TTC thread take 2

Well I think it's over for me. A HPT test on 6dp5dt and today at 8dp5dt were both negative. Then today I started bleeding and it's bright red so I don't have too much hope. My first beta was today which they don't call with the results and then I have my second one on Saturday, so I'll have confirmation then.

Of the 9 embryo's that were still progressing at transfer they were able to freeze 3. Our insurance will cover one more IVF cycle so we'll do that before using the frozen ones. Anyway that's my update.

Angel - so sorry about the BFN :hug:
Gabbie - sorry to hear about you and your husband, I pray that you can work things out :hug:

That is just the pits. I really thought this was IT for you! I hope you get a great surprise on Saturday. I hope you are resting. Is the bleeding bad? You're on progesterone, right?

That is actually a typical survival ratio. I'm glad you got 3. Thankfully you have great insurance!!! I know another cycle is hard on the body though. Please let us know what they say on Saturday. My prayers are with you for a miracle.

:sad1:

I haven't posted it anywhere, not even on fb and am not going to until a decision is made.

I'm afraid my username may soon be Gabbiesolo. My marriage may be falling apart due to the big IF.

We've never been able to get back up since the diagnosis. We stopped BDing all together. He complains all the time about every little thing. I need to have my surgery which of course is not covered by insurance.

We don't talk anymore. We don't spend time together anymore. I've cut back my work trips to be with him and he shuts me out. :sad2:

We've both just shut down and I don't know what to do.

:confused3:sad2::sad1:

I knew I wouldn't get judgement from you ladies. I've suggested counseling, he won't go. He thinks it's a sign of weakness.

Gabbie
Oh Gabbie- my heart breaks for you. I don't have any specific advice, since I know each situation is different and it sounds like you are doing all you can do. Have you guys talked about how you have grown apart or what you can do to fix it or is he unwilling to even talk or try? But I am definitely here to listen. Sending you tons of hugs.

Quick update on me - We started stims last weekend and everything has been moving along great so far. We're looking on target for retrieval on Tuesday! So far we have 11-13 good sized follicles, and I am very pleased with that!

Falltime - Can't wait to hear about your beta! Praying and hoping for the best of news!
Great news so far. Thinking good thoughts for Tuesday!

Well AF finally showed up this afternoon now. At least now I can stop thinking "maybe it will still happen" and gear up for the next cycle. It has now been 2.5 years since DH and I threw away the birth control. But, only 3 months since we started fertility treatments.

I go in for a blood draw on Friday morning, then I will start my 5 days of Letrozole. After that I will have another blood draw, then Ovidrel, then the 3rd attempt at IUI. Hopefully this round will work. If not, the RE will move us on to IVF.
So sorry. :hug: I did fertility treatments for about a year before we finally resorted to IVF and got preggo (including 4 mos clomid, 4 IUIs, dye test, lap etc.). Have your other IUIs been with injectables or just clomid? WE did 2 on each. Anyhow, so sorry and hoping you get your BFP next cycle! I am praying for it!

Well I think it's over for me. A HPT test on 6dp5dt and today at 8dp5dt were both negative. Then today I started bleeding and it's bright red so I don't have too much hope. My first beta was today which they don't call with the results and then I have my second one on Saturday, so I'll have confirmation then.

Of the 9 embryo's that were still progressing at transfer they were able to freeze 3. Our insurance will cover one more IVF cycle so we'll do that before using the frozen ones. Anyway that's my update.

Angel - so sorry about the BFN :hug:
Gabbie - sorry to hear about you and your husband, I pray that you can work things out :hug:
I am so sorry, but I am still hoping you might get a good surprise on Saturday. I know it is such a back and forth game, you want to stay positive and hold out hope that maybe, just maybe, but yet you don't want to set yourself up for disappointment either. I hate that part of it. So up and down. It only goes to prove how strong we all are to go through it. So glad your 9 embies are doing so well, that is great news. AT least you might have some frozen embies to use later. I think sticking to a fresh cycle again is good though if insurance covers it!! Keep us posted and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry. :hug: I did fertility treatments for about a year before we finally resorted to IVF and got preggo (including 4 mos clomid, 4 IUIs, dye test, lap etc.). Have your other IUIs been with injectables or just clomid? WE did 2 on each. Anyhow, so sorry and hoping you get your BFP next cycle! I am praying for it!

The only meds the doc has had us use so far are Letrazole and Ovidrel injections. Last time we were in, she said that they do everything in sets of 3. This will be our third IUI. So if it doesn't work, she'll move us on to IVF.

Hang on....praying for the best.

Gabbie, I am so very sorry and hope things turn around. This is such a tough road:hug:

First blood draw and ultrasound today for IUI cycle #3. They said everything looks good. I started my 5 days of Letrazole tonight. I go back on February 5th for another blood draw and ultrasound. At that appointment they will tell me when to take my Ovidrel injections. I am thinking the IUI is going to be around February 7th.

Hi everyone. Sorry, but I have not been on the boards so I hope everyone is doing well.

Well yesterday, we met with my RE & got the results for all our initial testing & bloodwork. The RE basically told us that both my ovaries are small & the egg reserve is low. Also, the left tube may be blocked. RE feels we should skip IUI & go straight for IVF.

Well needless to say I was shocked, as I did not prepare myself for that outcome. Had a total meltdown in his office (and I am not an emotional person at all).

We (DH & I) agree that I want to at least give IUI a chance. So starting with my next cycle RE is prescribing Follistim & Menopur injections.

Has anyone used this combo of drugs? Is there a success rate with IUI? Or am I foolish to want to try IUI & not go straight to IVF? I am so confused right now.

Thanks for listening!! Sending baby dust to everyone!

Vickie, this is only my opinion and nothing more so you certainly don't have to take it, but I think if I were you I would go straight to IVF. I have no blockage good egg count etc etc basically your complete opposite and we are already starting our 3rd round of IUI with no success so far. Basically the procedures are expensive and they are an emotional roller coaster so I would want to just skip straight to whatever the doctor thinks has a better chance of working. Just my 2 cents for whatever its worth. Hugs and babydust to you!

As expected it's a BFN :sad1: - so I am starting the birth control pills this week and moving on to IVF cycle #2. I was extremely pissed off for a couple of days which isn't like me at all as I rarely get mad but I am coming to terms with it and determined to move on.

I am also supposed to schedule a W T F consult with the RE, we have a list of questions for her but one thing we wanted to ask about is assisted hatching - has anybody here had that done?

As expected it's a BFN :sad1: - so I am starting the birth control pills this week and moving on to IVF cycle #2. I was extremely pissed off for a couple of days which isn't like me at all as I rarely get mad but I am coming to terms with it and determined to move on.

I am also supposed to schedule a *** consult with the RE, we have a list of questions for her but one thing we wanted to ask about is assisted hatching - has anybody here had that done?

I am so sorry......We never did assisted hatching when we were going through everything but this time with our surrogate. We figured we had one more shot and were going to do everything. Although we did lose one baby we are just 99 days away.

Vickie, we had decided to go directly to IVF. We were getting very tired and very broke.
This was a about 8 years ago so maybe percentages have risen.

Many hugs Girls.

Partner and I are going to go for IUI#1 sometime this Spring and I'm having the required bloodtests done this Friday, a little bit nervous but also exciting as it feels like we're finally starting :)

I did feel a little bit 'dirty' asking for a chlamydia swap at the reception desk ;-)

Hi everyone. Sorry, but I have not been on the boards so I hope everyone is doing well.

Well yesterday, we met with my RE & got the results for all our initial testing & bloodwork. The RE basically told us that both my ovaries are small & the egg reserve is low. Also, the left tube may be blocked. RE feels we should skip IUI & go straight for IVF.

Well needless to say I was shocked, as I did not prepare myself for that outcome. Had a total meltdown in his office (and I am not an emotional person at all).

We (DH & I) agree that I want to at least give IUI a chance. So starting with my next cycle RE is prescribing Follistim & Menopur injections.

Has anyone used this combo of drugs? Is there a success rate with IUI? Or am I foolish to want to try IUI & not go straight to IVF? I am so confused right now.

Only you have the answer to that. If you feel in your heart you want to try IUI before IVF, by all means do it. However, try to put the emotional part aside and think about why the RE was making those recommendations for you. Maybe get a second opinion from another RE before jumping to IVF if you are uncertain? The problem if you have a blockage is that if you are going to do IUI, your dominant follicles might pop up on the same side as your blockage. That in itself will decrease your chances of fertilization; where IVF will bypass that completely. With that said, IVF is very expensive, depending on your insurance coverage. IUI can save you tons of money so it may be worth a try or two financially to do IUI. IUI is also much less physically straining than going thru the transfer and retrieval process of IVF.
We did 2 injectible/IUI cycles (after many Clomid/IUI cycles) and were on Menopur and Gonal-F both times. Gonal-F is essentially the same as Follistim. We had success on our second cycle with Menopur and Gonal-F. During the 2ww of that cycle, we had decided if it didn't work we were moving on to IVF. I couldn't emotionally handle doing the IUIs anymore and was ready to move on. That was the point that I was ready for IVF. You need to figure out when you are ready for IVF and do it then. Only you and DH can make that decision.
If you have any other questions please ask because we all have been thru these same decisions (especially those of us that still lurk here!) :goodvibes

What vitamin supplements is everyone taking to improve their chances?

I've been on a pre-conception multivitamin for a couple of months now but that's all.

Partner and I are going to go for IUI#1 sometime this Spring and I'm having the required bloodtests done this Friday, a little bit nervous but also exciting as it feels like we're finally starting :)

I did feel a little bit 'dirty' asking for a chlamydia swap at the reception desk ;-)

I wish that was the worst thing you are going to have to ask for during this journey....Good Luck:thumbsup2

First blood draw and ultrasound today for IUI cycle #3. They said everything looks good. I started my 5 days of Letrazole tonight. I go back on February 5th for another blood draw and ultrasound. At that appointment they will tell me when to take my Ovidrel injections. I am thinking the IUI is going to be around February 7th.
Wishing you good thoughts this time around! Glad everything looks good so far. :thumbsup2

That's a tough question. I am so sorry it came as a shock and totally understand the meltdown too. I am the same way, not extremely emotional type person. I am the "strong one" in the family that doesn't cry at the movies etc. But all of this really got me many times. I had a lot of breakdowns. Better htan holding it in. On the IVF......I think I would either get a second opinion or trust his recommendation to go to IVF. Now, if your insurance covers the IUI, then sure, try one. But for me, nothing is covered, so I wouldn't waste my time or money on IUI again. We did 4 IUIs and two of them we did with Follistm and Menopur too. I had great response (great follicles/eggs), but never got pregnant on any of my 4 IUI attempts. I have no known issues (clear tubes etc.)- unexplained. Anyhow- this time around- trying for our second, we are going straight to IVF. It worked the first time for me 5 years ago, after a year of trying other things. We aren't wasting the money on IUIs this time. So really it just depends on if your insurance covers it or not and how you feel. My ins covered two of our IUIs, but not hte other two. The only reason I did the other two is because we had no known issues, and the doc recommend it. Then IVF worked for us the first time. ;)

I am also supposed to schedule a W T F consult with the RE, we have a list of questions for her but one thing we wanted to ask about is assisted hatching - has anybody here had that done?
So sorry!!! Be pissed off. I totally understand. I was so angry many months. I have no knowledge/experience with assisted hatching, so wish I could help!:hug:

Yeah- definitely nerve wracking, but you can do it! Sending pixie dust!!! :woohoo::cheer2::cheer2:

I'm SO sorry!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: I had high hopes for you!

Let us know what the RE says at your meeting. I know how hard that is to even have that follow-up.

Definitely ask about it, they usually do it if the zona (outer shell of egg) is too thick, and it is an extra fee (of course); they should be able to tell you whether it would be a good option for you, now that they have all the information they need from your first IVF

when I asked about it after our first IVF, my Dr said that the embryologist would perform it "if needed"

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in a while.

Things are a little better here. He moved back in. :yay: He has been living at his dads for a couple of weeks. I think his dad pushed him back here. :lmao:

We are still working on things. I got a job part time teaching kids in a nearby school. I work three afternoons a week. Ken was happy about that.

I start this semester and if all goes well, I get to come back this fall!

Our last trip together was Oct. 2010.

I am down tentatively for the food and wine festival in Nov., but we'll see what happens. I may go on Christmas or fall break if I can.

I'm planning a cruise for the summer. Disney, not sure where. Not Bahamas. Too hot. lol

So that's me. What's up with you?

Gabbie

Vickie, this is only my opinion and nothing more so you certainly don't have to take it, but I think if I were you I would go straight to IVF. I have no blockage good egg count etc etc basically your complete opposite and we are already starting our 3rd round of IUI with no success so far. Basically the procedures are expensive and they are an emotional roller coaster so I would want to just skip straight to whatever the doctor thinks has a better chance of working. Just my 2 cents for whatever its worth. Hugs and babydust to you!

Only you have the answer to that. If you feel in your heart you want to try IUI before IVF, by all means do it. However, try to put the emotional part aside and think about why the RE was making those recommendations for you. Maybe get a second opinion from another RE before jumping to IVF if you are uncertain? The problem if you have a blockage is that if you are going to do IUI, your dominant follicles might pop up on the same side as your blockage. That in itself will decrease your chances of fertilization; where IVF will bypass that completely. With that said, IVF is very expensive, depending on your insurance coverage. IUI can save you tons of money so it may be worth a try or two financially to do IUI. IUI is also much less physically straining than going thru the transfer and retrieval process of IVF.
We did 2 injectible/IUI cycles (after many Clomid/IUI cycles) and were on Menopur and Gonal-F both times. Gonal-F is essentially the same as Follistim. We had success on our second cycle with Menopur and Gonal-F. During the 2ww of that cycle, we had decided if it didn't work we were moving on to IVF. I couldn't emotionally handle doing the IUIs anymore and was ready to move on. That was the point that I was ready for IVF. You need to figure out when you are ready for IVF and do it then. Only you and DH can make that decision.
If you have any other questions please ask because we all have been thru these same decisions (especially those of us that still lurk here!) :goodvibes

Wishing you good thoughts this time around! Glad everything looks good so far. :thumbsup2

That's a tough question. I am so sorry it came as a shock and totally understand the meltdown too. I am the same way, not extremely emotional type person. I am the "strong one" in the family that doesn't cry at the movies etc. But all of this really got me many times. I had a lot of breakdowns. Better htan holding it in. On the IVF......I think I would either get a second opinion or trust his recommendation to go to IVF. Now, if your insurance covers the IUI, then sure, try one. But for me, nothing is covered, so I wouldn't waste my time or money on IUI again. We did 4 IUIs and two of them we did with Follistm and Menopur too. I had great response (great follicles/eggs), but never got pregnant on any of my 4 IUI attempts. I have no known issues (clear tubes etc.)- unexplained. Anyhow- this time around- trying for our second, we are going straight to IVF. It worked the first time for me 5 years ago, after a year of trying other things. We aren't wasting the money on IUIs this time. So really it just depends on if your insurance covers it or not and how you feel. My ins covered two of our IUIs, but not hte other two. The only reason I did the other two is because we had no known issues, and the doc recommend it. Then IVF worked for us the first time. ;)

:)Thank you all for your responses. I think that my head is clearer now (than Friday when I was in shock & I also think denial). I think that I am more afraid of the unknown with the IVF & the actual medical procedure. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I just did not research IVF enough yet as I did not prepare myself for that response from the RE. This is all so overwhelming. I am in the process of checking with my insurance for what is covered.

Also, thank you for sharing all of your stories. It really does help to try to get a grip on this next journey. Everyone here is very caring & supporting & I really mean that. So thanks!

We (DH & I) are still discussing the options. In my heart, I have to give IUI at least one chance. It is just a gut feeling, I just hope it is the right one. I just want my daughter to have a sibling.

Thanks for listening. Have a great day everyone!!

IUI #1 didn't work. :sad2: I'm not surprised since it was the first time and it was done the day before ovulation instead of the day of. Hopefully the second try will work. I'm not convinced that we'll be able to try it in February because I might be ovulating on a weekend, but hopefully it will work out.

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in a while.

Things are a little better here. He moved back in. :yay: He has been living at his dads for a couple of weeks. I think his dad pushed him back here. :lmao:

We are still working on things. I got a job part time teaching kids in a nearby school. I work three afternoons a week. Ken was happy about that.

I start this semester and if all goes well, I get to come back this fall!

Our last trip together was Oct. 2010.

I am down tentatively for the food and wine festival in Nov., but we'll see what happens. I may go on Christmas or fall break if I can.

I'm planning a cruise for the summer. Disney, not sure where. Not Bahamas. Too hot. lol

So that's me. What's up with you?

Gabbie
That is great he moved back in and congrats on the job too! Sounds like maybe things are looking up some? I hope so! We are booked for November 8-17th - for the last weekend of the F&W, plus one of the early MVMCP parties! We were just there in Oct for our first F&W and loved it!!

:)Thank you all for your responses. I think that my head is clearer now (than Friday when I was in shock & I also think denial). I think that I am more afraid of the unknown with the IVF & the actual medical procedure. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I just did not research IVF enough yet as I did not prepare myself for that response from the RE. This is all so overwhelming. I am in the process of checking with my insurance for what is covered.

Also, thank you for sharing all of your stories. It really does help to try to get a grip on this next journey. Everyone here is very caring & supporting & I really mean that. So thanks!

We (DH & I) are still discussing the options. In my heart, I have to give IUI at least one chance. It is just a gut feeling, I just hope it is the right one. I just want my daughter to have a sibling.

Thanks for listening. Have a great day everyone!!
You follow your heart then! Doing an IUI isn't going to hurt anything. And hopefully it can be the final step on your journey! I know the feeling, i so badly want to give my DS4 a sibling. I have two amazing sisters and we are best friends. I want him to have that too. IVF can be scary and it is definitely a lot of info to take in. I found the most info and advice really online through message boards like this. It was so helpful to understand what I should be looking for, question to ask etc. Things I wouldn't have known otherwise. You really have to educate yourself and be your own advocate in these situations. I hope all goes well- keep us posted! :hug:

IUI #1 didn't work. :sad2: I'm not surprised since it was the first time and it was done the day before ovulation instead of the day of. Hopefully the second try will work. I'm not convinced that we'll be able to try it in February because I might be ovulating on a weekend, but hopefully it will work out.
I am so sorry!!!!! :grouphug: I hope your second try goes better and I think the timing is key here, so if they can't get the timing right, I think that is your first issue. It really is all about timing. I sometimes wonder how the general public gets pregnant at all-so many things have to go just right at the right time and the window is short. Hopefully the timing is perfect for you now and on a weekday- didn't you say your clinic/doc isn't open on weekends? If you can move to an RE, that problem will be solved usually, but I know you said you had some circumstances or something around doing that? I had a friend that had her IUI on Thanksgiving day actually. They always had a nurse on standby for things like that, even on holidays. They joked about how they could have just used the turkey baster at home instead that day! ;)

I'm so sorry, and I hope it works out for February! Are you using OPK's to detect ovulation or are they monitoring you? I didn't like OPK's because they just didn't work well for me. I also think my ovulation happened closer to the 36-48 hour mark after positive OPK rather than 24-36 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter