Trying to pick a resort to book with free dining in the morning.

shoelace

Earning My Ears
Background: 2 adults and 2 18year old girls, will probably rent a car, close to food/bus is important, want the standard dining plan (will need to upgrade at the values) and want to have all the credits pooled as the girls won't often use the table service and we want to use their snacks during food and wine, 11 nights, won't be in the room much at all, almost always do a quick service breakfast at the resort, probably eat almost all meals besides breakfast at the parks

Here's what I've got it "narrowed down" to: (all have the dining plan upgrade included)
2 rooms at pop $3600
2 rooms at sports $3400
2 rooms at music (preferred room) $3800

If we can't pool the dining credits with 2 rooms:
Music family suite $3700
AOA family suite $4250

Cabin at fort wilderness $4203

Animal kingdom, upgraded to bunk beds, savannah view $5582 (don't love the restaurant options)

Wilderness lodge, upgraded to bunk beds, woods view $4764

Sigh, I'm finding it really hard to decide/figure it out. Lol, who knew planning a vacay was so stressful.

Ha ha ha

You also can't guarantee rooms right near each other. For what you are thinking I would do an upgraded dining Value suite, two bathrooms is a big plus

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You could book a FD package with the 4 of you in one room at one of the values. All your dining credits would be pooled together.

Then you could book a 2nd room using the room only discount for the extra space.

You could book a FD package with the 4 of you in one room at one of the values. All your dining credits would be pooled together.

Then you could book a 2nd room using the room only discount for the extra space.

Brilliant.

Never underestimate the creativity of Dissers.

While you cannot pool the credits you can swap keys. Each couple has a key for their room and a key from the other room. They can then use the CS credits from your key and you use the TS credits and snacks from theirs.

Were I in your shoes I would get the Music suite. Those are all in the preferred location and would give you two bathrooms, privacy, and some together time.

Pretty sure that wont work because you can't list the same person on two reservations at the same time. Also, the rooms might not be anywhere close to one another even if they did allow it to be booked.

Oh, did your pricing include the upcharge for more than per adults per room? That extra fee is waived in the suites but applies to regular rooms.

Also, you will need to have everyone named in each room. They will not let you be named on two rooms at once.

Shoot, I was loving the 2nd room as a room only discount reso, I really think that would be a fantastic idea. That might even open up some mods depending on the cost.

Oh, did your pricing include the upcharge for more than per adults per room? That extra fee is waived in the suites but applies to regular rooms.

Also, you will need to have everyone named in each room. They will not let you be named on two rooms at once.

Well, not sure how it works, as I only read on the DIS about people doing that. Can't take the credit for the brilliance on that, BOB NC. :lmao:

Our last trip, I had a RO booked then got a FD pin. Couldn't wait on hold forever, so I booked a new ressie online w/ FD with my husband as the main person on the ressie. Had them both for a couple of weeks until I was able to cancel the RO. So, it did let me have all of us listed on two ressies at the same time. Just different person for the main one.

I guess you won't know til you try it online!

So, to give everyone the update. I went with pop (for now). I was able to book us all into one room with the free dining and then they let me do a separate room at pop on a room only discount. Best plan ever and it totally worked!!

So, to give everyone the update. I went with pop (for now). I was able to book us all into one room with the free dining and then they let me do a separate room at pop on a room only discount. Best plan ever and it totally worked!!

That's fantastic.

May I ask what kind of discount you got on room only?:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter