TTC thread take 2

Got it- then I agree, you don't need to go the RE route. Hopefully the timing works out perfectly for you this time. I'll be sending pixie dust that it does. I am so sorry for your losses. It sounds like you have a great shot though, so keep your head up!!:wizard:

Thanks.

I'm currently trying to figure out the logistics of this month. I've figure it out two different ways and I'm not confident that we'll get to try this month. Stupid weekend. One way I figured it out I'll ovulate during the week and one way I won't. :confused3

My cycles aren't super regular so there's always an element of guess work involved.

Just a quick update to say that transfer was today! We transferred two Grade A- embryos, one 8-cell and one 7-cell. The other 5 are still growing strong, with 4 Grade Bs right around 8-cells and one lagging behind a bit. Praying they all make it to freeze!

Sending Sticky Vibes to you!

Hello ladies! Just wanted to check in since its been a while for me. We are moving along right on schedule for our frozen embryo transfer this Friday.

I am officially feeling like a pin cushion.

We've decided that this will be our one & only attempt. We are going to thaw all 4 of our embies & transfer the "best" 2. When we started this journey back in 2006, we just wanted a baby. We have DD & are very happy with our little family. This round has been a lot more difficult on me emotionally & exhausted. It was a difficult decision to think that we would be "discarding" the remaining embryos but I just didn't see any other choice for us.

Hello ladies! Just wanted to check in since its been a while for me. We are moving along right on schedule for our frozen embryo transfer this Friday.

We've decided that this will be our one & only attempt. We are going to thaw all 4 of our embies & transfer the "best" 2. When we started this journey back in 2006, we just wanted a baby. We have DD & are very happy with our little family. This round has been a lot more difficult on me emotionally & exhausted. It was a difficult decision to think that we would be "discarding" the remaining embryos but I just didn't see any other choice for us.

Wishing you only the best!!!
We have a frozen embryo and are trying to also adopt frozen embryos so we will be able to transfer with higher chances of conceiving.

Good Luck!

Leslie

I'm wishing you all the best!

I had an iui today. The RE said that my progesterone wasn't exactly where they wanted it to be. So we're having another tomorrow!! To top it all off, we leave for WDW Friday night. This is a very eventful week. :banana:

I had an iui today. The RE said that my progesterone wasn't exactly where they wanted it to be. So we're having another tomorrow!! To top it all off, we leave for WDW Friday night. This is a very eventful week. :banana:

Good Luck! Have a great trip!

I remember getting my 1st IUI right before I went to Vegas and I couldn't ride the roller coasters or even go on a gondola ride.

Leslie

Good Luck! Have a great trip!

I remember getting my 1st IUI right before I went to Vegas and I couldn't ride the roller coasters or even go on a gondola ride.

Leslie

Wow! My Dr. said I can ride anything I want. I was worried I wouldn't be able to ride anything so I was stoked when he said I had nothing to worry about and could ride everything!:woohoo:

Wow! My Dr. said I can ride anything I want. I was worried I wouldn't be able to ride anything so I was stoked when he said I had nothing to worry about and could ride everything!:woohoo:

I guess it depends on the doctors. My doctor was very cautious. That IUI didn't work, but the next one did. I had my IUIs in 2006/2007.

Leslie

I guess it depends on the doctors. My doctor was very cautious. That IUI didn't work, but the next one did. I had my IUIs in 2006/2007.

Leslie

Glad the next one worked for you :goodvibes

My team said it is fine and they're the top RE office in Charlotte, so I'm just going to trust them and have fun. Our next step at this point is IVF. So if for some reason, it doesn't work, we'll just move on to IVF.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

If this align properly with my ovulation dates I may have IUI before my trip in May, it's my mum's birthday and Mother's day while we're there, would love to tell her she's going to be a grandmother :)

I have decided that IF I am indeed pregnant I'd probably skip the safari and maybe Splash Mountain. I don't ride Star Tours, Test Track or Everest and Big Thunder Mountain is closed.
I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened, taking the 9 hour flight from the UK to Orlando is a big enough risk for me.

My Dr called today to say all my bloodtests came back clear, not that I was expecting anything else but still a relief.

If this align properly with my ovulation dates I may have IUI before my trip in May, it's my mum's birthday and Mother's day while we're there, would love to tell her she's going to be a grandmother :)

I have decided that IF I am indeed pregnant I'd probably skip the safari and maybe Splash Mountain. I don't ride Star Tours, Test Track or Everest and Big Thunder Mountain is closed.
I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened, taking the 9 hour flight from the UK to Orlando is a big enough risk for me.

My Dr called today to say all my bloodtests came back clear, not that I was expecting anything else but still a relief.

Oh yeah! If I were definitely preggo I'd hardly ride anything. I had my second iui in 2 days this morning and asked her one more time if she was absolutely sure I could ride anything I wanted and she said absolutely yes that I should ride whatever I want and that there is no possible way it could hurt anything. So that pretty much seals it for me and now I am super excited!

So happy for you that the blood tests are great! Even when you're expecting it, it is still somehow a relief! LOL!

Sorry you have the pin cushion feeling, definitely sympathize! I am sending up lots of prayers and pixie dust for you. I am going to be in the same boat soon. Not sure if we will try more than one IVF cycle when we attempt TTC #2. I know it is going to be much harder this time given my age and all too. So thinking good thoughts for you!!!!! :wizard:

Yeah for your IUI. I had an IUI before one of our trips too. I took it easy. The doc said no drinking, so i did stick to that. I did pass on a few bumpier rides. It was like my 3rd IUI and i was pretty frustrated and trying to be careful as best I could. Of course, that IUI didn't work. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Yeah for great tests coming back. that's good news. Dinosaur is really rough too so skip that. I don't feel that Splash is that rough, although the one at DL is really rough (seems to go faster and so swings you around corners roughly). If I were preggo, i would definitely skip MS, TT, SM, BTMRR, Dino, Primeval Whirl, EE, Safari, ToT, RnR and that's probably it, not too bad. :thumbsup2

Oh yeah! If I were definitely preggo I'd hardly ride anything. I had my second iui in 2 days this morning and asked her one more time if she was absolutely sure I could ride anything I wanted and she said absolutely yes that I should ride whatever I want and that there is no possible way it could hurt anything. So that pretty much seals it for me and now I am super excited!

So happy for you that the blood tests are great! Even when you're expecting it, it is still somehow a relief! LOL!

The day we returned from our WDW trip, we found out I was pregnant. I rode everything and even had a few drinks (after 4 years of TTC, I had quit being careful "just in case"!!). Dr. said it was nothing to worry about and DS was born healthy and had no problems. Go have fun!!

The day we returned from our WDW trip, we found out I was pregnant. I rode everything and even had a few drinks (after 4 years of TTC, I had quit being careful "just in case"!!). Dr. said it was nothing to worry about and DS was born healthy and had no problems. Go have fun!!

So agree!!!! Have a great time!

So agree!!!! Have a great time!

Thank you both sooooo much! My doctors say to have fun and ride whatever I want and it seems to be the general consensus but sometimes I get nervous with so many differing opinions. My DH says, "You know what your doctor told you, and that is all that matters!"

Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Sorry you have the pin cushion feeling, definitely sympathize! I am sending up lots of prayers and pixie dust for you. I am going to be in the same boat soon. Not sure if we will try more than one IVF cycle when we attempt TTC #2. I know it is going to be much harder this time given my age and all too. So thinking good thoughts for you!!!!! :wizard:

I didn't realize how much harder it would be on me this time around. I think just being a few years older, and chasing a 3 1/2 yr old around has really taken its toll. Much more emotional this time around. When we started 6 years ago, we just want a child...to have a family. Anything more is a bonus. We are very greatful & feel very blessed to have DD. I told DH if we happen to get pregant the "normal" way, then obviously we would be so happy. But I don't want to go through this process any more. It makes me mean & sad...thats miserable for all of us. Is that how you felt to? I wonder if that is normal when you have to go thru IVF to have a family.

So Friday went just as planned. Thursday night I went to bed early thinking I would need a good nights sleep, but DD had other plans. She woke me up at midnight. I put her back to bed but then I couldnt fall asleep until 3am. The next morning we dropped her off at Grandma's and visited for a few minutes. I called my voicemail box at the RE office & found out that we were definately on for the the transfer. I thought they were going to leave a vmail telling us how many embyos survived but all it said was "You will have your transfer" So my nerves were up.

We were early to the RE office but they called us back quickly. We were the only procedure scheduled that day so I had the place to myself. The nurse went thru my vitals & my BP was 126/93, which is weird because I am always 120/80. I guess nerves??? I had to have a full bladder & of course the dr was running behind. So they told me I could let a "little" out. Have you ever tried to pee just a "little":laughing:

They brought in pics of our embyos. We had the lab thaw all 4 & choose the best 2. They chose an A & a B. Then said not to worry, they get lots of pregnancies from B's. They also did assisted hatching.

When they took us back for the transfer DH got to see them through the microscope. He told the embriologist (sp?) "They look just like me at that age" :lmao: He cracks me up.

After it was over, I spent the next 2 days at home in bed. By Friday night I was bored to tears. I will never do good at bedrest, if its twins :eek:

So thats my story...lol. Now I am just waiting to feel SOMETHING...anything. Yesterday I had really bad gas all day :sick::upsidedow Super embarrassing, but DH thinks its a sign. I dont know what kind of sign, but its a sign. Oh, and its snowed here Friday afternoon. It also snowed the day we did DD's transfer... :teacher: Hoping its the same result!

Thanks anyone who got this far! I have pics if anyone wants to see. Some people think its weird so I didn't want to post them yet

Oh..and one more thing...when do you think I can take a home pregnancy test? My blood test is scheduled for the 22nd

Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

I didn't realize how much harder it would be on me this time around. I think just being a few years older, and chasing a 3 1/2 yr old around has really taken its toll. Much more emotional this time around. When we started 6 years ago, we just want a child...to have a family. Anything more is a bonus. We are very greatful & feel very blessed to have DD. I told DH if we happen to get pregant the "normal" way, then obviously we would be so happy. But I don't want to go through this process any more. It makes me mean & sad...thats miserable for all of us. Is that how you felt to? I wonder if that is normal when you have to go thru IVF to have a family.

So Friday went just as planned. Thursday night I went to bed early thinking I would need a good nights sleep, but DD had other plans. She woke me up at midnight. I put her back to bed but then I couldnt fall asleep until 3am. The next morning we dropped her off at Grandma's and visited for a few minutes. I called my voicemail box at the RE office & found out that we were definately on for the the transfer. I thought they were going to leave a vmail telling us how many embyos survived but all it said was "You will have your transfer" So my nerves were up.

We were early to the RE office but they called us back quickly. We were the only procedure scheduled that day so I had the place to myself. The nurse went thru my vitals & my BP was 126/93, which is weird because I am always 120/80. I guess nerves??? I had to have a full bladder & of course the dr was running behind. So they told me I could let a "little" out. Have you ever tried to pee just a "little":laughing:

They brought in pics of our embyos. We had the lab thaw all 4 & choose the best 2. They chose an A & a B. Then said not to worry, they get lots of pregnancies from B's. They also did assisted hatching.

When they took us back for the transfer DH got to see them through the microscope. He told the embriologist (sp?) "They look just like me at that age" :lmao: He cracks me up.

After it was over, I spent the next 2 days at home in bed. By Friday night I was bored to tears. I will never do good at bedrest, if its twins :eek:

So thats my story...lol. Now I am just waiting to feel SOMETHING...anything. Yesterday I had really bad gas all day :sick::upsidedow Super embarrassing, but DH thinks its a sign. I dont know what kind of sign, but its a sign. Oh, and its snowed here Friday afternoon. It also snowed the day we did DD's transfer... :teacher: Hoping its the same result!

Thanks anyone who got this far! I have pics if anyone wants to see. Some people think its weird so I didn't want to post them yet

Oh..and one more thing...when do you think I can take a home pregnancy test? My blood test is scheduled for the 22nd

sorry you had a bit of a rough night before transfer! Sounds like everything else went great! That is really really neat that they allowed your DH to see the embryos through the microscope. I've never ever heard of that!

Of course you were the only transfer and yet they were running late! Don't they know how hard it is to sit there with a full bladder? you're anxious enough!

YESSSSS, I have tried to let a little out. They were running way behind for my first ever transfer and I was a total MESS. My bladder was TOO full and when I went to let some out and tried to stop the flow it BURNED, BURNED, BURNED!!!! I let a little more out and I thought I couldn't stop it! Then I hear the nurse outside the door ask if I was okay and I screamed "it buuuuurns!" And she said, c'mon they're ready! When I got in the room, the u/s showed my bladder was STILL over-full, and I thought "no wonder!" Needless to say, for my 2nd transfer I did not get nearly as full, and they had to catheterize and fill me up! That was no picnic either. LOL

I would say gas is probably a good sign, but that can happen after transfer. ;) Prayers for a sticky beautiful BFP!

I tested 6 days past my "5 day" frozen transfer, so I'd say you would be safe to test then. (were yours frozen at day 5?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter