Tshirts & Magnets Finished - Ready to Cruise!

lakeeter

Earning My Ears
I'm now completely exhausted, but we're ready to go now that all the t-shirts and magnets are completed.:dance3:

We're having a bon voyage dinner with our 4 traveling companions tonight and will surprise them with their goodie bags, shirts and magnets.

Counting down until the Magic Cruise next Saturday -- wahoo!!!:cool1:

Here's all the designs...hope this isn't too big a list -

Thanks,
Lisa

IMG_0567-1.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

You've put a grin on my face from ear to ear! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. You did a great job on everything. Have a terrific time!

I like them all! :cool1: (And now I finally get it that I need to use light transfers and WHITE tees for the designs with text above/below. I was wondering how it would work with a dark transfer - cutting out all that "white".)

How'd you do the magnets - buy a big block of magnet with double sided tape and just use regular printing paper or what?

thanks for sharing and bon voyage.

I love the "cruisin w/my peeps". Who disigned that one? Great shirts and magnets, I'm sure ya'll will have a blast!!

I like them all! :cool1: (And now I finally get it that I need to use light transfers and WHITE tees for the designs with text above/below. I was wondering how it would work with a dark transfer - cutting out all that "white".)

How'd you do the magnets - buy a big block of magnet with double sided tape and just use regular printing paper or what?

thanks for sharing and bon voyage.

Hi -
We printed out the designs on normal paper and then Linda took them to work and laminated them. Then we went to Michaels and purchased a big roll of magnetic tape and cut out little corners and put them on the laminated paper. Worked great and was WAY cheaper than the magnetic paper, which is what we were thinking about doing.

Thanks for the bon voyage!

Lisa

I love the "cruisin w/my peeps". Who disigned that one? Great shirts and magnets, I'm sure ya'll will have a blast!!

Hi -

I designed the cruisin' with my peeps :) I call all of my buddies "peeps" and when I found that little duck face, I decided he was as close to being a peep as I could find and built my design around that. We gave the tshirts to our friends tonight and they LOVED them. We're all going to wear them when we board the ship on Saturday, so I'll take a photo and post it, I promise!

Lisa

You've put a grin on my face from ear to ear! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. You did a great job on everything. Have a terrific time!

Kari,
Your artwork was an inspiration for everything. I really admire your work so much! Our friends loved the shirts and had a great time picking out the magnets off of the door tonight. They took so many that Linda and I might have to make some more for us! :lmao:

Thanks again for everything!

Lisa:surfweb:

Hi -
We printed out the designs on normal paper and then Linda took them to work and laminated them. Then we went to Michaels and purchased a big roll of magnetic tape and cut out little corners and put them on the laminated paper. Worked great and was WAY cheaper than the magnetic paper, which is what we were thinking about doing.

Thanks for the bon voyage!

Lisa

VERY CLEVER Lisa! Thanks for sharing!

Hi -

I designed the cruisin' with my peeps :) I call all of my buddies "peeps" and when I found that little duck face, I decided he was as close to being a peep as I could find and built my design around that. We gave the tshirts to our friends tonight and they LOVED them. We're all going to wear them when we board the ship on Saturday, so I'll take a photo and post it, I promise!

Lisa

Your shirts look great.

I tried doing the 3 Mickey one and they kept "bleeding" when I tried to wash and dry them to "set" the design (did the vinegar wash and everything). How did you keep yours from "bleeding"?

TIA

Your shirts look great.

I tried doing the 3 Mickey one and they kept "bleeding" when I tried to wash and dry them to "set" the design (did the vinegar wash and everything). How did you keep yours from "bleeding"?

TIA

What brand of transfer paper did you use? This shirt was made with the name brand - I think Avery or one of those. I don't know if that made any difference, but the paper I bought half price from AC Moore was terrible. I was so disappointed in the quality of those after I did the vinegar wash and regular wash. They faded out and I didn't like them at all. I wish I knew what made yours bleed. I didn't have that problem, just the fading issue.

Lisa

What brand of transfer paper did you use? This shirt was made with the name brand - I think Avery or one of those. I don't know if that made any difference, but the paper I bought half price from AC Moore was terrible. I was so disappointed in the quality of those after I did the vinegar wash and regular wash. They faded out and I didn't like them at all. I wish I knew what made yours bleed. I didn't have that problem, just the fading issue.

Lisa

I used Avery. I've done three all the way through and each one bled. I have 10 sitting here all done but the final wash and dry and I am afraid to try it again and ruin 10 of them.

I did a cold water vingar wash and low on the dryer. What dryer setting did you use? for that matter how long did you wash them, I did the perma press wash.

Again, TIA.

I used Avery. I've done three all the way through and each one bled. I have 10 sitting here all done but the final wash and dry and I am afraid to try it again and ruin 10 of them.

I did a cold water vingar wash and low on the dryer. What dryer setting did you use? for that matter how long did you wash them, I did the perma press wash.

Again, TIA.

I don't have too many fancy settings on my washer or dryer -- they are so old! I cold water/vinegar washed for about 10 minutes, washed them again in regular detergent, then dried them for about 45 minutes or until they were dry.

Hope that helps -
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter