• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TS dinner recommendations

stefani_

Mouseketeer
Hello! :)

I've just about finished planning our restaurants for this year, but I need one more 1 TS place for dinner! This is what I have so far:
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Flying Fish
- Chefs de France (a repeat from last year - we loved it!)
- Cape May (breakfast)
- Kona Cafe

These are the places I went to last year, and am not looking to repeat (so please suggest ones other than these!):
- Crystal Palace
- Le Cellier
- Yak & Yeti
- Narcoossee's
- Chef Mickey's

We are not looking for a buffet or character meal (so no PF, CRT, etc.)
Park proximity is not a concern, I can plan around it.

I'd appreciate all input!

Mainly we would like someplace that really has a Disney feel to it, even without characters, with good food (preferrably not something boring like NY Striploin or Pork Chop which we regularly eat at home - but we love it if it has something unique to offer!) but I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks a lot everyone! When suggesting a place it would be great if you could include specific reasons why (e.g. a specific dish you enjoyed, etc.!)

Suggest La Hacienda in Epcot. Looks like you enjoy seafood and they have a great seafood dinner for two. You won't need apps or desserts... just a couple of margaritas and the dinner!!!

Suggest La Hacienda in Epcot. Looks like you enjoy seafood and they have a great seafood dinner for two. You won't need apps or desserts... just a couple of margaritas and the dinner!!!

We do love seafood :lovestruc I will look into La Hacienda! Thanks!

My suggestion is Ohanas. It's not a buffet, but it is served family style. They serve salad, chicken wings, pot stickers, noodles, broccoli, and several grilled meats (pork, chicken, steak, & shrimp). Delicious food & a fun atmosphere!

We had an amazing meal at Yak & Yeti three weeks ago. The food was fresh and delicious. I had ribs with some sort of Asian - style glaze - so tender and tasty! DD had bourbon chicken, but much better than anything you would find at the typical places that have this dish. Plus all dishes we ordered were served with vegetables that were prepared so well - it made me happy that we were having something other than typical park food.

We also had a great dinner at Boma - such a great variety from the exotic to the familiar. My favorite dishes were the roast with tamerind (sp?) BBQ sauce, and the nut-crusted salmon. Also loved the "kokonut" rice!!

We used DDP credits for both these meals as they would have been very expensive OOP.

My suggestion is Ohanas. It's not a buffet, but it is served family style. They serve salad, chicken wings, pot stickers, noodles, broccoli, and several grilled meats (pork, chicken, steak, & shrimp). Delicious food & a fun atmosphere!

Just looked up the menu and it says that it is a buffet... what do you mean by "served family style"?

Just looked up the menu and it says that it is a buffet... what do you mean by "served family style"?

It means that you don't order a specific dish. The food is just brought out to your table in large quantities and you can grab whatever you want out of it, like LTT dinner or HDDR.

It means that you don't order a specific dish. The food is just brought out to your table in large quantities and you can grab whatever you want out of it, like LTT dinner or HDDR.

Exactly!! Family style means the food is brought to your table, in the centre of the table. You grab what you want. Its all you can eat, so eat away! :)

My suggestion is Teppan Edo. OMG i loved their filet mignon!! FAR better than Le Cellier steak! WOW! Loved the food and watching these people cook. A lot of fun, very entertaining. If you have been to several hibachi/teppanyaki places in your home town, then maybe this wont be anything exciting for you. But i have never been so i thought it was fantastic!!! :banana:

I know you said no buffets but if you like seafood the Cape May Cafe has a buffet dinner with seafood. It was very good on our last trip and we are planning on going back. One of the things we really liked is it didn't feel cramped or as crazy like some of the other places you eat.

I would have to go with Sanaa. It will definitely give you a Disney Animal Kingdom-type experience with the windows facing the Savannah. They are still relatively new, and are still experimenting with the food, so it's not as homogenized has some Disney restaurants. I really liked my meal there (the sustainable fish of the day, which that day was arctic char), as did the rest of my family, even the picky younger DD. The food is mainly canted toward an Indian style of cooking, but there were things on the menu for people who do not like Indian food, as well.

In my opinion, it's the best 1TS meal on property.

We really like Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. Nice, relaxed atmosphere and good service. We loved it so much we went twice on our last trip! They have both seafood dishes and more traditional items (steak, chicken, pork). They also have a WONDERFUL clam chowder! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter