TSI Paint Brushs?

kmk1180

"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World.
I read someone talking about them and wanting to find them right at opening.
Why? What's the deal?

If you find one you get a prize. Usually a FP to BTMRR.

I read someone talking about them and wanting to find them right at opening.
Why? What's the deal?

The first raft to Tom Sawyer Island is at 10 AM. If you find a paintbrush on the island, you turn it in to the raft operator and he'll give you a special fastpass that's good for your group to ride Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It is common courtesy to only retrieve one paintbrush per family -- if your group finds more than one, put the extras back where you found them. In the past the raft operator didn't say this, but when we were there at the end of January he did mention it explicity - apparently, too many families have been abusing the privilege by gathering all or most of the paintbrushes themselves.

David

Ooo neat. So you got to TSI and there are hidden PBs? Do you thin there will be some left after about 12:00? We get there at like 11. :rolleyes1 I know, we're in Disney but, hey, it's our vacation, might as well relax. :cloud9:

Ooo neat. So you got to TSI and there are hidden PBs? Do you thin there will be some left after about 12:00? We get there at like 11. :rolleyes1 I know, we're in Disney but, hey, it's our vacation, might as well relax. :cloud9:

When are you going? Arriving at MK at 11 AM is a sure recipe for very long waits in line.

As to your specific question... it's possible a paintbrush might remain hidden at noon, but extremely unlikely. Had you asked me this question before our January trip, I would have said no -- it's not possible. But on our Jan trip the raft operator told us he had only hidden two paintbrushes that morning... yet we found three. Therefore there must have been one left over from a previous day. (Yes, we did put two back where we found them.)

David

We are going in Sept. when we usually go. If this helps to know how many PBs are left: SM wait=10 min. So what do you think?

Just a little FYI - we just returned from our trip 2/4-2/10 and my dd found several paintbrushes, but kept one. Try to take a flashlight with you because the day we were there they hid all but one in the caves and in the fort and it was very dark and hard to see. Here is a picture of what they look like:

100_0521.jpg

and a picture of the fast pass you get to use for any ride you want:

100_0525.jpg

Also, we were at MK on a very slow day. We were on the first raft over to the island and all of the paintbrushes were found by the time the 2nd raft arrived. It was chaos with families running all over the place.

Good luck to those of you going soon!

a picture of the fast pass you get to use for any ride you want:

100_0525.jpg

<<That's new.

I wonder if they have made a change or if they just temporarily ran out of the "regular" Paintbrush FP Certificates >>

TSI-PaintBrush-FP.jpg

It's really interesting to find a paintbrush. We are going again this year, we are excited about it.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

If you find a paintbrush be sure to go to the fence between Harper's Mill and Aunt Polly's Dockside Diner(Vending Machines:) ) and take a picture "painting" the fence.It makes a GREAT "vacation memories" picture.:)

<<That's new.

I wonder if they have made a change or if they just temporarily ran out of the "regular" Paintbrush FP Certificates >>

TSI-PaintBrush-FP.jpg

When we were there at the end of January, they were still using the "regular" one, good at Splash and Big Thunder. However, I have heard about the "other" one, which is good at any MK attraction -- I just hadn't seen one. Apparently they are occasionally given out instead of the regular one. I guess this is just a roundabout way of saying I don't think they're new. They've been around for a while, but they're not used often.

David

This is pretty cool. My DS, 9, is now really excited about giving this a try. What time do you need to line up to be on the first raft over to TSI?

We found one on April 1st, and the we got the generic "attraction" fastpass. It worked out great for us. We were able to use it for the Fairies in toontown. A 90 minute wait only took us 10 with the pass. :banana:

there is a fastpass line for the Fairies? If so, I was unaware of this. The princesses, too?

No, not really, but the ticket shown in a previous post says good for one "attraction". I took a chance and tried it for the fairies, and it worked. They took us in the exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter