TSA carry-on restrictions for Epi Pens??

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
Possibly a silly question but I'm just curious. Bringing an Epi Pen for the first time - are there any restrictions for those when you fly? Does it need to go in our checked luggage or can it be in my carry-on?? TIA

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/specialneeds/editorial_1374.shtm#4

From the above -
All medications in any form or type (for instance, pills, injectables, or homeopathic) and associated supplies (syringes, Sharps disposal container, pre-loaded syringes, jet injectors, pens, infusers, etc.) are allowed through the security checkpoint once they have been screened. Atropens, an auto-injection system that can help treat many emergency conditions (low heart rate, breathing problems, and excess saliva related to insecticide, nerve gas or mushroom poisoning) are also allowed.

We do not require that your medications be labeled.

I would put any medications including the epi pen in a separate ziplock and mark it with your name.

Best not to put anything of value especially medicines you depend on in your checked bags.

No way would I ever check any medication. I travel with a Victoza pen for my diabetes. I just put it and it's needles in a clear ziplock and place it in a bin with my 3-1-1 bag. My mom travels with a couple of vials of insulin and syringes. She puts her insulin in an insulated lunch bag with a couple frozen blue ice thingys, which she has in a zip lock. When she gets to the airport, she pulls the zip lock with the frozen blue ice thingys out and puts them in a bin with her insulin and needles (which she has in separate zip locks). Neither of us have ever had a problem.

Our daughter travels all the time and takes an epi-pen with her all the time. She has never had any trouble. She makes sure that it is in the box and the prescription label is on it. She actually has never taken it out of her carry-on, she just informs the security people that she has an epi-pen in the bag and has never had any trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter