated prices for the different types of surgeries. Their pretty much right on with their pricing too. I compared it after I met with a plastic surgeon and it was definately in the range.

Oh please help me! I have never had twins, but I have had 4 kids. My OB told me that I have a major muscle seperation. For those of you w/the seperation, does your stomach poke out because the muscles are pushing it out? I have little stomach fat and always had a flat stomch until my 4th child, but my stomach is hard and out due to the muscles, especially my upper stomach. Am I alone here?

I dream of having it done, but a friend of mine had complications. Her abdomen kept opeing up where they had performed the tuck. She went in several times a year to have it put back together, yikes!

Oh please help me! I have never had twins, but I have had 4 kids. My OB told me that I have a major muscle seperation. For those of you w/the seperation, does your stomach poke out because the muscles are pushing it out? I have little stomach fat and always had a flat stomch until my 4th child, but my stomach is hard and out due to the muscles, especially my upper stomach. Am I alone here?

I dream of having it doens, but a friend of mine had complications. Her abdomen kept opeing up where they had performed the tuck. She went in several times a year to have it put back together, yikes!

Mine does..I have a 6 pk abs EXCEPT for this small lower area of skin and muscle bulging.I just wear spanx and get on with my life.I would love a tuck, but being a nurse ( automatically paranoid)and seeing my friends complications has made me re-think it.

Have you looked into smart lipo I know its not the same thing but it helps alot, this is the procedure I will be doing I have a bit of loose skin and some ab fat that will not go away with excercise look into it.

I did it! Love, Love, love it!
Hurt like hell! Way worse than child birth- I had two all natural deliveries. I gained over 80lbs with each of them and then lost all the weight. Had the TT and then gained back 20lbs due to other medical issues (hysterectomy over a year ago). I've just recently lost some of the weight and feel much better.

I had a pain pump, tons of drugs after and no complications (complications after the hysterectomy so keep in mind they can happen).

I have a big scar that goes all the way around me and my belly button.

No more extra skin, etc.

I love my husband and the surgery was a major undertaking for him and my family. We had to have our kids stay with my parents and he took 4 days off work to watch me. He had to empty my drains and help me pee. I'm not a fan of peeing with the door open or having my husband help me on and off the pot. I couldn't get out of bed without him and getting dressed wasn't happening. I took so many drugs I couldn't poop for a week. Then again, I also didn't eat.

Mine was about $8K and that was 4 years ago. I asked several friends who did their breast jobs, etc. and picked my dr based on their recommendations and also what I felt in his office. There were two other dr's that I researched too but had a bad feeling in one of their offices.

I really wish I could get a breast lift but the money fairy can't be found. If I find her I'm gonna break off her wings so she can't fly away.

BTW, I'm not a vain person and this is the only "ME" thing I've ever really done. I just hated having all the extra skin - worse than a muffin top. I did/do still get lots of nasty comments from some former friends. Most of these comments really came up when I had my hysterectomy as they believed it was a surgery of want not need. I don't talk to them anymore.

numbness....forgot to mention it too. Annoying and one of the things that really bugs me.
if you have questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the comments. I'm surprised to hear about so many complications and will have to look more into that and ask more questions about that at consultations. The recovery does scare me and some days I think maybe I should just invest in some good spanx!!!

Mine does..I have a 6 pk abs EXCEPT for this small lower area of skin and muscle bulging.I just wear spanx and get on with my life.I would love a tuck, but being a nurse ( automatically paranoid)and seeing my friends complications has made me re-think it.

This is me exactly!!! :thumbsup2

I think the blood clot and very real threat of death from it is the deal breaker for me. I also have some numbness from nerve damage from a difficult c-section and it is ...disconcerting, don't know how else to describe it! That would be a difficult complication risk to accept. I also have a lot of scarring and adhesions from the c-sections, so I know it wouldn't be just cut, pull skin down and resew... So, as much as a flat tummy would be lovely, I think I'll settle for what I've got.

www.tuckthattummy.com is one of the best resources I had before and after I had my surgery. There is a real sisterhood of people there that will answer any questions you might have. There are complication posts and tons of before and after pics, along with prices.

I had MAJOR muscle repair and the recovery wasn't fun but I was back to work after a week. Great family support is most important especially that first few days. I would highly suggest like a pp that you have someone watch your kids. I also rented a recliner since I don't own one and slept there for a week. Definitely check out that website, it's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter