• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to rent out My DVC points

zetek

Earning My Ears
I am new to this and trying to rent out my DVC points for this year. Can anyone help with the process to go thru in order to rent out and complete the transaction
Any help would be appricated.

Thank you

Zetek

First have a good renter agreement to cover you and your guest. Post your points as required by board rules. Get 100% of your money within 10 days of your guest receving the Disney confirmation you get and mail to them. Biggest mistake is 50% now and balance within 45 or 30 days. Disney has to many rules that you could get caught in if guest cancel and you have to rerent points. It's a trust thing but both ways, you are on the short end of that trust.I have rented since 2004 and always get paid in full, if that is not ok with renter I understand and respect and move on to next renter.

if that is not ok with renter I understand and respect and move on to next renter.

that's probably the most important advice there is.
you'll most likely get a few looky-loos, that insist you call and book a vaca, but don't want to put any money down. in all likelihood, those will be the same that don't have their air booked, haven't requested off from work, haven't spoken to their spouse about going, want to negotiate a much lower price within 30 days......:sad2:
set your terms and make sure whoever contacts you is willing to accept those terms, else tell them that this negotiation is simply not goin to work out for the both of you and move on.
my regular terms: a small ($100) non-refundable deposit upon booking, half balance within 90 days, other half at 60 days prior. all or partial balance monies may be refundable at 60 days if another renter is found for the same or higher price. of course, i'm a bit flexible for the ppl who have proven reliability and honesty :)
hth

Subbing as I am also interested in tips for renting out. We are planning on putting some points up for rent later next year.

set your terms and make sure whoever contacts you is willing to accept those terms, else tell them that this negotiation is simply not going to work out for the both of you and move on.

I agree - make sure you spell out your terms before you even call MS to check on availability.

Have a contract and use it each and every time. Spell out what you're asking per point, what your deposit/final payment process is going to be, what your reservation change and/or refund policies will be, etc. You need to decide these things before you even put your points out there for rent.

1) You have to trust the renter.
2) You need good understandings between both of you.
3) You need to get the money UP FRONT.

NOTE: Contracts are good for "looks" but really not enforceable, unless you travel to the county where the renter lives. And, any lawsuit seldom includes such things as travel expenses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter