TTC thread take 2

Well I wasn't quite ready for the egg retrieval today so it's scheduled for tomorrow. The u/s tech was really pleased with my follicles yesterday and I triggered last night. I am more scared and nervous since this will my first IVF and not quite knowing how I am going to feel afterward. DH even told me last night that he is nervous too given our past 2 miscarriages with IUI. Anyway just trying to take it one day at a time and I am glad that all the shots are done with yeah!!! I hope I can just get a good night's sleep tonight.

Sending lots of baby dust!!

Thanks for all the prayers and support it really mean a lot! Since those of you here are the only others who know besides the RE's office and my DH. The egg retrieval went well I had 13 eggs retrieved on Friday the 13th, how lucky is that??? I am pretty sore and crampy still and my heating pad has become my best friend. I didn't sleep well last night as I don't normally sleep on by back and it was way too uncomfortable to try laying on my sides and I didn't even try laying on my stomach. The RE did give me an Rx for hydrocodone so that has helped too.

As for the good news: the office called me back this morning and 12 of the 13 eggs fertilized!!! :cool1: :banana::dance3::yay:
The most they will allow us to transfer is 3 so that is the plan since I am older and if it doesn't work this time I am happy that we are going to have some extras. Now we are just waiting to find out the quality of the embryos and whether it will be a 3 or 5 day transfer.

As to your question about the progesterone I am taking the pill form (endometrin) placed you know where morning and night. When I had my IUI's I had the messy suppositories. These ones are much better and I am glad it's not the shot ones as I have been poked enough these past few weeks.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the Holiday weekend!

So glad to hear that things are going well so far!! I'll be praying for your embies! 13 on the 13th. Lucky indeed :goodvibes

I'm back from my trip!!! :banana:

It was a nice, quiet trip...no drama. For once. lol

I tried Akershus and Jiko; both of which I :lovestruc. Le Cellier; big :headache:

DId lots of new things and fell in love with baby cakes!

Glad to see everyone again!

Gabbie

Glad you had a good time! DH and I didn't like Le Cellier either.

AFM ~ DH's Urologist appointment is tomorrow. Praying for some blood work and hopefully ultimately a prescription for something that may help our situation.

Thanks for all the prayers and support it really mean a lot! Since those of you here are the only others who know besides the RE's office and my DH. The egg retrieval went well I had 13 eggs retrieved on Friday the 13th, how lucky is that??? I am pretty sore and crampy still and my heating pad has become my best friend. I didn't sleep well last night as I don't normally sleep on by back and it was way too uncomfortable to try laying on my sides and I didn't even try laying on my stomach. The RE did give me an Rx for hydrocodone so that has helped too.

As for the good news: the office called me back this morning and 12 of the 13 eggs fertilized!!! :cool1: :banana::dance3::yay:
The most they will allow us to transfer is 3 so that is the plan since I am older and if it doesn't work this time I am happy that we are going to have some extras. Now we are just waiting to find out the quality of the embryos and whether it will be a 3 or 5 day transfer.

As to your question about the progesterone I am taking the pill form (endometrin) placed you know where morning and night. When I had my IUI's I had the messy suppositories. These ones are much better and I am glad it's not the shot ones as I have been poked enough these past few weeks.

Wow, that is AWESOME! Huge Congrats! Keep relaxing and resting. oh yuck on the suppositories- i've heard they can be pretty messy. You know they are bad when i've heard of people choosing the shot over them. LOL! The pill sounds much easier. I'll definitely request that then next time! I bet you are so tired of being poked at. But hopefully only a few more pokes and you are all done! Sending up prayers and pixie dust for your little embies!:wizard:

I only lurke here from time to time but I wanted to wish you luck! We had 13 eggs retrieved on Friday the 13th as well and now have 2 two year old boys.

I am jealous for those of you that had the option to take progesterone any other way but injection form. I took progesterone shots until I was 12 weeks pregnant! I just knew my buttocks would never be the same!
Wow, crazy on all the Friday the 13th luck! OUCh, so sorry you had to go all 12 weeks. Those things are killer. Just goes to show how strong we are though!

Not sure if you remember me, but I still lurk here as well. We had our successful IUI on Friday the 13th in May. Friday the 13th is a lucky day!!! Best of luck on your transfer and 2ww!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I tried Akershus and Jiko; both of which I :lovestruc. Le Cellier; big :headache:

Gabbie
Welcome home! We are trying JIKO in November for the first time. I've been dying to try it. The only thing I need to figure out is if we do a nice adult only dinner and put my DS4 in the kids club or if we bring him along. We are taking my parents with us. I am leaning towards trying the Kids Club, since I think he would have a ball there anyhow. Love Le Cellier too! I haven't tried baby cakes yet, but have seen it- what did you have?

I spoke too soon on the pill inserts of the progesterone after about 10-11 hours it comes out too in a sticky white mess. I am taking them morning and night.

I got a call back today on the embies. They grade them 1-3 with 1 being the best. I have:
1 at grade 1, 8 cell
3 at grade 2, 7 cell
7 at grade 2, 8 cell
1 at grade 2, 9 cell
and none at grade 3

So looking good so far. The RE told me probably only 1/2 of them would make it. They decided it would be best to do a 5 day transfer rather than coming in today for the 3 day transfer. So have a few more days to wait.

Yeah on all the Friday the 13th babies! Hopefully it's lucky for me too!

Ugh! I am 6dpiui and I hate it! The 2ww is so frustrating! I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me, over analyzing every little odd feeling!

Not sure if you remember me, but I still lurk here as well. We had our successful IUI on Friday the 13th in May. Friday the 13th is a lucky day!!! Best of luck on your transfer and 2ww!

I lurk all the time, but I can't thank you (and everyone else) enough for posting your Friday the 13th success story! I did my first iui with donor sperm on Friday and have been worrying about the timing of it. Not so much because of the date, but because I wasn't supposed to ovulate until Saturday, but my doctor doesn't have weekend hours (he's just my regular ob/gyn...it's a long story).

So thanks!

Wow, that is AWESOME! Huge Congrats! Keep relaxing and resting. oh yuck on the suppositories- i've heard they can be pretty messy. You know they are bad when i've heard of people choosing the shot over them. LOL! The pill sounds much easier. I'll definitely request that then next time! I bet you are so tired of being poked at. But hopefully only a few more pokes and you are all done! Sending up prayers and pixie dust for your little embies!:wizard:

Wow, crazy on all the Friday the 13th luck! OUCh, so sorry you had to go all 12 weeks. Those things are killer. Just goes to show how strong we are though!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Welcome home! We are trying JIKO in November for the first time. I've been dying to try it. The only thing I need to figure out is if we do a nice adult only dinner and put my DS4 in the kids club or if we bring him along. We are taking my parents with us. I am leaning towards trying the Kids Club, since I think he would have a ball there anyhow. Love Le Cellier too! I haven't tried baby cakes yet, but have seen it- what did you have?

It's not what did I try, but what didn't I try?! :rotfl2:

I ate cupcakes; red velvet, cookies, vanilla, carrot, and other things I can't remember.

Babycakes is awesome!!!! It's sugar free, dairy free, fat free, gluten free, not taste free tho. It is awesome!!!!!! I highly recommend it!

Here's my list of my favorites to help you on your way:

Jiko....the kids menu is amazing!!!! Your son would love it! Delish steak, mac and cheese, carrots, apple juice and strawberries all for 12.00. Good portions too.

Akershus. Amazing!!!!! Very allergy friendly. :love: They made me potato hash browns sans onions. The princesses are terrific!

Crystal Palace....always a winner! Great characters and food.

Via Napoli....wonderful pizza. :lovestruc Even though I didn't eat this time there, I still love it.

Toy Story Pizza Planet. Very good! Cheese pizza, grapes, carrots, applesauce, apple juice, all for 5.49 on the kids meal. Almost as good as Via Napoli, imo.

House of Blues. Good kids and adult menu. Fun atmosphere and good food

Cookes of Dublin. Next door to Raglan Road. Just as good as Raglan Road and cheap! The kids meal is great; fish plank with fries for 5.99 I think.

Im going back twice more this year as far as I know and will have more recommendations!

I had vicodin too, but not til I called them with tremendous pain! I know exactly what you mean. Ouch! But so worth it in the end!

I am sooooo glad everything went so well!

I only lurke here from time to time but I wanted to wish you luck! We had 13 eggs retrieved on Friday the 13th as well and now have 2 two year old boys.

I am jealous for those of you that had the option to take progesterone any other way but injection form. I took progesterone shots until I was 12 weeks pregnant! I just knew my buttocks would never be the same!

ah look at that, what an awesome story!!!!!

I took mine til 11 weeks (last Fri) and I agree, I definitely don't think my butt will ever be the same. LOL But for my baby, I'll take it :lovestruc

My left upper cheek was kinda numb for a while actually! I still don't have full feeling back!

Gabbie

I love Le Cellier. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. I can't even imagine! What did you eat?

I spoke too soon on the pill inserts of the progesterone after about 10-11 hours it comes out too in a sticky white mess. I am taking them morning and night.

I got a call back today on the embies. They grade them 1-3 with 1 being the best. I have:
1 at grade 1, 8 cell
3 at grade 2, 7 cell
7 at grade 2, 8 cell
1 at grade 2, 9 cell
and none at grade 3

So looking good so far. The RE told me probably only 1/2 of them would make it. They decided it would be best to do a 5 day transfer rather than coming in today for the 3 day transfer. So have a few more days to wait.

The report is so great! 5 day is just wonderful. At my clinic they ONLY do a 3 day transfer when there is a low chance of enough embryos making it to day 5. (and my 3 day transfers didn't work with my craptastic eggs) So for me, 3dt holds a negative connotation.

How are you feeling? I'm so excited for your transfer tomorrow!

I lurk all the time, but I can't thank you (and everyone else) enough for posting your Friday the 13th success story! I did my first iui with donor sperm on Friday and have been worrying about the timing of it. Not so much because of the date, but because I wasn't supposed to ovulate until Saturday, but my doctor doesn't have weekend hours (he's just my regular ob/gyn...it's a long story).

So thanks!

Awesome! Good luck!! How frustrating on the office hours!

It's not what did I try, but what didn't I try?! :rotfl2:

I ate cupcakes; red velvet, cookies, vanilla, carrot, and other things I can't remember.

Babycakes is awesome!!!! It's sugar free, dairy free, fat free, gluten free, not taste free tho. It is awesome!!!!!! I highly recommend it!

Here's my list of my favorites to help you on your way:

Jiko....the kids menu is amazing!!!! Your son would love it! Delish steak, mac and cheese, carrots, apple juice and strawberries all for 12.00. Good portions too.

Akershus. Amazing!!!!! Very allergy friendly. :love: They made me potato hash browns sans onions. The princesses are terrific!

Crystal Palace....always a winner! Great characters and food.

Via Napoli....wonderful pizza. :lovestruc Even though I didn't eat this time there, I still love it.

Toy Story Pizza Planet. Very good! Cheese pizza, grapes, carrots, applesauce, apple juice, all for 5.49 on the kids meal. Almost as good as Via Napoli, imo.

House of Blues. Good kids and adult menu. Fun atmosphere and good food

Cookes of Dublin. Next door to Raglan Road. Just as good as Raglan Road and cheap! The kids meal is great; fish plank with fries for 5.99 I think.

Im going back twice more this year as far as I know and will have more recommendations!
We've seen and read about Babycakes, but hadn't tried it yet, DH would probably enjoy it! We LOVE CP, it is a tradition to always do breakfast there. I think I've done it every trip in the past 10 years, no fail! We just have to figure if we want to bring my son to JIKO or not. he is usually pretty behaved at meals and would love seeing the AKL, so we might just bring him along. I already know i am having the filet with mac and cheese. I hear they have a corn risotto now with it though and you have to special request the mac and cheese! I hate when they change menus! Via Napoli is a favorite of ours too- we've done it the past two years, can't beat their pizza! Thanks for all the recommendations- i need to try the other DTD stuff, i did HoB when i worked at Disney, but haven't tried Raglan Road. Paradiso is also on our list. WE LOVE Earle, so we tend to always end up at Earle. :rotfl:;)

1 at grade 1, 8 cell
3 at grade 2, 7 cell
7 at grade 2, 8 cell
1 at grade 2, 9 cell
and none at grade 3

Wow that is an awesome report! Your little embies are doing fantastic! Half is great. Hopefully you will have some to freeze then. I did a 5 day and I know there is a lot of debate about whether a 3d or 5d is better. I obviously am a 5d fan since that worked for us! lol! I figure it they can make it that long in the lab, then your chances are pretty good- all they have to do is stick! So sending you sticky thoughts and prayers for Friday! :grouphug::grouphug::cheer2::cheer2:

Ugh! I am 6dpiui and I hate it! The 2ww is so frustrating! I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me, over analyzing every little odd feeling!
So sorry, i hate the 2WW. hang in there, you are almost half way there! The over-analyzing of symptoms is annoying too- we all do it.

So thanks!
Welcome!! Wishing you the best of luck iwth your IUI!!! Pixie dust!!

Hey Girls

I am enjoying the last of my "princess" days as my Dr refers to them before I am allowed to return back to work tomorrow. The transfer yesterday went great. We had 2 blastocysts and when we consulted with the Dr before the transfer and told her we wanted to transfer 3 the lab checked for the next best one and one more had reached the blastocyst stage since just that morning when they had last checked. So far all of the embryos were still progressing on Day 5 which the Dr was really surprised with the large percentage that fertilized and that all were continuing to develop. So I hope that means good news! Now I just have to wait until next Saturday when I get the blood test to know if it worked.

So sorry, i hate the 2WW. hang in there, you are almost half way there! The over-analyzing of symptoms is annoying too- we all do it.

Thanks! You're right, getting close to the end of the countdown. I wish I could speed up time!!!

1 at grade 1, 8 cell
3 at grade 2, 7 cell
7 at grade 2, 8 cell
1 at grade 2, 9 cell
and none at grade 3

Great news...just 2 more days to hang on:cloud9:

Hey Girls

I am enjoying the last of my "princess" days as my Dr refers to them before I am allowed to return back to work tomorrow. The transfer yesterday went great. We had 2 blastocysts and when we consulted with the Dr before the transfer and told her we wanted to transfer 3 the lab checked for the next best one and one more had reached the blastocyst stage since just that morning when they had last checked. So far all of the embryos were still progressing on Day 5 which the Dr was really surprised with the large percentage that fertilized and that all were continuing to develop. So I hope that means good news! Now I just have to wait until next Saturday when I get the blood test to know if it worked.

Praying for you!!! :goodvibes

Hey Girls

Excellent news! I hope those babies stick for you!:cloud9:

I had my suppression check yesterday & it went great. I feel much better about all of this...my nerves were getting the best of me. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hey Girls

Wow, more awesome news. Two blasts are great, but three- AMAZING!!! Surely that is a sign of good things to come. So you put in 3 blasts? :wizard: Sending prayers, pixie dust, hugs, sticky thoughts and anything else that will help! Hoping your wait won't be too long. That is just such a great report!!!!!! Love the princess days too. ;)

Excellent news! I hope those babies stick for you!:cloud9:

I had my suppression check yesterday & it went great. I feel much better about all of this...my nerves were getting the best of me. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Yeah for a great check! :wizard:

Hey Girls

sounds wonderful! I have a great feeling for you. Will you take a hpt at home before the blood test?

Hey Girls

Can't wait to hear some good news!!!! Baby dust coming your way.

I know I'm not on here a lot but I wanted to give an update on DH's urology appointment since I heard from his doctor yesterday.

Doctor called me yesterday and said a few of DH's hormone levels are off but the biggest one is testosterone. The low side of normal is 225 and DH is at 154 so he thinks DH would benefit from taking a low dose of Clomid. He will be taking half a tablet (so a total of 25mg) every other day. Doctor wants DH to go back in 4 weeks to get his testosterone re-checked to make sure the Clomid is helping or see if they need to alter the dosage any and then after 3 months of taking it he will go back again to do another SA to see if there's any improvement in his sperm. I'm so glad to have this news before we go on vacation. I'm praying hard that we get pregnant in the 3 months DH is taking the Clomid and we won't have to entertain the idea of going back to see my RE. Please keep saying prayers for us ladies. So far, God is listening :D

Wow, more awesome news. Two blasts are great, but three- AMAZING!!! Surely that is a sign of good things to come. So you put in 3 blasts? :wizard: Sending prayers, pixie dust, hugs, sticky thoughts and anything else that will help! Hoping your wait won't be too long. That is just such a great report!!!!!! Love the princess days too. ;)

Thanks! Yep 3! My RE said if I was 32 years old she would only do 2 but since I am 38 she was perfectly fine with transferring 3. I will be testing before the blood work as I am too impatient to wait until next Saturday.

Those of you have gone through IVF isn't the no BDing for almost a month torturous??? my DH is going stircrazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter