TS recommendations for young married couple

bmb3

Mouseketeer
My husband and I will be coming to Disney in August - taking advantage of the free dining! This is our first time with the dining plan -- any recommendations for TS restaurants for a young married couple? We don't want anything super fancy. Right now we're thinking of Tutto Italia, 50s Prime Time, Ohana for dinner and Tusker House, Kona for breakfast. Any other suggestions? Thanks!:thumbsup2

You've got some great choices there.

I'd throw Le Cellier into the mix, which is good basic fare. If you want to do some bulk loading and hit a buffet, maybe Cape May Cafe for dinner. And don't discount Boma, either, even if the menu items seem "weird." It's our favorite WDW buffet, and even my picky DW can do fine.

If you want a spot in DTD, I tend to be a goodwill ambassador for Raglan Road. It's a lot of fun, the food is good, and they have my absolute favorite WDW dessert.

let me start off by saying i am 25 and my husband is 23 so we are also a young married couple! we honeymooned in disney in 07, went for our anniversary in 08 and are going this year for my nieces graduation gift. if you dont want anything too fancy or too expensive, i have a few options for table service.

whispering canyon ( i know people have mixed reviews on this place, but we loved it! the antics there are great and there is so much food if you get the skillet, plus its very good food!)

liberty tree tavern is nice for lunch

cinderellas royal table is a must!

1900 park fare has very good food for breakfast and dinner

i know you dont want fancy, but if you do, narcoosee's is the best!

enjoy your trip! and check out my dining review when i get back, hopefully that will help ya!

My wife and I fit this category as well. We Honeymooned at DisneyWorld last year and had an absolute blast (it was also the first visit for both of us). Here's the way I look at it...pretty much no matter where you go, as long as you're willing to let the kid inside of you out, you'll enjoy it.

That being said, while you're young (or young at heart), make sure to fit in a couple of Character meals. While many of these are geared toward younger children, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a young married couple coming to dinner to meet their favorite characters. The characters love it and you will too!

I definitely reccomend 1900 Park Fare. The food is good and the character interaction is great. Since the characters are all human characters (at dinner anyway), they're not limited to miming, and have some pretty hilarious things to say, especially if you engage them first.

Our other favorite is Donald's Safari breakfast at Tusker House. Who doesn't love a breakfast buffet with Donald & Mickey where you can participate in a dance to wake the sun? :banana:

We are a young couple (mid 30's) that honeymooned at Disney 11 years ago it was first trip for me and 8th for DH and the first together ...so we fell in love with Disney and it became the place to celebrate our aniversary every year since our honeymoon.We loved Boma,Coral Reef,Le Cellier,Tutto Italia,Teppan Edo,Kona,Maya and Ohanna. This summer will try Saana, Yak and Yeti , Mamma Melrose for the first time along with some of the favorites .
:wizard:HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!:wizard:
:hippie:

Ohana's is full of children & kinda noisy. I love it there though & thought the food was really good. The resturaunt in Moracco is wonderful. I like there lunch menu better. They have a belly dancer & band. The building is amazing. YOu have to walk through some buildings to find it though. LOL Have a gret 1st trip.

My husband and I honeymooned at Disney almost 2 years ago in Sept (free dining!), returned again last Sept (free dining!), and will go back again this Sept for our 2nd anniversary (free dining!).

We really like 50s Prime Time and Tusker House. Liberty Tree Tavern is very good too, the salmon sandiwch is to die for.

This year, I am planning on making ressies at Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Chefs de France, Cape May buffet, and some other favorites.

sugarlens,that is so funny! my husband and i were at caribbean beach from 9/24-10/06 of 2007 for our honeymoon with free dining and we were at all star movies 9/16-9/26 of 2008 for our honeymoon! what a coincidence!:cheer2:

My husband and I will be coming to Disney in August - taking advantage of the free dining! This is our first time with the dining plan -- any recommendations for TS restaurants for a young married couple? We don't want anything super fancy. Right now we're thinking of Tutto Italia, 50s Prime Time, Ohana for dinner and Tusker House, Kona for breakfast. Any other suggestions? Thanks!:thumbsup2

As a young married couple ourselves (me 29, DW 25) here are some of our favorites:

EPCOT:
Le Cellier
Biergarten (though you share tables with other people usually - still loads of fun and good food)
San Angel Inn (atmosphere is wonderful, food is ok/good but not great)

Magic Kingdom:
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Plaza

Hollywood Studies:
Not big fans of any place to eat here, really!

Animal Kingdom:
Only done counter service

Aslo, you generally get better value with the DDP using your TS credits for dinner, then lunch, then breakfast (more cost efficient to pay for breakfast out of pocket 99% of the time).

I fit in this category as well. DH (23) and I (25) are going to Disney this September for our 3 year anniversary. YAY!! I agree tho that you should stick at least one character meal in there, we did Crystal Palace for breakfast on our Disneymoon and we loved it. This year I am hoping to do one character breakfast and character dinner. Good Luck.

If you like a funny dinner shows try the Hoopty Doo Revue it wil cost you 2 table service credits but it is an all you can eat and drink ( beer included) it is a fun night you can go over to the chip and dale movie night and watch movies and roast marshmallows as well. My second choice would be Artist Point this cost 2 table service credits aswell and might be a little on the fancy side but it is in one of the best themed resorts Wilderness Lodge and is a easy boat ride over after a day at the MK. After a nice dinner you can sit down by the lake and watch the water pagent light show and walk around the lodge and enjoy a rocker by the fireplace.

While you are young and childfree, I would try places that you can enjoy an adult conversation. You will probably get enough exposure to kids and families and large groups, so plan at least one meal a day that would be a relaxing break from the crowds.

I suggest Yachtsman Steakhouse (2 TS)

San Angel Inn (1 TS) great atmosphere

Maybe Tony's in MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter