• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TS - which restaurants you have on your to return to list?

sMy post
Do you have any TS that you keep going back to?

The reply
Each poster will have their own individual list. Preferences, likes and dislikes are all very personal.

My response
That's why I asked about what TS you keep going back to, and not for suggestions what should I go to, right?

PP didn't deserve the reply that was given. It's certainly fair to start a thread with something like "Please just give restaurants, and not stray into other types of advice." Or better yet, just ignore posts that get into well-intentioned advice that just wasn't what you wanted. But you said "not suggestions what I should go to" - even though almost every single post here is intended as exactly that..

I don't mind advice at all actually. But Gary - where do you see advice in the comment I responded to? Even my son knows since toddler that he only like pizza crust and his friend likes pepperoni pizza! He loves sushi and his friend likes burgers. Of course I know that people have individual lists and preferences and not all agree. Everybody knows that!

In my opinion assuming that I don't know that people have different likes and dislike is not remotely helpful. Or accurate. Or realistic. Or in any way can be called advice. It reads as - "why you bother asking which TS people go back to, everybody have different opinions anyway. Your post is pointless you will get different answers"

That's what I took out of the response - not any advice and that's why responded actually I am well aware that they are all different and I interested in what different people go back to.

Last edited:
I'll repeat HBD at DHS not because I recommend it, but because it's the only one there I really like, though with menu changes, I'm no longer sure about that. I'll repeat a couple others at DHS out of boredom.

Conversely, there are several restaurants that I've had good experiences at and would certainly suggest, but that I don't repeat. Mostly at the resorts, and the inconvenience is the main reason.

Come to think of it, the only restaurant on our upcoming trip that we're planning on repeating because I like it is Mythos at USO. The only WDW repeats on our upcoming trip are because DH requested them, combined with DHS having such a poor selection.

Oh, did they change the menu much? HBD was our favourite meal last time! Actually I didn't think of it - repeats due to convenience and not how much were they enjoyed, or good but inconvenient. Good point.

Can we please leave the personal and critical replies to each other and move on to food talk

:)

In no real order:
Teppan Edo
Rose & Crown
Hollywood Brown Derby (this is the one we return to every year)
Tutto Italia
Marrakesh
Big River Grille (only if staying at BWV or BCV - it's our traditional check-in day lunch)

She didn't ask for favorites, either. She asked for repeats. I have repeats that aren't favorites and that I wouldn't recommend except under specific circumstances.

You're right. She specifically said repeats, not favourites. It was up to you as to whether or not you want to tell her why they are repeats. Remember she didn't ask for reasons. That choice was up to you. Personally, I think of repeats as restaurants that I enjoy or are must do's. Which reminds me.....

San Angel is another "repeat" that we enjoy. :)

Some of the places we always go back to:
Kimonos (Swan)...we go here the first night we check in as a tradition now! :)
Starring Rolls (DHS)...Just for the Butterfinger Cupcake!
Via Nappoli...Love the Pizza
Splitsville...We do this everytime as a family friendly bowling competition!

Biergarten- must-do. No exceptions!
Boma dinner
Trail's End breakfast
Cape May dinner
'Ohana dinner
Teppan Edo

1900 Park Fare for Breakfast. I love Alice and the Mad Hatter. The character interactions here are top shelf. The food is also at least 2 steps above that at any other character meal we have ever eaten at. The Grand Floridian does set a high mark. The dishes are done often and in small batches and are always fresh. (unlike the 25 pound pans of fake eggs we encountered at Chef Mickey's)

sMy post

I don't mind advice at all actually. But Gary - where do you see advice in the comment I responded to? Even my son knows since toddler that he only like pizza crust and his friend likes pepperoni pizza! He loves sushi and his friend likes burgers. Of course I know that people have individual lists and preferences and not all agree. Everybody knows that!

In my opinion assuming that I don't know that people have different likes and dislike is not remotely helpful. Or accurate. Or realistic. Or in any way can be called advice. It reads as - "why you bother asking which TS people go back to, everybody have different opinions anyway. Your post is pointless you will get different answers"

That's what I took out of the response - not any advice and that's why responded actually I am well aware that they are all different and I interested in what different people go back to.

I find the above bolded statement to be rude, harsh and unnecessary. I am sorry you were sensitive enough to interpret my thought in such a negative way - it was not intended as such. But this comment is uncalled for.

Each poster will have their own individual list. Preferences, likes and dislikes are all very personal.

I find the above bolded statement to be rude, harsh and unnecessary. I am sorry you were sensitive enough to interpret my thought in such a negative way - it was not intended as such. But this comment is uncalled for.

Right back at you! That's exactly what I think about your comment. I simply asked what restaurants others are going back to. It's completely unnecessary and uncalled for to be so patronizing and state something so obvious, without taking the time to state anything else as perhaps what you like or anything else at all. Unless you think that it is possible that a grown adult doesn't realize that preferences are personal?

No need to answer, I have nothing more to add - unless we go back to the topic the original topic

Last edited:
1) Hoop de doo Revue. This has been a tradition since me and my husband went to DW on our honeymoon.
2) 1900 Park Fare - not MY favorite, but the rest of my family loves it.
3) Tusker house was a big favorite for breakfast from our last trip, so we will be going again.

We have a lot of must return to restaurants each year and we keep adding more. :rotfl:

We are a family that does 2 - 3 TS per day over our 9 day trips so we do a lot of dining. I try to do at least 5 or 6 new places each time, but it's getting harder and harder....

Our must dos include a lot of character meals because my 8yo son loves them:
Garden Grill
Crystal Palace
Ohana (breakfast)
Tusker House
Cape May (breakfast)
Chef Mickey
Sci-Fi
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Coral Reef

Honourable mentions for places that we are getting to every 2nd trip:
T-Rex
Yachtsman
Liberty Tree
Biergarten

First time places planned for next trip that we are most looking forward to:
Kona
Rose & Crown
Narcoosee's

Right now it looks like we'll be repeating Cape May dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast, and Via Napoli dinner(and possibly Boma dinner if we can fit it in). We'll be doing Akershus breakfast and 1900 Park Fare dinner too, we've done the restaurants previously but not those meals. Everything else will be new to us.

We stay at BCV, so Captain's Grill is always on our list. We also love Biergarten, Rose & Crown and Chefs. Basically, we like to go to WS, grab a cocktail and wander before dinner :)

'Ohana, Biergarten, Sci-Fi, Coral Reef, and Cape May Cafe

Our must-do's for every trip are:

Biergarten
Boma
Ohana
Raglan Road

Then we try to add a few new restaurants to try each trip!

Our most frequently returned to restaurant is Biergarten.

In addition we repeat:
Crystal Palace
Be Our Guest
Raglan Road
Le Cellier
Rose and Crowne
Captain's Grille

Would like to repeat:
Liberty Tree Tavern
Cape May Café breakfast

I am only considering the past 3 years. It had been so long since we had been to WDW before 2013 that I can't remember where we ate. We may have only done QS before then.

This year is throwing me off too, because I'm giving up some "must do's" to fit in new restaurants.

Crystal Palace - pre-park opening only
Tusker House - pre-park opening only (I like the ToL photo op as much as the castle)
BOG - dinner
Chef Mickey's - we always do breakfast
'Ohana - we alternate between dinner and breakfast though

I had always thought of these as must do's until I decided we needed to branch out and try others:

Whispering Canyon - my husband is a ribs maniac, and I haven't broken the news to him yet
Chefs de France - I will probably regret dropping this one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter