• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TS Appetizers & DDP

SummerIrmoma2_3

DIS Veteran
I thought I saw some where on here that the appetizers you get on the DDP are not the same appetizer youwould get OOP. Is this true? Are people using DDP getting a single serving appetizer while those OOP getting a "family" size one?
It really doesn't matter much to me but I would like to know so we could order accordingly.

I thought I saw some where on here that the appetizers you get on the DDP are not the same appetizer youwould get OOP. Is this true? Are people using DDP getting a single serving appetizer while those OOP getting a "family" size one?
It really doesn't matter much to me but I would like to know so we could order accordingly.

As far as I know, you get the same food - quality and quantity whether you use a DDP credit or pay out of pocket for your food. Some frequent visitors have reported that serving sizes seem smaller in the last year or two for appetizers but I haven't seen anyone say that's the case for ONLY DDP visitors.

I can tell you at Concourse Steak House the Scallop appie is 2 scallops!! They were delicious but...!!

There are very few exclusions and limitations on the Dining Plan. (They're listed in the Dining Plan FAQ.) Other than those few exceptions, there is no difference between the offerings available to Dining Plan patrons and other diners.

The appetizers are the same, but they are small everywhere. Maybe it's because of the dining plan, maybe it's just a cost cutting measure, but appetizer sizes at WDW have gone way down-whether you pay cash or use the DDP. There was a very noticable difference between the size of the apps we got in 2004 and the ones we got in 2005 and 2006. Even DH, (the man notices nothing) commented on it. They really seem to be sized for 1 person now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter