Trying to maximize CS credits - Question

wed100105

DIS Veteran
We're staying at BCV and plan on dining at Hurricane Hannahs our first day. I have a question about QS. Is it correct that on the regular DDP we could order:

Beaches Signature Angus Cheeseburger - served with choice of French Fries or Cabbage Slaw $8.29

Lava Smoothie - Raspberry Purée blended with Pina Colada mix $4.69

Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar $3.29

and fill our resort dining mugs for free?

That seems like a pretty good deal (not outstanding, but worth the DDP).

Next question: if our daughter (4) orders this: (Kid's Meals include choice of two sides items: grapes, carrot sticks, applesauce. Choice of one: 1% Mickey milk, small bottled water or apple juice box. Served with your own sand pail and shovel.

Cheeseburger or Grilled Cheese $6.49

Does she get a dessert, too or do we use a snack credit to get her a Mickey ice cream bar (or give her one of ours)?

Thanks!

the "desserts" you have listed are not desserts included w/the DDP, the Mickey bar is a snack... the desserts are likely something smaller (although this is a unique location, i could be wrong) like cake/brownie/etc...
i believe the kids' meal could sub for one of the sides something more "dessert-y"

Smoothies and other specialty beverages do not count toward your beverage in 99% of cases. One exception is at Sci-Fi where some people say they allowed the milkshakes. Im not sure if Beaches & Cream lets you get a smoothie as the beverage but probably not. Typically the beverage is just water, soda, lemonade, tea, drip coffee, milk, or juice.

You will get one entree, one dessert, and one basic beverage though. The kids meals will be the same...one kids meal, one beverage, and one dessert. If the meal states it comes with milk or juice, that is the beverage so you wouldn't get a 2nd beverage. But yes, they would get a dessert also.

The Mickey bars are not usually counted as desserts. Most places have a select few desserts available such as chocolate cake, cookie, or key lime mousse. There are numerous options but you can only pick from those listed as desserts on the menu. The more gourmet desserts count as snack credits. You may run into one or two exceptions where they will allow you to get a Mickey bar if they even have them at the CS dining location but I would expect to not get them.

Just looked at the menu and since there are no other desserts listed, you probably will be able to get the ice cream as your dessert. Just be sure you ask what is included on the DDP before you order.

I would not count on getting the smoothie as your drink, but again, it never hurts to ask!

We were told last week when we were there that any item that is listed as a snack option can be used as a dessert. So instead of getting dessert, sometimes we'd get fruit or a muffin to eat the next day. Many places don't have options to allow you to do this, but at Roaring Forks we were always able to. I would think the Mickey bar could be an adult dessert.

At counter service restaurants, the kids meal desserts are usually a pre-packaged cookie that you get instead of a side (ie you can get grapes and a cookie as your two options). They don't get anything like an adult dessert. We usually shared our adult desserts with the kids.

We were able to get virgin pina coladas at Coral Reef as our beverages, but we weren't allowed to do that at 'Ohana. So it seems somewhat inconsistent. Can't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't count on it. Sometimes we'd get a bottle of OJ as a drink and save it for breakfast the next morning.

I was hoping to find a pic to clear things up and found this pick of the menu.

hurricane-hannas-grill-at-yacht-beach-club-3.jpg

But they don't have anything listed as desserts and the ice cream is marked as a snack. :confused3

And I assume you know that on the DDP, you don't get the resort mug for free, unless you aren't going until 2012.

We have been able to get any ice cream novelty as a dessert at the food court at POP. You can even return within a certain time frame to get it. I would think most of the food courts would be the same but definitely ask the casher first. And you might be able to get the smoothie as a dessert as well.

TS and CS is very different when it comes to the type of drinks allowed with the DDP. At TS locations you can get the frozen non-alcoholic drinks like smoothies and milkshakes. At CS locations you can't (the occasional cashier at a resort may allow it but they're bending rules for you when they do). The smoothie you listed will likely not be allowed as the drink option though you could likely get it as your dessert option (ask before ordering to be sure).

At every CS location we've ever been at, you can get any of the snack eligible frozen desserts as the dessert option for an adult CS meal.

Kids meals only get one of the limitted kid dessert options with the kids meals. These generally will include a selection of items like a chocolate chip cookie (not the big bakery ones, a smaller packaged one), a puddding cup, a jello cup, a small package of grapes, a small bag of carrots.

I would assume the 'icecreams' would be your dessert choices. Most places the desserts are also snacks that's why it has the symbol. At the foodcourts the sell novelty ice cream bars they can be desserts or snacks.

dgs did get the mickey ice cream bar as their dessert. Once they finished their lunch (pails) I went and got their ice cream bar so it didn't melt before they ate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter