• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to make a FE gift decision

havaneselover

Dreaming about a Disney cruise
We have a small FE (10 staterooms in my group) for a 4-day Dream cruise. I've got two ideas and am not sure which way to go. I'm not crafty so these are things I will be purchasing.

1) Disney Cruise wristlet key fob. I got one of these about two years ago and still use it. I LOVE it. It was homemade but I'd be buying off Etsy.

2) Cruise survival kit with Method Mickey or Minnie hand soap, band-aids, small tissue packet, etc.

Thoughts? I like the idea of liquid hand soap (bar soap seems so gross to use) but other than that it seems practical and the soap will get thrown out after the cruise since most people will be flying home.

We made our own key fobs wristlets (no sew) and put a shrinkydink logo of DCL on the ring. They were fun to make (20 each) and not very expensive overall. An easy momento and one that people can use off the ship.

The kit sounds like a wonderful idea- some of those items we all forget to pack for ourselves- maybe add safety pins? Helpful for costumes, etc. Great idea!

We made our own key fobs wristlets (no sew) and put a shrinkydink logo of DCL on the ring. They were fun to make (20 each) and not very expensive overall. An easy momento and one that people can use off the ship.

Do you happen to have a photo?

Do you happen to have a photo?

I don't have a photo of them immediately, but you can see them generically with a step by step over here. We have a sewing machine, tried it for a minute, and nope, it ended up tearing the cotton webbing. We found Disney ribbon at Micheals/Hobby Lobby/Jo Ann. My wife still uses our "frozen inspired" one and it is in great shape despite being made in September last year.

I don't have a photo of them immediately, but you can see them generically with a step by step over here.

I got one of these on my last cruise and I had no idea what it was! It was pretty ribbon and a metal piece. I twirled it around and threw it out. I don't wear my keys on my wrist.

I got one of these on my last cruise and I had no idea what it was! It was pretty ribbon and a metal piece. I twirled it around and threw it out. I don't wear my keys on my wrist.
I don't wear it on wrist either. And to be honest, it likely won't fit many adult wrists. But it does provide a loop in which to affix a carabiner or other keys while providing a reference to a vacation. :)

@Quellman ... Thank you! It was the shrinks dink portion I was wondering about. You attached it to the key ring? That's awesome. I love shrinks dinks and I like these fobs. I got one on our last cruise and I use it as my everyday keychain.

@jlynch924 , Ah yes I might have some shrinks left over that didn't turn out well. Or else my wife finally got tired of my hoarding and threw them out. Our cruise group had a talented graphic artist and our group was "Rockin' the Docks!" so they made a logo for our use. So I printed the logos onto shrinky paper and then shrunk them. I also made sure there was space when I cut them out to take a small drill bit and make a hole so it would go through the keyring portion.

We got something similar on a cruise and it appears someone went to a lot of effort to make, but did just put it on a Ring and not a key ring and the loop was very small would not fit across my or my daughters hand. I wasn't sure what the use might be.. Does anyone else know if it is not a a key ring and just a ring?

We got something similar on a cruise and it appears someone went to a lot of effort to make, but did just put it on a Ring and not a key ring and the loop was very small would not fit across my or my daughters hand. I wasn't sure what the use might be.. Does anyone else know if it is not a a key ring and just a ring?
Is it possible that it would hold chapstick? I have one that I bought at a craft fair that is a super-small loop that is designed perfectly for that.

Is it possible that it would hold chapstick? I have one that I bought at a craft fair that is a super-small loop that is designed perfectly for that.

No don't think so.. It is a solid D-Ring and the strap is very short and just enough to go around 3 fingers, not the wrist

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter