TTMM...Is It Really Worth It?

usschmidt

We got to see everything and get a Dole Whip!
Not trying to start a fight, just trying to decide if I should bid for some tix on eBay. And for those of you who did get yours on eBay, what's a good price? I need 4.

They're 5 and 7 and do like the characters. Last year we didn't go to TT until the evening during the parade. We thought no one was home but they had a pretty good time. Then we got a huge surprise! Sorcerer Mickey was in his house and we got to hang out w/him b/c no one else knew he was there!!!! I'm sure they'd like to go when everyone's there but do I need to have tix to ensure that?

It's probably worth it, then, I'd say. Those are good ages.

I'm not sure what they're going for on e-bay these days, so can't really help you there. There's a thread on this board for people who want TTMM tickets; those who have them, but aren't going to use them, can give them away, if they're so inclined. I get the impression it doesn't actually happen that much, though. That thread should be back a few pages, if you haven't seen it yet.

I posted a request on my local Craigslist and here's one of the responses:
I have 4 tickets to Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness, Preferred seating for Aladdin Musical (2), Muppet Vision 3D (4), It's Tough to be a Bug (2), Golden Dreams (4) I had 4 of the preferred seating tickets, but some fell off. I'm sure they would let in 2 adults with 2 children. I will also send a coupon for 10% of a purchase of $50. or more merchandise throughout Disneyland Resort. You can have all for $50. Everything is good through 1/31/09.

Is this a good deal? The last 2 eBay auctions went for $30something+shipping for only 2 sets. I understand supply and demand, but I have a hard time paying for stuff I know people got for free...ugh. Deep down I'm frugal, I guess.

When are you going? Aladdin (Hyperion Theatre in CA) is going to be down after Labor Day for refurbishment. The other preferred seating tickets are not really useful or worth it. There are no bad seats in those venues, and they usually aren't full anyway. Especially Golden Dreams (aka Golden Yawns). The only preferred seating tickets we used were for Aladdin, and you're only getting two of those (and I DON'T think they'd let anybody in without the tickets).

So basically you would be paying $50 for MTTMM and a 10% off coupon. :confused3

We'll be in the park for sure Sept 1-2. Yeah, I concur. Also I'm upgrading to AP's so I don't really need the 10% off coupon. $50 for TTMM doesn't sound reasonable at all when you put it that way...

We'll be in the park for sure Sept 1-2. Yeah, I concur. Also I'm upgrading to AP's so I don't really need the 10% off coupon. $50 for TTMM doesn't sound reasonable at all when you put it that way...

Thanks for letting me talk this out :)

I do NOT think it's worth it. We've had shorter character interactions on normal days.

Though I'll be honest and say that on our MTTMM day the skies started dumping rain on us just as soon as the "honorary family" said "we're from Tacoma" (hint: see my location), so everyone went running pell-mell to Mickey's house and it was madness (the honorary family didn't even get to go in first!). ALL the characters were inside, sort of along the way (Mickey's House is basically one long queue to see Mickey after the movie room, as far as I can tell from other days), so if you stop to really interact with the characters, you're blocking people.

On a regular day, Mickey will be in his house, Minnie is often outside Mickey's house (she's never been IN her house when we've been there, and in fact Minnie's House was used as the START of Mickey's House's line on that rainy MTTMM day). Pluto and Goofy have roamed around ToonTown (not together when we've seen them), and so on. I like it like that, personally.

There's a little song and dance number, the family that was picked that morning introduces themselves, you get a button that you were there, and that's basically it. Those things aren't even until about a half hour into it, which means the characters aren't in Mickey's house until after that (as far as I know, since Mickey is at the ceremony thing), so then you have about 20 minutes before it opens to the public...

Unless you already have a package that comes with the vouchers, or someone just hands them to you, I just don't think it's worth it.

Personally, I didn't think TTMM was worth the time, much less worth extra money for the pass. I'd rather be spending my first hour at DL in other places before the lands get crowded. The characters we saw there were the ones easy to see in other places or other times. I went to TTMM for the first time my last trip because I was taking an 8 year old who had never been to DL before. Mickey's house got crowded immediately following the "Honorary Citizen of Toontown ceremony". I thought the best thing about TTMM was that we were able to ride Gadgets Go-Coaster with no line since my niece was apprehensive about roller coasters and so I thought it best to take her on Gadget first. (That was her first roller coaster ride; by the end of the day, Space Mountain was her favorite ride).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter