TTC thread take 2

They were 5 day embryos before they were frozen.

So this thursday?

We chose not to refreeze. This is our last attempt. After this we will just accept whatever is "meant to be"

So this thursday?

We chose not to refreeze. This is our last attempt. After this we will just accept whatever is "meant to be"

Have you thought about refreezing just in case a surrogate might be in your future?
Praying for all to work out.

So this thursday?

yep this thursday!

ah, okay. In the state of Louisiana it is illegal to discard embryos. They would have to be re-frozen.

Have you thought about refreezing just in case a surrogate might be in your future?
Praying for all to work out.

No, I don't think we could ever go the surrogate route. I know its a wonderful option for other people, but its just not for us.

Thanks for the prayers!

yep this thursday!

ah, okay. In the state of Louisiana it is illegal to discard embryos. They would have to be re-frozen.

Excellant, I will have to pick up some tests by Wednesday then.

I never knew it was illegal anywhere, we are in TN. It was actually suggested by our IVF nurse since we decided we were not going to attempt IVF again. She said we could thaw all 4 & let the embriologist pick the "best" 2, then discard the others. (ugh I hate that term). I know its a huge moral debate...and DH & I talked & prayed alot before we came to this decision. But for us it was the only decision. Surrogacy is not for us & I could never donate. I would also wonder if my babies were in this world without me.

We actually received a form every year with our bill for storage that we had to fill out. We had to X our choice of continue to freeze, donate, or discard.

Thank you both sooooo much! My doctors say to have fun and ride whatever I want and it seems to be the general consensus but sometimes I get nervous with so many differing opinions. My DH says, "You know what your doctor told you, and that is all that matters!"
Yes, have a fabulous time- you deserve the break and to have some fun!:wizard:

I didn't realize how much harder it would be on me this time around. I think just being a few years older, and chasing a 3 1/2 yr old around has really taken its toll. Much more emotional this time around. When we started 6 years ago, we just want a child...to have a family. Anything more is a bonus. We are very greatful & feel very blessed to have DD. I told DH if we happen to get pregant the "normal" way, then obviously we would be so happy. But I don't want to go through this process any more. It makes me mean & sad...thats miserable for all of us. Is that how you felt to? I wonder if that is normal when you have to go thru IVF to have a family.
We haven't started round 2 just yet, but the first time we did IVF (first and only- we got lucky) was rough. I had been doing clomid and IUIs and injectables for a year and yes, i was a beast. Pissy all the time, mean, sad, happy, all over the board. Not a great atmosphere for anyone! Now that I am 38, I know it will be much harder, I was 32-33 at the time. The only good thing I think about doing it again is I will now know what to expect and DH is more on board, since I think he feels more comfortable with it all too. But chasing after a 4yo, working full time and doing all of that I know won't be easy as you said!

So glad your transfer went well though. LOL at the full bladder, I vividly remember that part. I have a tiny one, and ALWAYS have to pee. So that part was so hard. :rotfl::confused3 I am sure i couldn't have just let a "little" out. Sounds like you have some great embies though. Sending sticky thoughts your way. Hopefully the gas is a good sign!!! ;):thumbsup2

Does anybody else here order their meds through CVS Caremark Speciality Pharmacy?

Until this year I always ordered through Walgreens Specialty but my husband's employer switched to CVS this year and I am not impressed at all with their customer service. It has taken over 10 days to process my prescription for my IVF cycle then yesterday when they called to confirm the price it was 3 times as much for the exact same meds that I just had filled in Dec with Walgreens. Also they couldn't process one of the meds because they couldn't determine a price - umm the prescription card is through CVS so it's CVS determining the price. Anyway that was totally unacceptable as there would be no reason for them not to be able figure out the price. I told them that I wasn't impressed with their service and couldn't believe they weren't competitive with Walgreens and not to send out my order.

My DH's employer told them that meds would be cheaper not 3 times higher that's why they made the switch. Anyway I am trying to see if I can get my refill done through Walgreens and they are supposed to call me back today, but I am thinking we are required to go through CVS. Anyway just wondering if others have had issues with CVS?

Does anybody else here order their meds through CVS Caremark Speciality Pharmacy?

Until this year I always ordered through Walgreens Specialty but my husband's employer switched to CVS this year and I am not impressed at all with their customer service. It has taken over 10 days to process my prescription for my IVF cycle then yesterday when they called to confirm the price it was 3 times as much for the exact same meds that I just had filled in Dec with Walgreens. Also they couldn't process one of the meds because they couldn't determine a price - umm the prescription card is through CVS so it's CVS determining the price. Anyway that was totally unacceptable as there would be no reason for them not to be able figure out the price. I told them that I wasn't impressed with their service and couldn't believe they weren't competitive with Walgreens and not to send out my order.

My DH's employer told them that meds would be cheaper not 3 times higher that's why they made the switch. Anyway I am trying to see if I can get my refill done through Walgreens and they are supposed to call me back today, but I am thinking we are required to go through CVS. Anyway just wondering if others have had issues with CVS?
Wow, so sorry for the frustration. I never used either one, so no comments there, just sorry you are having to deal with that, that is the last thing you need. Let us know how it goes.

IUI number two is in two hours.:scared1:
GOOD LUCK!!!:wizard::wizard::wizard:

I couldn't wait anymore....so I took a test!

POSITIVE!!!!:wizard:
We're Pregnant!!!!

:cool1::banana::love::woohoo::yay::dance3:
WOW!!!!! My heart skipped a beat! So EXCITED FOR YOu!!!! Congrats!!! Keep us posted. When is the official blood test? ;):thumbsup2:wizard::banana::banana::banana:

Congrats Skip2MyLou - so awesome! You are braver than me. I have been too nervous to take an HPT. Probably because I have never seen a positive one before! My blood test is tomorrow.

WOW!!!!! My heart skipped a beat! So EXCITED FOR YOu!!!! Congrats!!! Keep us posted. When is the official blood test? ;):thumbsup2:wizard::banana::banana::banana:

Thank You! I'm so excited we had to tell someone...so besides immediate family, you guys are the 1st to know! I was 5 days past transfer. Next Wednesday is our blood test...I'm trying to remember when my 1st ultrasound was with DD, I think around the 6wk mark...do you remember when yours was?

I wish I had kept notes last time... I thought the blood test was sooner.

Great, Great, Great!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc:cloud9::lovestruc:cloud9::lovestruc

Thank you... I'm definately on :cloud9: right now!

Congrats Skip2MyLou - so awesome! You are braver than me. I have been too nervous to take an HPT. Probably because I have never seen a positive one before! My blood test is tomorrow.

Thank you!

With my DD, I took about 5 of them..just so I could be sure it was really positive. After 2 years of seeing negative after negative, it was so wonderful just to watch that 2nd line pop up. I just took another one this morning... I can't help it :rotfl:

Good Luck on your blood test today!

Thank you!

Thank You! I'm so excited we had to tell someone...so besides immediate family, you guys are the 1st to know! I was 5 days past transfer. Next Wednesday is our blood test...I'm trying to remember when my 1st ultrasound was with DD, I think around the 6wk mark...do you remember when yours was?

Thank you!
I think it was at 6w as well! YEAH!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter