Trying to price-bridge tomorrow. Location?

MartyM

Mouseketeer
Hey everybody! I'm going to Disney world tomorrow...after 5 hours of work...but still!!!!

Anyway, I'm going to try to have my 8d PH from UT price-bridged tomorrow (after 1 use). Can anyone recommend a location where the process has gone smoothly in the past, say 6 months?

Thankya!!!

Can you tell by the overabundance of !!!exclamation points that I'm feeling the disney love?????!!!

The process should go equally smoothly at any Guest Relations window/counter inside or outside any of the four major parks, or the two at Downtown Disney. Any system or process is open to inexpected glitches due to computer or human issues; eight hundred guests' experiences in the last six months at one location has zero bearing on how a process will transact on any given day in the future.

In addition to Guest Relations, it can be done at any ticket booth.
You have dozens of choices in individual locations.

Picking one particular spot because it worked "yesterday" would not be any indication of it working "tomorrow."

Each spot will experience a rotation of Cast Members, as shift changes and days off affect every location.

Hey everybody! I'm going to Disney world tomorrow...after 5 hours of work...but still!!!!

Anyway, I'm going to try to have my 8d PH from UT price-bridged tomorrow (after 1 use). Can anyone recommend a location where the process has gone smoothly in the past, say 6 months?

Thankya!!!

Can you tell by the overabundance of !!!exclamation points that I'm feeling the disney love?????!!!
When you say you are going to have your UCT ticket price-bridged; what are you planning to do with the ticket?

If you are planning to upgrade by adding days or options, or going to some level of AP, it can be done at any Park (including water park, TTC, DTD) ticket or Guest Relations window.

Note that if you are going for an AP it cannot be done at a Resort.

I'm planning on doing this soon and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row - will you guys verify I understand this please?

1. I'm going to buy an UT adult 6 day hopper which costs $324.95.

2. I need to use the ticket to enter a park.

3. Afterwards, I can take it to a park ticket or Guest Relations window and tell them I want to upgrade to an AP, which is currently $611.31.

4. The cast member will process the ticket to an AP as though I paid $356.78, which is the current gate price.

5. I need to know in advance they need to charge me an additional $254.53, not $286.36.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

I'm planning on doing this soon and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row - will you guys verify I understand this please?

1. I'm going to buy an UT adult 6 day hopper which costs $324.95.

2. I need to use the ticket to enter a park.

3. Afterwards, I can take it to a park ticket or Guest Relations window and tell them I want to upgrade to an AP, which is currently $611.31.

4. The cast member will process the ticket to an AP as though I paid $356.78, which is the current gate price.

5. I need to know in advance they need to charge me an additional $254.53, not $286.36.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

that's it :)
just as others said, know the amount due in advance, so you can catch the mistake if they don't bridge the pass first.

btw, the ONLY place we have had problems bridging/upgrading was at International Gateway. There is one CM there that has given us problems repeatedly over the years - we learned to avoid him (and his attitude). other than that one, we have easily exchanged with other CMs at IG, DHS, WS GS, and DTD without difficulty.

I have one more question. I've read that there is a discount on tickets built into the packages, so I wanted to see what it was. Just for comparison, I went online and priced out room only for ASMu for 6 nights August 13-19 in a standard room and got a with-tax price of $623.76. Then I went back and did the same parameters but chose "package" with 1 6 day hopper added. No dining plan. I verified it's quoting a standard room. The with-tax price then is $996.69.

The difference is $372.93. What am I missing? :confused3

The gate price of a 6 day hopper with taxes is $356.78. UT's price with tax for a 6 day hopper is $324.95.

Thanks!

I have one more question. I've read that there is a discount on tickets built into the packages, so I wanted to see what it was. Just for comparison, I went online and priced out room only for ASMu for 6 nights August 13-19 in a standard room and got a with-tax price of $623.76. Then I went back and did the same parameters but chose "package" with 1 6 day hopper added. No dining plan. I verified it's quoting a standard room. The with-tax price then is $996.69.

The difference is $372.93. What am I missing? :confused3

The gate price of a 6 day hopper with taxes is $356.78. UT's price with tax for a 6 day hopper is $324.95.

Thanks!

There is no discount on tickets bought as part of a package. But I can't explain what the difference in price would be between what you got from the package and the gate price without playing around with it for a bit.

ETA: I priced out a package with tickets for 6 nights at ASMu from 8/13 to 8/19 (6 nights) and got a price of $1,013.38 with 6 day hoppers. Without the hoppers, I got a price of $655.40. The difference is $357.98, which still doesn't match the $356.78 gate price of a 6 day hopper exactly, but it's a lot closer.

There is no discount on tickets bought as part of a package. But I can't explain what the difference in price would be between what you got from the package and the gate price without playing around with it for a bit.

I'm sure Cheshire Figment can explain it better but it has something to do with how the taxes are charged on the tickets bought with packages vs the ones bought outright. WDW "sells" WDTC tickets at a different tax rate or something and the WDTC are the ones included in the packages.Or thats how it used to be.

The difference does seem to be too big in this case though, I would have to run the numbers to see what it is exactly.

I had excellent results at the EPCOT Guest Relations. The one inside the park next to Spaceship Earth. There was a slight hold up because the CM had to verify the type of ticket I had with her supervisor. She said they recently changed the rules and you CANNOT bridge a ticket that is bough on property.
Mine was an UT ticket so all was well and everything worked out TO THE PENNY within 15 min.

This was in June!

Basically, as far as WDW Ticketing Operations is concerned, they sell two types of ticket.

One is those sold at WDW windows (and ticket vending machines), or sold online or by telephone for either being mailed (with a $5.00 shipping fee) or for will-call. These are sold at Full Current Gate Price. If you go to upgrade them after the date of purchase and a general price increase they will not be price-bridged.

Any other sale of tickets is to another entity at a wholesale (discounted) price. These include AAA, authorized resellers (such as Undercover Tourist), Military (SoG/MWR/ITT), The Disney Store, and The Walt Disney Travel Company (which is the seller of all Resort Packages). These are all considered "Discounted Tickets" and can be price-bridged.

The thing to consider is that each seller may charge any price that they want for these tickets. TDS and WDTC usually sell these tickets at the full Current Gate Price to the end user. Sometimes WDTC will have special promotions, such as kids are free, and resellers (including WDTC) may have promotions for free days. All of these are adjustments by the retailer in their selling price. However, all are considered as having been sold at a discount and can be price-bridged for upgrading.

Note that to do any price-bridging the ticket must first be used at any Park (including water parks or DQ) turnstile. Otherwise the price will not be bridged and the value of the ticket, for upgrading purposes is actually the discounted wholesale price that WDW Ticketing Operations so the tickets for.

Cheshire Figment! I'm a big fan, big fan! :worship:

Can you explain the difference in price I explained above? Basically, it appears that a ticket included in a package costs more than just buying a ticket at the gate.

Thanks!

I think that with a package they will add some items automatically unless you specify that you do not want them. Also there is a possibility that they will add insurance unless you specifically opt out.

ETA: I priced out a package with tickets for 6 nights at ASMu from 8/13 to 8/19 (6 nights) and got a price of $1,013.38 with 6 day hoppers. Without the hoppers, I got a price of $655.40. The difference is $357.98, which still doesn't match the $356.78 gate price of a 6 day hopper exactly, but it's a lot closer.

That is so odd - I've gone back and done it again - package, 6 nights ASMu August 13-19, standard room, 1 6-day hopper (no WPF&M), and it prices out to $996.69. :teacher:

No insurance added.

I assume I'm just forgetting something, but I've looked and looked and can't find the discrepancy.

I took a screen shot but I'm not sure how to post it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter