TTT, or Todays Tiny Tip !

Interesting. So does the soap come out foamy? DH loves the foam soap, but I won't buy it because it goes too fast.

Yes it does come out foamy. Sometimes it takes a couple of squirts when refilled to "get foamy again."
I usually have to replace the dispensers about once every 6-8 months but even at that it does save alot of money. One refill jug usually lasts me about 3-4 months and that is with 5 people.

I love all the tips! Subscribing! :-)
Here's one. Use the used up dryer sheets to clean off your TV and computer monitors. They destatic them at the same time and it works great!

Register everyone you can to get the points towards student loan repayments. Every bit helps.
I think it is at www.upromise.com

My tenny tiny tip I'm starting this year, is getting rid of the paper towels on the kitchen counter (I'll still keep some, but they won't be as accessible). My family grabs them for every little thing instead of getting a washcloth and rinsing it when they are done. I was sickened by how much I spent last year just for paper products. I'll be interested to see how much this saves. I know I'll have to wash the dish clothes, but we can reuse them a couple times first if they rinse and hang it to dry at the sink.

I replaced mine with microfleece towels. I got the best buy at SAM's in a bundle of 10 or 12. I also bought the pack on QVC I think it was of the wash cloth size that is in 4 colors. This way the yellow is for bathroom cleaning, green for cleaning house hold, blue with the SAM's towels are for Kitchen and dishes. The pink is for clean dirt, like little faces.

Thanks for these 2 tips...I need to try them!

Can you tell me more about dryer balls? I can't believe I never heard of them before...

Silly question, but are you saying that the extra soap was leftover in the towel? I really hate to think that my clothing has a ton of extra soap in it. I'll need to try this. Thanks!

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. :scared1: And it's hard on your clothes and the washing machine too when you use too much. I had NO idea. The first I had heard of this was a little blurb our local newschannel did. The towell idea was how they suggested finding out if you are using too much soap and I certainly was. By a wide margain.

I replaced mine with microfleece towels. I got the best buy at SAM's in a bundle of 10 or 12. I also bought the pack on QVC I think it was of the wash cloth size that is in 4 colors. This way the yellow is for bathroom cleaning, green for cleaning house hold, blue with the SAM's towels are for Kitchen and dishes. The pink is for clean dirt, like little faces.

I like the color-coding idea. I may have steal that when I'm ready to buy new towels. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the great tips! Here's my TTT; to save some electricity, wear and tear on your washer and clothes set the machine for light load ( as oppossed to regular or heavy) Once it starts to agitate, stop it and let the load soak for at least a half hour . This way you're giving the soap and water time to do their job while cutting down on the other resources.

Thanks for so many good tips! And I will use your tip to let the clothes sit for 1/2 hour or more since I'll probably forget them :rotfl2:

My tip is if you can't have an outside laundry line, put your clothes in the dryer for just 20 minutes (set a timer) and then get them out right away to hang up inside (I have lines in my basement) so you can save money on dryer time and you won't have to iron the clothes :thumbsup2

A couple tips from my house...

So many mismatched socks - why throw them away? I have a small bag of pairless socks under the sink. I use them for cleaning and polishing in the house and garage. And then toss them. Who cares if they are stained in the trash.

Baking soda from the fridge. Use old baking soda to clean sinks and baths. Make into a paste and clean.

Microwave secret... put a bowl of water and vinegar in microwave for 1 minute. Wipe clean with mismatched sock (clean of course).

I always dilute the multipurpose cleaner in a larger spray bottle 50% cleaner, 50% water.

Best cleaning tool in my caddy is a dollar store scrubber on a handle.

Instead, buy the color of your choice in the Just for Men Gel. It comes in two tubes and you mix only what you need. One $6 box has colored my eyebrows at least 5 times now and there is still about half left in each tube.

Be sure to get the Gel!

Instead, buy the color of your choice in the Just for Men Gel. It comes in two tubes and you mix only what you need. One $6 box has colored my eyebrows at least 5 times now and there is still about half left in each tube.

Be sure to get the Gel!

Don't use this if you are fertile! It seems to me it has lead, which is why it is just for men.

Thanks for all the great tips! Here's my TTT; to save some electricity, wear and tear on your washer and clothes set the machine for light load ( as oppossed to regular or heavy) Once it starts to agitate, stop it and let the load soak for at least a half hour . This way you're giving the soap and water time to do their job while cutting down on the other resources.

One thing to note when doing this.....is your washer one of those with the automatic fill level? I was doing this for awhile then when I started it back up I would have water on my floor. It took calling a repair man (who couldn't figure it out) for it to finally dawn on me that the washer thought all that water was clothes so it was putting in more water! So now when I do this I have to fast forward to the last part of the wash cycle. Or drain the water then refill. We live on a farm and it's can be hard to get some of the stuff my DH gets into.;) Hope this saves someone the house call from a repairman! :thumbsup2

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. :scared1: And it's hard on your clothes and the washing machine too when you use too much. I had NO idea. The first I had heard of this was a little blurb our local newschannel did. The towell idea was how they suggested finding out if you are using too much soap and I certainly was. By a wide margain.

Thanks for the clarification! I will try this later today and report back!

Tip for cheese: I purchase cheese in a block and shred it at home.

I just got a food processor so will have to try this. It sounds simple enough. Now to go back to Costco to see how much I'll save. We go through cheese a LOT in our house...about one large Costco bag a week. And I think it's already extra-sharp!

Originally Posted by ranthony

Be sure to get the Gel!

Thanks, this is a great tip! I wonder if I can touch up that one patch of gray that always shows up on my part about 2 weeks after coloring?

Don't use this if you are fertile! It seems to me it has lead, which is why it is just for men.

No lead listed here:

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/16-07/st_justformen

I buy the foaming soap dispensers and instead of throwing them out when empty I buy regular hand soap in the big container and put about 1/3 soap and the rest water to refill the dispensers. One refill bottle lasts several months for 3 dispensers.

I had a similar tip - great minds thinking alike. I have had the same dispensers for over a year.

subscribing to all of these great tips. I've thought about a dryer ball before but never tried it. Might have to now. Does it really last for years?

Mine did not - one of them split in half. I still use it though.

Just wanted to say hi!! I'm in Norman!

I also use toothpaste to clean the faucets while I'm brushing my teeth. I just squirt a little bit and rub it in with a cloth, then rinse it after I rinse my mouth. It also works on silver jewelry (but it has to be the paste kind, not the gel).

Hi, I'm in Lawton!! LOL

Does your water turn your sink and tub a dull orange color by any chance? Just wondering if all OK water was like that....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter